• climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Short hair on girls I love. so spicy
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Options
    I like my men bald & bearded, unless you are Zakk Wylde :blushing:

I prefer long hair on myself. I recently cut it from waist length to a bob above my shoulders to donate & I am already over it. I don't feel as attractive.

Just my opinion.
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    Options
    For the men....very short hair or bald is where it's at...but that's just my personal opinion. :wink:
    [/quote]

I'm lovin all this love for the bald and/or shaved:heart:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ya know what's fun with short hair? Different styles. I've probably had 10+ different styles in the last few years (including a very short pixie). With long hair you have long, one length, long with layers, long with bangs, and 'um, that's pretty much it, well except you still get pony tails and stuff too. Honestly I like variety. I like to change my hair often. Its been a bunch of different lengths and even colors. If I kept it long just because "men like it" I would get very bored with it. It's like an attached accessory. Would you wear the same necklace your entire life? The same purse? Same earrings?

I giggled at this a little since I said basically this same thing about long hair. I'm a braid person though, so I guess that's why I prefer longer length. I agree with you about doing something just because "men like it" though. My husband actually prefers shorter hair on me, so he gets that every once in a while.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My hair was long, blonde and down to my waist until December 2012 when I had it cut short into a cute pixie crop a la Michelle Williams. I donated my 10 inch plait to charity (making wigs for children with cancer) and felt absolutely fantastic.

I'm growing it out now cos I got bored and the regular trims got too expensive once I moved to the Big City. But people still constantly tell me that they loved me with short hair.

I actually met my current, lovely boyfriend when I had short hair. He loved it.

I like having long hair, and I'm excited to grow it again and be able to play around and do different styles with it. But really, when my hair was long, the only comment I used to get was: wow you're hair is so long! ORIGINAL. Not. I also used to hide behind it a lot.

With short hair, people noticed my face more. They focused on my eyes and my cheekbones and my personality rather than my impressive lion's mane. Scary at first but after a few weeks? I felt fun and flirty and cute and cheeky... did I mention fun? I got a LOT of guys' numbers on nights out during my pixie days! :)

I'll definitely go back to it in a few years time.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I like my men bald & bearded, unless you are Zakk Wylde :blushing:

I prefer long hair on myself. I recently cut it from waist length to a bob above my shoulders to donate & I am already over it. I don't feel as attractive.

Just my opinion.

bald? check
    bearded? check
    not Zakk Wylde? check
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I suppose I love longer hair on women, but as long as she is happy and looks good I am quite okay with either.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Just my opinion.

I think as well, it's about finding the RIGHT short hair style. I had a bob when I was younger and HATED it. It took me 10 years to get confident enough to cut it again (beside split end trims etc). And then I went cold turkey and just chopped it ALL off because I wanted to look like Carey Mulligan. Could have been another disaster, but actually it suited me really well (luckily!)

The growing-out phase has sometimes been a nightmare. Some lengths suit me more than others. When it's this short, even an inch can make SUCH a difference!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't trust women with short hair, not after Nina Myers.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Woman: LONG HAIR.

Very, very, very few women can pull off short hair. Sorry ladies who think it's "cute"...it's really not. Even if you do look decent with it, I can bet you 99% of the time, you'd look BETTER with long hair.

Truth.

FACT: Saying "truth" doesn't make it true. these are all opinions.

(^^saying "fact" doesn't make something a fact either, that's why that's funny)

In my opinion, a woman who can pull of a pixie cut is so incredibly sexy. Because, I think most women can pull off long hair. I have never heard someone say "you look bad with long hair." It just doesn't seem to happen.

so if a woman can pull off a pixie cut it makes it rare - and i think it says something about her confidence - because not many women would take that step to cut it so short.

You got it!

Unfortunately, I was told I would be more "approachable" with long hair as people thought I was intimidating (I also happen to be 6ft tall) with the short hair. I did grow it shoulder lenght and landed a job instantly. Coincidence? Anyway, I'll struggle through 2 more years of long hair and then I'll go back to the pixie I am at heart. All that blow drying, ironing and curling is just not my thing. Besides, the short cut makes me look at least 10 years younger!
  • wolverine66
    Options
    I don't trust women with short hair, not after Nina Myers.

Now that I think about it, terri had short hair too. Jack must have had a thing for pixie cuts like I do.

oh my.... am i jack bauer?

beep boop beep boop beep boop
  • glamourousdez
    Options
    like long hair on women and short.....very short on men:love:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    On a man.....military or bald

On women, subjective to one's taste and/or preference.

I once had shoulder length hair and I looked rather old with it. I took the plunge and prefer short for myself. I am bald right now and wear it well.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Very short on my man!
    And I've always had long hair, donated to Locks Of Love once, but def a long hair gal!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    men with extremely long hair

women with long hair, medium hair , sorta short hair, short hair, bald
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I normally like men with short hair , but then theres Jared leto. Sigh
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by "short" hair. Mine's shortish to medium - usually between the just-below-chin to shoulder length. I like it long enough that I can still pull it back but it doesn't require as much maintenance as long does...and long requires a LOT of maintenance!
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of long hair on a man, short or bald is fine with me. I always want to grow my hair as long as possible, then I get fed up and chop it all off. I'm trying my hardest to keep letting it grow now :smile:
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I tend to prefer long hair on both men and women, but I do agree that a good pixie cut on a chick that can pull it off looks awesome. I tried it once and just felt like I looked like a little boy (I'm only five feet tall). Generally my hair is very long, right now it's waist length, mostly because I'm too cheap/lazy to go get a hair cut, haha. I'm really digging the man bun right now, and beards are always a bonus.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    when Jamie Lee Curtis took off that wig in "Trading Places" is there anyone who didn't go "damn, that's hot"?