OCTOBER 2010 JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CHALLENGE

Replies

• briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Hi, hope everyone had a great weekend! I've done my first 3 days of the challenge. NMTZ was tough! I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be though :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    NMTZ was hard for me too! I am pretty sore but 30DS L1 was a breeze in comparison. It was over so quickly, I almost felt bad about not doing more, until I moved and every muscle in my body groaned at me. On the bright side, there are no weights in BFBM, just a whole lot of cardio, so I'm looking forward to that. Hope you get to feeling better, kristi223. Don't make yourself any worse!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    I think BFBM is the worst. I think that is the workout Jillian made after being up for four hours on red bull. INSANE!
  • briteyes
    i am doing BFBM tonight - i've never done it before, but I consider myself to be in fairly decent shape when it comes to aerobic exercise due to my running background. at any given moment in time (unless sick) i can get up and run 3 miles with little effort, even if i haven't been running in several months. it's the strength training that kills me! so i'm looking forward to tonight and really hope it kills me just as bad as the other NMTZ. i think i'm upping 30DS to Level 2/3 because Level 1 really is pretty easy.
  • ickybella
    I can't wait to try BFBM tomorrow. I actually got my husband to do level 1 tonight. Didn't think he was going to make it through, but I told him (in advance) that some people quit part of the way into it and he made fun, so I think that, and the fact that I was watching him, were the only reasons he stayed with it. I made a deal with him that if he does it every night, just the 30-day shred, that I'd do it too, after my regular workout. I'm starting to think it was a mistake! Wish me luck.

And good luck tomorrow, everyone. It's a big one.
  • Bella - Good luck with the Shred! It's always more fun to do it with someone, and it makes me try harder so I don't end up looking like the wussy one. :P
    I'm definitely a little nervous for BFBM tomorrow, I've tried it a few times but I've never made it past the 5th circuit. And that's with a lot of cheating. My goal is going to be 3 circuits sans cheating, and I'm hoping that I can make it through all of it by the end of the month!
  • briteyes
    oops,, i did bfbm tonight, instead of tomorrow! i got a day ahead of myself...lol... i won't spoil the surprise for those of you that have never done it before. it was my first time tonight.... if i were to do just that for the next 30 days, i know i'd see results. but i'm sure glad we aren't doing 30 days of it....LOL

Bella, good for you getting your husband on board! good luck w/ that!
  • ickybella
    Thanks, ladies! We'll see if he sticks to it tonight. I love when we get a little competitive, but I'm not sure I can handle working out so much. Why did I do this to myself? Anyhoo, off to do BFBM. I really like the way it looks, but I'll probably be hating her during the workout. Good luck with the big one everybody.
  • briteyes
    ok, so i swapped out the rest day from Thursday to last night (Tuesdays)... it is almost impossible to do my workouts on Tuesdays, because i work all day, pick up the kids, cook dinner, head to Bible study, get home at 9 pm, tuck the kids in bed... i do not want to start working out that late - i'd rather hang out with my hubby and do a workout on Thursday when I actually have nothing going on...
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Jillian Michaels new DVD Kettlebell Shred is an awesome workout!!!
  • ickybella
    I'm still using today for the rest day, but I'm not sure if I'll actually rest. I'll probably work out with my husband tonight. It's going to be a challenging weekend as a couple of his uncles are in town and I got the feeling yesterday, when I saw her, that his mother is making gallettes for dinner Sunday. Plus, she wants to go into London tomorrow, which will, no doubt, involve going out to eat, but I think we are going to stay home as we already had some other things planned. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'll check back in then. Hope everyone is having fun (or at least surviving) with Jillian!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    today since it's my day off from work i'm going to catch up on some jillian michaels 30 day slim down i missed such as yesterday the no more trouble zones x 2 pretty much i want to make this day a last chance workout...ONE OF THEM...LOL
  • briteyes
    Bella, If i could've kept today as my rest day I was planning on working out on the Treadclimber. I need my exercise calories!!!

I did 30DS Level 1 last night (should've been Monday's workout, but i got all switched around this week). I felt so much stronger and wasn't nearly as worn out as I was just a couple of days ago! I think I might be bumping up to Level 2 very soon... although Level 1 sure does seem refreshing right now :D
  • briteyes
    ok, so how did everyone like BFBM???

I was just peeking ahead and saw this:

OCTOBER 28: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

No freaking way!!! I hope that by then my endurance is enough to get me through all that!!!
  • kizzy_muss
    about an hour ago i finished the quick no more trouble zones...here in a few mins i will be doing it again since i missed a day of it so far...and i'll be up to date on the quick no more trouble zones...
  • kizzy_muss
    im now up to date on the quick trouble zones of jillian michaels this month now all i have to work on is the 30 day shred level 1 today and i'll be up to date for this month
  • briteyes
    good for you, Kizzy! I'll be caught up tonight. I have to do the NMTZ... i was just going to do the full version, but now see it's QTZ... i was researching it to see how I go about doing that, and it looks like it's just the first 4 circuits on the DVD (dropping off the floor work) and it's only one time through each circuit for a total of 24 minutes.

For those of you doing QTZ, how are you doing it? Do you have it on On Demand, or are you just going to fast-forward through the 2nd round of each circuit?
  • ickybella
    Great job, Kizzy! That's determination. I'm doing the full NMTZ so I can't help you there, but I will say that BFBM is mean. I was sweating into my eyes that day, lol. My husband and I are doing level 1 of 30DS after this movie we're watching is over and I jogged with the wii plus did hula hoop earlier today. So much for my rest day. Still, Jillian is an evil genius and I love/hate her.
  • ickybella
    ok, so how did everyone like BFBM???

I was just peeking ahead and saw this:

OCTOBER 28: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

No freaking way!!! I hope that by then my endurance is enough to get me through all that!!!

I have to wash my hair that day, the whole day, or something. :)
  • kizzy_muss
    i have it ON DEMAND
This discussion has been closed.