What is your take on peanut butter?

Replies

• greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Jif Whips, they blow air in it or something so it tastes like your getting the same amount at half the calories...Everyonce in a while you splurge and frankly if I work it into my calorie intake for the day so be it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I love it, but I only eat it when I have a ton of extra calories left at the end of the day. I do eat PB2 often.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Awesome source of protein and fat...I have lately become ADDICTED to Jif natural crunchy peanut butter. I scoop 1 tablespoon and eat plain pre-workout usually, and 1 tablespoon at night before bed with my casein. I'm drooling right now just thinking about it...
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Peanut butter is my favorite food in the entire universe.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    I love peanut butter. I make it at home with roasted peanuts, I prefer crunchy texture, so I make it little crunchy.
  • Tffanie4712
    Tffanie4712 Posts: 115
    Oh pb let me count the ways how I love it!!!! Its my favorite food. My opinion I don't think it's bad eat it in moderation. I eat the natural more vegan peanut butter.It works really well when you have that craving for something sweet. Excellent in a vanilla protein shake.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I think it's important to eat a variety of foods. Chicken and fish are great, but there's nothing wrong with mixing it up with a little peanut butter if you like it.

For example, I used to make my own granola for breakfast, which had every nut and seed available in there. Now I make trail mix for a snack which has certain nuts and seeds. I eat the other items either as a snack or in my granola. No need to eat all manners of healthy food for every meal.

I mix peanut butter with protein powder and melt chocolate with 70% cacao powder for a snack. Chicken and fish are more lunch/dinner type items.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    My take is that if you enjoy it just weigh out your portion and enjoy it.

I don't eat a ton of it because it is calorie dense, but I love chocolate peanut butter cup Talenti (gelato) and I put 16 grams of peanut butter in my greek yogurt sometimes.

I have that gelato in the freezer at work, and I've been eating it one big spoonful at a time (weighed out). :bigsmile: As long as I remember to bring my apples to work, I have one every day with about 14-16 g of peanut butter on them. I would never want to give up my peanut butter.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I eat peanut butter. Not daily, but fairly regularly. I typically have it on pancakes, waffles or mixed with oats or as a dip for carrots and celery. Occasionally I'll have a pb&j sandwich. I've never tried PB2, I just eat the stuff from my local gorcery store.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Peanut Butter is muy bien!
  • I love PB2 its not as many calories and I mix it in my vanilla greek yogurt, that combination is awesome. You can find PB2 all over the place and its not too expensive. Regular Peanut Butter is okay but not the best for protein source.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    I like it on my dark chocolate personally...

QFT!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Can we get some peanut butter gifs up in here already???
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Peanut butter is disgusting IMHO. Have always hated it.

Also, your "regular" PB (such as Skippy and Jif) are going to have a lot of things that are not peanuts...and many people who like regular PB really dislike natural peanut butter...which means that what they like about regular PB isn't the peanuts, but the added sweeteners/oils...
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    peanut butter is god's gift to us humans.

I love it by the spoonful and sometimes my love for it gets out of hand. I had to ban myself from it for a couple months.. then somehow it found its way back into my pantry.
    I try my hardest to stay away from it.. but now i've found almond butter.. which is even better.

*drools*... everything in moderation!

DITTO!! If you love it, eat it!
  • katrat13
    katrat13 Posts: 7 Member
    I eat better'n peanut butter. It has half the calories and less fat. Plus, it is still pretty yummy!
  • In my opinion, Peanut Butter is fine to have. You can over eat anything, even lettuce, so if you are sticking to one serving here and there with some fruit, you're golden.
  • After reading this thread...now I want peanut butter! So so yummy and one of my favourite things..with chocolate of course.lol
  • susanrose73
    susanrose73 Posts: 22 Member
    Nothing tastes better than a spoonful of freshly opened skippy!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Eat it every single day
    will not give it up. 1 tbl on a slice of toast or rice cake.