• fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    I normally like men with short hair , but then theres Jared leto. Sigh

THIS. Also Johnny Depp.

I'm with you on that girl. Johnny Depp looks great whatever hair he has
  • Guess
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I prefer long hair, but hair length is not a deal breaker and definitley not the most important thing I am looking for in a woman.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    I like my hair medium-longish.

On men?...Um, I just like men. It just depends on the man I guess.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Woman: LONG HAIR.

Very, very, very few women can pull off short hair. Sorry ladies who think it's "cute"...it's really not. Even if you do look decent with it, I can bet you 99% of the time, you'd look BETTER with long hair.

Truth.

That's not "truth." It's a stereotypical generalization.

Nope, it's actually scientifically based. We talked about this in our anthropology class at my university, and I wish like heck I still had the notes from that class...

I'm not talking about what YOU think looks best on you, I'm talking about letting an unknown group of men look at two pictures of the same woman with short and longer hair. This is not to say she looks "bad" with short hair, just that she will comparatively look BETTER with longer hair. Evolutionary characteristics ensure that long hair is going to win out. There will be "some" who like it shorter, but the male gender will overwhelmingly choose the longer haired version of the same woman.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member

Very, very, very few women can pull off short hair. Sorry ladies who think it's "cute"...it's really not. Even if you do look decent with it, I can bet you 99% of the time, you'd look BETTER with long hair.

Truth.

Nope, it's actually scientifically based. We talked about this in our anthropology class at my university, and I wish like heck I still had the notes from that class...

I'm not talking about what YOU think looks best on you, I'm talking about letting an unknown group of men look at two pictures of the same woman with short and longer hair. This is not to say she looks "bad" with short hair, just that she will comparatively look BETTER with longer hair. Evolutionary characteristics ensure that long hair is going to win out. There will be "some" who like it shorter, but the male gender will overwhelmingly choose the longer haired version of the same woman.

I would like a link to this scientific study. This makes me quite curious, but I cannot seem to locate it inside the Google machine.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

Truth.

In this instance the preference of the men is dictated by societal trends NOT evolutionary benefit. Big hips, big boobs = better mother. THIS is evolutionary. NOT hair length.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    long hair looks good on some men

I like to think so, my wife would argue.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    http://www.beautyworldnews.com/articles/6719/20131119/try-the-trend-the-man-bun-twitter-harry-styles-david-beckham-leonardo-dicaprio-jake-gyllenhaal.htm

I was going to upload a picture but this is easier lol and there's a whole slideshow of good looking guys with long hair for anyone who might be interested
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    I'm initially attracted to guys with short hair...but it really depends upon the guy. I can appreciate all lengths on women...it really depends upon face shape as for what may look best on that woman. As for myself...I think I look best with a chin length or longer cut. I'm currently growing it out so it's more one length and just past the boobs. We'll see how it looks in 6-8 months. :bigsmile: My profile pic is a couple years old...need to update it but hate my pics I take!! My hair is about 2 inches from my boobs now, lol.
  • Hare hair
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Either works for me.
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Good topic! I've been thinking about cutting mine...I like both
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I like long or short or medium hair. I also like the androgynous look, or very feminine, or very masculine. I like people that are confident, but also not afraid to be vulnerable.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Either bald or short brown/black hair, preferably with brown eyes. :love:
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    I prefer short hair. And a military cut is even better :love:
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    I like long hair on a women, especially when it falls over my face..very sexy
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    I like long hair on a women, especially when it falls over my face..very sexy
    That can be arraigned :wink:
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Either or! Whatever best suits the individual. As long as it looks like some effort's put in once in a while, it's all the same to me!