What is your take on peanut butter?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    My take is that if you enjoy it just weigh out your portion and enjoy it.

I don't eat a ton of it because it is calorie dense, but I love chocolate peanut butter cup Talenti (gelato) and I put 16 grams of peanut butter in my greek yogurt sometimes.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    SugaryLynx, my thoughts exactly. Will you marry me?

Try the peanuts and salt only PB. It tastes fantastic even without sugar and oil.

Eat a LITTLE of what you crave, because eating a carrot won't solve the craving, and you will just eat PB afterward. .
  • Pertinacy
    Pertinacy Posts: 131
    I take Peanut Butter and put it in my mouth.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    I live peanut butter. I eat it with a spoon all the time, last night included. I find it a great way to get some calories after a workout when it's late at night and I'm not hungry.

Rigger

+1

Great protein source, and if you workout you handle the calories.

~Charles~
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Peanut butter is delicious nectar of the gods

Seconded.

Third-ed.

Fourth-ed-ed?? I love the stuff...eat it every night with some dark chocolate as a snack. It fits in my macros so I got for it :-)
  • I eat it occasionally, but I am not overly fussed on it. It doesn't really seem worth the calories to me. Nutella on the other hand, I could eat straight from the jar, so yummy :).
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    I just bought a massive jar of it today!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    LOVE!
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    PBSlim powdered peanut butter with chocolate is HEAVEN in shakes that taste bland!
  • zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for your replies everyone. Don't get me wrong I do care about the nutrients and the protein too. I normally like almond butter, but PB will always have a special place on my shelf or should I say tongue.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I love it. Good source of protein. Almond butters are also good
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I never cared much for it before I began here. Hardly ever ate it.
    Now I find myself craving it, WTH? I have it once a week for breakfast on a toasted English muffin with sliced banana. I tried the PB2, but it is not quite the same, but a lot lower in calories.
  • kmglennie
    kmglennie Posts: 40
    I find nut butters are trouble foods for me because I have a really hard time putting on the brakes and limiting myself to a very small amount, and with peanut butter, a little more packs a huge calorie wallop.

Also, if you are going to eat it, make sure to weigh it rather than just going by measuring spoons!
  • zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    I saw an ad for PB2 this past week. Powder right?
  • lol....
  • vpzuck
    vpzuck Posts: 4
    Try PB2! It's great!:smile:
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    I had a hard time eating even a natural peanut butter in moderation, peanut butter is a trigger food for me. I switched to natural almond butter which I love maybe even more so than peanut butter, but I can eat almond butter in moderation and I eat it pretty much daily, sometimes twice daily. It's a good healthy protein/ fat. I work it into may daily calories and it's all good.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I saw an ad for PB2 this past week. Powder right?

Yep, you add water to it. They sell it at Target now. It is with the regular peanut butter.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    I eat it (honey roasted) with a spoon while walking on my treadmill! That stuff is nummy
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I like it on my dark chocolate personally...
    tumblr_n2c53uc1W61sj3oxho1_500.gif

Peanut butter is tasty and good. Make room and enjoy it.