GARCINIA CAMBOGIA EXTRACT

I just watched the video clip on this extract from the Dr. OZ show & was curious if anyone has tried it? If so, what were your results & would you recommend it?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I have not tried it, and from everything I've read from past posts about this stuff, and Dr Oz in general, it's a waste of money. Only thing gettin' thinner is your wallet.

Search for it on the boards with the search button up top - countless threads on the stuff. And really, Dr. Oz has a new amazing weight loss secret, trick or food every week. If they really worked, would anyone still be overweight?

Save your money - calorie deficit, exercise, drink water, take rest days, get good sleep. It works. :smile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    lol....

take half the money you were going to spend on it, light it on fire, and flush the other half down the toilet.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Do a search in the forums for this. You'll learn everything you needed to know.

Go to Community
    Halfway down are the message boards
    Search is a function on the right.

But, I'm gonna say bad idea.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Oh and Dr. Oz is a snake oil salesmen.
  • carolsteele45
    carolsteele45 Posts: 43 Member
    Yet another diet scam - very much like the rage about Acai berries 5 years ago
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Dr Oz is a doctor like I'm a brain surgeon.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    All you need to lose weight is food, in the proper amount. Don't spend money on "magic" potions. The only thing that gets lighter with those is your wallet.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    You lost me at Dr. Oz..........
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Warning: Do not post about "diet pills" on MFP boards. You will see how crazy people get.

But I tried them before I really learned about dieting and fitness and how to actually lose weight successfully. They don't do much. Maybe give you some energy and make you bloat less....and that is just based on how I felt, not science.

So do yourself a favor and use the $10-20 on a clothing item that doesnt fit you right now. Make it your goal to get into them!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Dr. Oz is a doctor about as much as the girl in the photo is a genius...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQms_7O9zd2xF6gdXv0w94-CTBJKvu-d6RxzAfumWaXaj7i9oEfBw
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Dr. OZ

60877-Duck-no-gif-zeih.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Warning: Do not post about "diet pills" on MFP boards. You will see how crazy people get.

Yeah, all these "crazy" people responding with advice to OP to save her money because the supplements are ineffective.

Oh, the insanity.

OP: ZOMG THESE ARE AWFUL DON'T BUY THEM YOU'RE WASTING YOUR MONEY AND THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING MEANINGFUL AND JUST DON'T DO IT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO DON'T DO IT!!1!eleven!!1
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Dr. OZ

enino-man-no.gif
  • skullshank
    Dr. OZ

enino-man-no.gif

giphy.gif
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member

Yeah, all these "crazy" people responding with advice to OP to save her money because the supplements are ineffective.

Oh, the insanity.

OP: ZOMG THESE ARE AWFUL DON'T BUY THEM YOU'RE WASTING YOUR MONEY AND THEY WON'T DO ANYTHING MEANINGFUL AND JUST DON'T DO IT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO DON'T DO IT!!1!eleven!!1

Didn't say the people were crazy ... said you will see how crazy people get. posting pictures of ducks shaking your head no isn't great feedback. As much as they are funny. Was just warning her before this thread ends up with 180 posts about how Dr Oz is crazy.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Every time I think of Garcinia, I think of Arsenio.

Which makes me think of this:

eddie-murphy-600x450.jpg

And then I start thinking about how Garcinia Cambogia sounds like someplace in Zamunda.

Crazy, yeah?

aFu_ArsenioYell.gif

Not as crazy as taking that stuff and thinking it will help you lose weight. Just sayin.
  • _HeartsOnFire_

Oh, the insanity.

Didn't say the people were crazy ... said you will see how crazy people get. posting pictures of ducks shaking your head no isn't great feedback. As much as they are funny. Was just warning her before this thread ends up with 180 posts about how Dr Oz is crazy.

I'm hoping for funny gifs of things/animals/people saying no. Because it's stating exactly what it should - No.

tumblr_lya8vjypsK1r2rz91.gif
  • tobftmom
    tobftmom Posts: 11
    I just got mine in the mail today. I'm going to try it tomorrow. If you really feel strongly about it you should try it.
    I'll let you know how it goes.
  • skullshank

Oh, the insanity.

1. my duck gif is funny AND great feedback. you are wrong.
    2. OP should search first

so are you saying that your sage advice is far better because you were stu.....um, adventurous enough to buy into it?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Every time I think of Garcinia, I think of Arsenio.

Which makes me think of this:

eddie-murphy-600x450.jpg

And then I start thinking about how Garcinia Cambogia sounds like someplace in Zamunda.

Crazy, yeah?

aFu_ArsenioYell.gif

Not as crazy as taking that stuff and thinking it will help you lose weight. Just sayin.

hahahaha.
    More_gifs.gif