OCTOBER 2010 JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CHALLENGE

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I'd like to take measurements, but not sure if I will. I'll try to take them Wednesday night before I start the slimdown.
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Shannon....FYI I strongly suggest you take measurements. When the scale didn't want to move for me, the tape measure always gave me positive information. Had I not done that, I would've thrown in the towel!!

Ladies, what about Jillian's Yoga Meltdown, flexibility is always a good component to any routine and the calorie burn is there since it's power yoga. And Jillian's newest DVD is off the hook!!

I would have joined you all but I'm in the middle of another program! Have fun and always make YOU a priority!!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    I'd like to take measurements, but not sure if I will. I'll try to take them Wednesday night before I start the slimdown.

Another thing Shannon, try and take measurements in the morning and make sure both feet are together!

I'm excited for all of you! You will all do well!!
  • nehtaeh

Another thing Shannon, try and take measurements in the morning and make sure both feet are together!

I'm excited for all of you! You will all do well!!

I would, but I'm waay less likely to do that than doing it at night. I have little time in the morning, but can make time at night. I don't own a soft tape measure so it does take a bit of work.

I do understand the importance of the measurements. I have done the shred a couple times and the scale didn't move. I didn't take measurements, but I could feel that I was more toned. The place that was the best and most surprising was my lower back muscles. It is amazing the transformation that you can get.

I have the yoga meltdown and do love it. Maybe replacing one of the levels of shred with that would be ok and a similar calorie burn. Or maybe just add it on top of a workout if its just a level of shred or something. I'm interested in Jillian's new dvd as well...maybe in the future I'll get it (most likely).
  • anitadj
    anitadj Posts: 2 Member
    Just signed up to mfp and thinking about the challenge. What size weights and where can a I get the dvds??:
  • in the mean time while we are waiting for October to get here let's do a pre-challenge just copy and paste the following format and answer them. Let's see how much we can lose by October 1st

NAME: JESSICA

CITY/STATE: MONROE LA

CURRENT WEIGHT: 170

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: MYFITNESSPAL CALORIE COUNTING

EXERCISE PROGRAM:WALKING 4 NOW
  • I will give this a try.. I am not sure if I will be able to get the other dvd's.. I have the 30 day shred one.. I'll see what I cn do..

NAME: Nadia

CITY/STATE: Nashville, TN

CURRENT WEIGHT: 173

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: Watching my calories & carbs everyday.

EXERCISE PROGRAM: 30 cardio in the am before I eat, go to the gym 5 days a week for weight training & another 30-40 min's of cardio, Run 2-3 times per week for 3 miles
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    I think I want to try this. Where can I find these DVD's?
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Apparently these are not out yet in UK, have just looked in amazon, out in october!
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Wish I could join but this is a lot of DVDs for me!

Gluck everyone!!!
  • nehtaeh
    I bought them all at Target, not together. I think last I looked they were $9.04 apiece.

I use 3 pound weights, but you can use more or less depending on what you need or can do.

If you have on demand on cable, most of the workouts can be found there I'm told...I don't really know, I don't have on demand.
  • Sounds like a good goal. I'm in as of 10/1/10. Best of luck to all!
  • anitadj
    anitadj Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you!!
  • I'm in. I'm currently doing 2 of 3 but still on Lvl 1 of 30DS and D1 of NMTZ. I have to go out and get dvd #3.

NAME: Amanda

CITY/STATE: Harford County, MD

CURRENT WEIGHT: 149

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: Counting calories

EXERCISE PROGRAM: 30DS, NMTZ, treadmill.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    I have all 3 but have only tried the shred... Sounds like a good challenge!!
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Thanks. I will check Target before the 1st of October.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    I'm in!!
    Ellicott City MD
    current weight 155
    goal weight 140
    nutritional program: old fashioned calorie counting
    fitness: long distance running training
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    If you can't find them in a store, get the DVDs on Amazon or something. Not out in the UK, no, but coming out a few days into the challenge.. Luckily my mom had them, so I had a way to get them, although they are a little squashed on our TV. I don't mind. That Jillian is a beast and I can't wait to do the workouts! Maybe if nothing else, we can do before/after pictures. It would be a good indication of how much we're toning up, if we can't measure, but I'm still going to measure myself (and maybe do before/after pictures so I don't get discouraged). My weights are 1 kg, which is just over 2 pounds, I think, and I am wishing I had gotten the 1 pound weights because when I did my practice run with part 1 of 30-day shred I thought my arms were going to fall off! It will be worth it though.
  • I am game for the november one :) I am currently doing the 30 day shred and I wont finish until the end of October. I was actually planning on doing the 30 Day Slim Down after 30DS so I am super happy to see other people doing it too :)
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks for setting this up! I printed up the "calendar" and I'll post it in my bedroom for motivation!

NAME: Claudia

CITY/STATE: Chicago

CURRENT WEIGHT: 209

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: 1,200 cal/day.

EXERCISE PROGRAM: Walking/Jogging 3-4 days a week
This discussion has been closed.