Short or long hair?

Options

Replies

• kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What part of the body are we talking about??

:laugh: :blushing: :laugh:
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    long hair that can just cover the nipples!
    Mine does that! :drinker:

checking photos now lol :-)
  • Red_Vixen14
    Options
    long hair looks good on some men
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    long hair on a woman unless they are petite. then short hair rocks (think Audrey Hepburn)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I look like crap with long hair. I have a pixie cut, and it looks fantastic on me.

I like my husband's hair very short (military).

Pretty much this. I'm considering growing out my hair but I generally prefer it short & feel that will always be my default or "go to" look.

It is a case by case basis though for me. Some men/women look better with long hair, others short. I think MOST men look best with short but that is just my preference.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I used to only like a woman with long hair. I actually ended a relationship with a woman that cut her hair. It was only three weeks into dating so it wasn't serious. Now, if she is attractive to me it doesn't matter long or short.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    long hair on a woman unless they are petite. then short hair rocks (think Audrey Hepburn)

She was 5'7"

You have a skewed view of "petite" it seems.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Woman: LONG HAIR.

Very, very, very few women can pull off short hair. Sorry ladies who think it's "cute"...it's really not. Even if you do look decent with it, I can bet you 99% of the time, you'd look BETTER with long hair.

Truth.

He's right. And this is only MY opinion. I had short hair once when I was fit. It was adorable and it really showed my face. BUT, it's still very androgynous. Now, on heavier women who are not over 60 or 70, it does not look good. Once again, MY OPINION, but it's like you're giving up.

If you are really cute and young and can get away with it, then do it. But I agree that VERY FEW WOMEN can pull it off. And on the long end, if you are going to have it long, make sure it flatters your face. Sometimes it just looks limp and it makes your face look long and sallow.

I have thick, curly hair and it looks better long (expecially when I take care of it). But when I blow it straight, I like it for a minute, but it really doesn't flatter me the way my natural hair does.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    hair isn't a big deal to me. I'd rather see a big smile.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Woman: LONG HAIR.

Very, very, very few women can pull off short hair. Sorry ladies who think it's "cute"...it's really not. Even if you do look decent with it, I can bet you 99% of the time, you'd look BETTER with long hair.

Truth.

That's not "truth." It's a stereotypical generalization.

It's sort of like saying only women should be gingers because red hair looks like crap on men.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pull short hair...

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    when younger was long in men but now short or just shaved stubble drives me mad lol
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pull short hair...

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

That's what collars are for.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Women: I like to see long hair, yay! :smile:

For me, I like to keep it at USAF grooming standards (no sideburns, ugh!)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I personally like the look of long hair on women, but I think it also depends on the age. Long hair on older women isn't always flattering. Some can rock it, some can't.

For the men....very short hair or bald is where it's at...but that's just my personal opinion. :wink:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    what i like is secondary (to me) to what makes someone comfortable. i prefer above all else that anyone be comfortable with him-/herself. if that turns out to be a haircut i despise (e.g. hitler youth style--tru story), well, i'm a grown-up. i can deal.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I look like crap with long hair. I have a pixie cut, and it looks fantastic on me.

Me too girl! Why everyone hating on the short pixie on women? I agree that not everyone can pull it off, but I look terrible with longer hair. I went from short to long for a short time and felt like my facial features were always hidden and it made me look older.

Anyway, everyone has an opinion and their own likes and dislikes. I like short hair on ME.
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I mostly attracted to guys with long hair, I still like long hair on some guys, but I like both short and long hair on guys now, and completely bald is sexy too. So, really it hair doesn't matter as much as the face and body.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    On women I am ok with both. Some women look better with short hair, some look better with long hair.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    For me, I would love to have long hair. I think it's gorgeous!! But mine is nowhere near gorgeous when grown out and I can't do anything with it to help it. I recently had my hair cut to shoulder length and my husbands exact words were, "Foxy!"

So for women, whatever they can pull off. Really, some women look great with pixie cuts.

I prefer short hair for men. My hubby has to keep his cut. Works for me.