Does personal life/issues matter on this site?

Options
THIS IS A SEMI-SPEECH AND FULL-ON RANT (BEWARE):

I don't really use the forums much here. But I had an issue yesterday and from speaking to other people I see a trend. XD

We are not so different, unfortunately it is clear some have been brainwashed into believing anyone outside their standards of diets, interests, or perceptions is somehow stupid or wrong?
Is that it? I mean no offense, like I said, I don't use the forums often here. I had a bad experience as a newbie. People ignored my actual question and just insulted me instead of even talking to me. Some claimed to try to be helping but insulting me doesn't help. Opinions aren't facts, so it hard to call my views/lifestyle stupid just because you disagree. Are opinions more important than actual facts? But (now this is a fact) all the brave little guys on here who cared enough to insult me other than actually "help" me (even if you disagreed and thought it would help, you would have gotten further by being nicer, as I was not being the rude one first. You get further with niceness, people will listen), would not be anywhere near as brave in person, you would keep your mouths shut out of fear because 99% of people aren't that rude in real life, even when you feel you are right because real life has consequences.

I have also noticed people look at my profile information a lot and my activity on other sites. My Facebook was looked up, my EP account, my Twitter. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to hide.

They try to use everything about me, against me. Just to insult me. To prove I am messed up, but not to help, it seems they just wanted to be inflammatory and shame me because I wasn't like them.

Seeing as the information on your profile just seems to make jerks out of people?
Even my weight caused an issue.

If it matters not to you, like me, leave it, if you understand like me that your personal life HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VIEWS YOU GIVE OR WHAT YOU ASK/SAY ON THIS SITE, thank you for that.

You would have to see a persons life and even your own from very beginning to end to have a chance at judging someone, and even then your mind cant come close to comprehending it.

Replies

• ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    Sits down with a bucket of popcorn and my 3-d glasses......
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Drama? is the expression of an opinion a judgement? does someone else's opinion MAKE you feel? emotions are yours no one CAN make you feel anything... any interaction with another person creates an opportunity to reach into your bag of feelings and emotions and begin extracting them to suit YOUR mood... taking exception to a strangers words? giving them weight? gives them power over you... ARE you okay with that? advice says one thing..."Be more like me..." do you want to be more like a complete stranger? ... am I offeing advice? are questions advice? are you judging me based on the questions I am typing? what gives you the right?

Conflict is the result of two opposing forces coming into contact...Sun Tzu tells us... figh tthe battle worth fighting... always ask.. is it worht it?

chose your emotions and keep your power
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    NO :angry: \m/
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Cliff notes? I'll wait

popcorn_antelope.gif
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Oh. It's you. :yawn:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet.

And in.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but . . . who are you?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So... the mods are on vacation?
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    FInd a gif that sums this all up and then try again... Or BLOG works.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    For the record... you stated that you were having a contest with your friend to see who could go the longest without eating anything, and were looking for tips on how to last the longest.

people said don't do it.

you said "i didn't ask if you thought I should do it, I asked you to tell me how"

Ask a question about unhealthy eating patterns, and you won't have people blowing sunshine up your butt or handing you flowers.

Posting personal information online and bragging about your money, giving first and last names, and dates of birth, and flaunting all that with an "I'm better than you attitude" results in some interesting drama.

And now you're back for more. :) YAY

But since you feel dissed... here you go :flowerforyou:

eta: oh and you also said you struggle with eating disorders, but that you liked the challenge of starving yourself
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Looks that way. Maybe a group spring break trip? I'm actually looking forward to their return.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    You were not insulted. You asked about something unhealthy and certainly not safe and you got feedback. That is what the forums are for.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You asked about not eating for an undetermined amount of time. People told you that it was unhealthy because it is unhealthy and it violates the terms of this site. It isn't people getting butthurt about you wanting to diet different. It's people telling you that starving yourself is a bad thing. Focus on health, not weight.

It sucks that they looked up your private information, but that's why there's tons of warnings out there about revealing information online. It's up to you to protect yourself and your identity.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    find another site if you don't like us. GEEZZZ
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Would bang.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Looks that way. Maybe a group spring break trip? I'm actually looking forward to their return.
    yeah like girls gone wild.....
    200.gif \m/
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    welcome-to-the-internet.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.