What is your take on peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A few years back I ate peanut butter as my snack everyday in between my meals. I would just have a little bit on some graham crackers and I lost 40 lbs in 4 months while enjoying every bite. :) YES TO PB!
  • jennifercriley1
    jennifercriley1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

This!!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Fat is good for us 40 something women...keeps our hormones regulated. So eat the peanut butter!!!!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is delicious nectar of the gods

This!! Peanut butter is love in a jar!! And I could never part with that!!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Regular creamy Jif is the only way to go for me! YUM!!!!!

I don't have it every day... but I don't think there's anything wrong with having it every day. I usually eat it with carrots, apples, or bananas. Occasionally I'll eat it on an English muffin. I usually only eat one tablespoon per serving, as I find that's enough for me. That way, the stats really aren't too bad at all IMO (for my macros, calories, etc).
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I will take peanut butter on just about anything. :D
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is awesome. I could eat it all day every day. Soooo goood....

Peanut-Butter-and-Jelly-Time-Family-Guy.gif
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key, right?

I have it with fruit, in smoothies, by the tablespoon....

Aussies - Sanitarium's no added sugar or salt isn't too bad!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter goes great with anything chocolate. It also makes an amazing cookie. It's also fantastic when you melt it and pour it on things, like bread/toast, waffles, etc. Inject it into some cupcakes. Make a buttercream frosting with it.

What could possibly go wrong?That's my take on peanut butter.

What could possibly go wrong? what could possibly go wrong?

I could find myself in the middle of the night standing in the kitchen in just my drawers with a jar of peanut butter in one hand, a spoon in the other, and a mouth full of regret.

PB2 is great for adding peanut butter flavor to recipes, but on its own, it pretty much sucks.
  • sunshine4040
    sunshine4040 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat it on celery and apples....but I don't use the full serving. I smear it on until you can just get the taste and it curbs my craving for it. It ends up being like a half serving or less. LOVE IT.
  • sillyshamrock11
    sillyshamrock11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

^THIS!!! It's the greatest thing ever! Tastes just like PB, without the guilt! :happy: :love:

10502468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stantona81
    Options
    My take on peanut butter - That depends. Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    I think that I'm the only human on earth who hates Peanut butter! I can eat a Reese's cup, but not just straight peanut butter yuk! Other than that I think that its a healthy fat source.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You ever see what happens when you give a dog peanut butter? I do the same.
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use the "all natural" kind and I find that a couple of teaspoons is plenty for toast which is my breakfast on most days.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I het trader joes all nat peanut butter less sugar

I eat 1 Tbs as a treat that is 95 calories I sometimes putin the blender with ice protein powder and almond milk to make ice cream

Nuts are compact nutrient rich food

just dont over indulge
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think that I'm the only human on earth who hates Peanut butter! I can eat a Reese's cup, but not just straight peanut butter yuk! Other than that I think that its a healthy fat source.

This may be the only thing on which you and I agree.

Well, I mean, the first two sentences. I'm pretty sure I disagree with your last sentence (insofar as it applies to regular peanut butter)...

...but two out of three ain't bad!
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    PB2! 45 cal. for 2 tbs. no fat!!! yum to the max. without guilt!! i found it at Walmart in little rock,arkansas
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is delicious nectar of the gods

This
  • jaetiu
    jaetiu Posts: 3
    Options
    great for bulking.

calories / protein / fat / dietary fiber

in my experience for cutting i don't have the discipline to just eat 2 tablespoons. way too many calories and the satiety of peanut butter isn't all that great. haha.