T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team 9/24-9/30/10

Options
1235»

Replies

• egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    I HATED running. Until last year when I started again. I found that finding a program that was paced really slowly was good for me. I am much better at interval running then I am pure distance. It's all about starting slowly and doing what works for you. My dog also really helps me get out there. It's hard to stay at home when he's standing by the door, looking at me everytime I walk past. Do you have any pets?
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I have two dogs. One is too old but the younger one would probably love it. He is a little spastic though. The only trouble I have is that I am typically home with the kids and the hubby works evenings. That is why I walk at lunch here at work and do the stationary bike in the evenings at home. I could probably sneak out on the weekends though. I might give the dog a try!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I looked it up and am going to start tomorrow on the couch to 5k program. I have never been a huge fan of running, but who knows, I might change my mind.

Honestly, me either. I actually refused to run when told to. I did not think that my body was made for running. I am so thankful for the C25K program, it has changed my life and perspective on what I can do. It is absolutely amazing. Just take it one day at a time and tell yourself you can do it. No negative self talk. I know you can do it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am by no means, a professional, but I have been running for just over a year and have learned so much. There are also C25K threads on MFP that you can join to help with encouragement and support. I wish you the best of luck with the program. :bigsmile:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    SW 275/ GW 190/ CW 270.2= 4.8 lbs lost this week with a total of 25.8 lbs lost!

YEAH! I am so excited about my weigh-in. I love to see that my hard work has been paying off. I hope everyone has had a great week and hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    SW 275/ GW 190/ CW 270.2= 4.8 lbs lost this week with a total of 25.8 lbs lost!

YEAH! I am so excited about my weigh-in. I love to see that my hard work has been paying off. I hope everyone has had a great week and hope you all have a great weekend!

I am so excited for you. Keep up the AWESOME work.

Weigh in for me tomorrow morning. I will update then. Have a beautiful Friday afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    SERIOUSLY, WHERE IS EVERYBODY??? Do we need to get out the bloodhounds to find everybody??? :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hello!

I have a question for you guys: What do you do when your friends/family don't support your need to lose weight. Well, it's not really that they don't support it, they just aren't doing it too. Do you eat separate meals and different times? Do you just have to prioritize it and try to fit yourself in when you can? How do you deal with it?