Does personal life/issues matter on this site?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    does someone else's opinion MAKE you feel? emotions are yours no one CAN make you feel anything... any interaction with another person creates an opportunity to reach into your bag of feelings and emotions and begin extracting them to suit YOUR mood... taking exception to a strangers words? giving them weight? gives them power over you... ARE you okay with that? advice says one thing..."Be more like me..." do you want to be more like a complete stranger? ... am I offeing advice? are questions advice? are you judging me based on the questions I am typing? what gives you the right?

This is pretty much BS (and yes, that is my judgement based on your post). While I agree that it is something to strive for, it is a very rare person indeed that is not affected by the disapproval of others, even strangers, to some degree. Those who claim not to be are usually not being truthful.

Emotions are not something that we have total control over. Actions are.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    For the record... you stated that you were having a contest with your friend to see who could go the longest without eating anything, and were looking for tips on how to last the longest.

people said don't do it.

you said "i didn't ask if you thought I should do it, I asked you to tell me how"

and then *kitten* got interesting.

Ask a question about unhealthy eating patterns, and you won't have people blowing sunshine up your butt or handing you flowers.

Posting personal information online and bragging about your money, giving first and last names, and dates of birth, and flaunting all that with an "I'm better than you attitude" results in some interesting drama.

And now you're back for more. :) YAY

But since you feel dissed... here you go :flowerforyou:

eta: oh and you also said you struggle with eating disorders, but that you liked the challenge of starving yourself

Perfect recap, and lets add in that she feels blameless for all the retorts she shot back yesterday. Its all OUR fault.

And if this is an accurate representation of today's youth, I continue to weep for our future. :sad:

Fortunately my experience as a high school teacher leads me to believe that it is not.

Oh, thank God!

Don't get me wrong, there are some. I just don't think it's the majority.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    My concern is that this isn't basic trolling. What if this chick has hacked someone else's account to get them 'cyber-bullied'. Normally I wouldn't jump to that conclusion, but from the sounds of it, this little gem went out of her way and above and beyond to post personal info. What if that 'personal info' wasn't even hers? And now this pic and this info that we are associating with some wacked out girl is actually not even hers. It's just too strange to me...

*Edited for typo

This is why we all keep reporting her.

And no one is cyber bullying her.
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    And if this is an accurate representation of today's youth, I continue to weep for our future. :sad:
    Actually I would call this an inaccurate representation of today's youth. Blanket statements lack insight.

OP I was on the thread you were referring to, and well you are guilty of most if not all of the allegations you are complaining about.

You showed a high level of disregard for other peoples beliefs and opinions.

Announced that people with eating disorders were not your problem showing a complete lack of sympathy or understanding.

Broke almost every guideline on the MFP forums.

Insulted and berated anyone who disagreed with you.

I tried to be helpful and understanding but you still took it as a personal attack because well I just did not agree with you.

Here is a definition that may give your current thread and mentality some clarity...

hypocrite
    (1) A person who engages in the same behaviors (s)he condemns others for.

(2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.

(3) A person who holds other people to higher standards than (s)he holds himself.

OnqjFBj.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...oh so in.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Actually I would call this an inaccurate representation of today's youth. Blanket statements lack insight.

OP I was on the thread you were referring to, and well you are guilty of most if not all of the allegations you are complaining about.

You showed a high level of disregard for other peoples beliefs and opinions.

Announced that people with eating disorders were not your problem showing a complete lack of sympathy or understanding.

Broke almost every guideline on the MFP forums.

Insulted and berated anyone who disagreed with you.

I tried to be helpful and understanding but you still took it as a personal attack because well I just did not agree with you.

Here is a definition that may give your current thread and mentality some clarity...

hypocrite
    (1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.

(2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.

(3) A person who holds other people to higher standards than he holds himself.

OnqjFBj.jpg

Much like the water that is being spit out...I believe this will also go in that same direction over the OP's head...

Spit_takes_myers_bros.gif
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My concern is that this isn't basic trolling. What if this chick has hacked someone else's account to get them 'cyber-bullied'. Normally I wouldn't jump to that conclusion, but from the sounds of it, this little gem went out of her way and above and beyond to post personal info. What if that 'personal info' wasn't even hers? And now this pic and this info that we are associating with some wacked out girl is actually not even hers. It's just too strange to me...

*Edited for typo

That's good. I wasn't saying people were cyber bullying but that she was trying to get someone to cyber bully whoever's info she stole. Maybe some girl she hates that she goes to school with or whatever. Trolls are SNEAKY! LOL
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

*Edited for typo

That's good. I wasn't saying people were cyber bullying but that she was trying to get someone to cyber bully whoever's info she stole. Maybe some girl she hates that she goes to school with or whatever. Trolls are SNEAKY! LOL

Ah.

giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Late+for+Class_36a8c0_4425054.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    does someone else's opinion MAKE you feel? emotions are yours no one CAN make you feel anything... any interaction with another person creates an opportunity to reach into your bag of feelings and emotions and begin extracting them to suit YOUR mood... taking exception to a strangers words? giving them weight? gives them power over you... ARE you okay with that? advice says one thing..."Be more like me..." do you want to be more like a complete stranger? ... am I offeing advice? are questions advice? are you judging me based on the questions I am typing? what gives you the right?

This is pretty much BS (and yes, that is my judgement based on your post). While I agree that it is something to strive for, it is a very rare person indeed that is not affected by the disapproval of others, even strangers, to some degree. Those who claim not to be are usually not being truthful.

Emotions are not something that we have total control over. Actions are.

Emotions aren't, but we do have control over how we frame our experience. I became way less affected by other people's opinions when I realized that they were *opinion* - not fact - and that any ugliness they expressed was a reflection of THEIR ugliness, not mine.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    We are definitely not the same. Please get help.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My stupid gifs never work. *SIGH*
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    For the record... you stated that you were having a contest with your friend to see who could go the longest without eating anything, and were looking for tips on how to last the longest.

people said don't do it.

you said "i didn't ask if you thought I should do it, I asked you to tell me how"

and then *kitten* got interesting.

i miss all the good stuff....
    I know, me too
    I really don't think OP is 18, I guess between 14-16

I'd guess closer to 14, especially since she's so short.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    My stupid gifs never work. *SIGH*

try again, I'll take a look and see if I can fix. :flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Cliff notes? I'll wait

popcorn_antelope.gif

Long and short of it is....butt-hurt. you're welcome.

Cliff's notes... GET IT?!

Ah, I kill me sometimes ::knee slappin::
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    gay_dance.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I call BS on most of the personal info she posted yesterday anyhow.

Pro-tip: when posting about your rich dad, don't make it someone so famous that genealogy information is readily publicly available.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    funny-gif-stormtrooper-dancing.gif
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mblkyxL7rf1r9p374o1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.