What is your take on peanut butter?

Replies

• MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    PB is soo efffing good, almond butter too.

Both great for putting on muscle if you're lifting heavy.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    unless you are allergic to it, its all good stuff in moderation, go for it!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    I would rather cut off my own arm then give up my peanut butter. That stuff is the *kitten*.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    I have been having a craving for peanut butter and cringe at the caloric number. I have been eating it though with a banana or an apple taking really good care at the amount. I prefer natural, but I am still a fan of Skippy, but at 190 calories for 2 tbls, I don't know. I hear good things and bad things about PB and am afraid to waste so many calories when I can have a good piece of steak or chicken.
    I eat Skippy natural peanut butter. You're NOT wasting calories with peanut butter. Source of good fats and moderate protein.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    After the gods gave fire to man they gave peanut butter to us, it was good and all was right with the world. Then they gave us woman and we haven’t had a second of peace since! ;-) (I kid…) Seriously though everything in moderation, since starting MFP the first week of January I have continued to eat one to two tablespoons of PB a night with a tall glass of milk and I have lost 18 pounds to date. Use your food log and just stay within your macro’s and you’ll be fine.
    I will also do extra sets in the gym just to give me the room for any extra treats, which is usually PB.
    I hope I didn’t offend anybody with my little joke.
    V/r,
    DW
  • jennafer32
    jennafer32 Posts: 40 Member
    I f*ckn love peanut butter!!! I've lost 41lbs and have eaten it almost every day so as long as you are aware of what an actual tbsp or two is then your fine and pairing with celery (did that today) or apple or rice cake then awesome snack full of protein! I personally think PB2 takes like crap when u mix with water I prefer in a shake.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    P28 white chocolate PB is the BEST choice!!
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Peanut Butter is great. It may have a lot of calories but at least it has protein. As long as you can work it into your daily allowance I don't see why you can't have it.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I love peanut butter. It's such a shame because it's so high in calorie. I can't really control myself with it. So I try to stick with PB2. I go through that stuff like gangbusters.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    PB2! 45 cal. for 2 tbs. no fat!!! yum to the max. without guilt!! i found it at Walmart in little rock,arkansas

You mean defatted peanut flour???

ACK!

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

(But seriously, what did they used to do with this stuff leftover from making peanut oil before they realized they could package it and sell it for human consumption?)
  • DWBalboa
    Try Skippy Natural or Great Value (Walmart) Natural neither require refrigeration and neither have hydrogenated oils, which I hear say “they ain’t no good for ya!”
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Peanut butter is delicious. Skippy Natural is also a relatively clean food - the only ingredients are peanuts, oil, salt and sugar.

The added sugar is probably the worst part of it. Peanuts are high in protein and a delicious source of dietary fat.

I know people on calorie-restrictive diets swear by PB2. I liked it better when I NEEDED to eat it to get any peanut butter (1200cal starvation diet) but it's still good for making yummy peanut butter protein shakes and would go well in baked goods too.
  • DWBalboa
    Peanut butter is delicious nectar of the gods

Amen sister!!!
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    I agree, PB2 is delicious. Along with a little water, I add a tsp of olive oil to it to get some of the good fats back, and a small drizzle of honey. It still comes out to way less calories than regular peanut butter.
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    YUM YUM YUM! My take....
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    I switched from peanut butter to natural almond butter. Costco carries it where I live at a reasonable price. Lately I've been using it to increase my fat amounts. I'm starting to see that eating enough healthy fats (meeting my macros) is really making a difference in not stalling in weight. We'll see if that continues to be the case : )
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    So. Damn. True.

I go through family sized jars of this shiz. And no, I am not a fan of natural, PB2, or whatever. Kraft creamy is where it's at and I always make at least 3tbsps a day fit into my macros! :love:
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Walmart is carrying PB2 in both flavors now for about $5 a jar. I think its worth it at 45 calories per 2 TBSP.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member

Seconded.

Third-ed.

Fourth-ed-ed?? I love the stuff...eat it every night with some dark chocolate as a snack. It fits in my macros so I got for it :-)

Fifth-ed? Extra crunchy is the best. Love love love it. My dog loves it too. Gotta have it every day!
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    PB2 is great for mixing into protein shakes but it is not peanut butter. I'm an addict of peanut butter. I put it in oatmeal, eat it with a fudgecicle, on apple slices for the most part, and oh, peanut butter and jelly when I get that craving.