What's your favorite COMPLIMENT since starting?

Options

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law told me my face looked thinner. Growing up I always had somewhat chubby cheeks, so this compliment was welcomed with open arms!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    At the gym I was doing weights and these two ladies (about 10-15 years younger than me) told me they were impressed by how strong I was. I think it was a compliment since they were telling me I was "super strong," so I'm taking it as a compliment. The alternative is that they were surprised I could lift so much, considering how scrawny I look!!! :laugh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    A guy in the grocery store told me I have a runner's butt and legs when we were talking about an upcoming 5K. They are actually more of a squatting, dead lifting butt and legs, but I' ll take it! :smile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I opened the door to the stairway, startling the woman on the other side of the door as she reached for the handle.
    A second woman was just reaching the top of the stairway coming from the floor below.
    Woman #1 looked at Woman #2 (stair-climber) and said “Good for you, climbing the stairs!”
    “Yeah I’m trying to climb them more often,” said woman #2, “because I want to look like her!” (as she pointed at me!)

Oh, that's crazy awesome! :drinker:
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need to update my photo, but my favorite compliment thus far came from my daughter who told me that I looked "normal" now. That meant so much because no longer need I feel like the fattest woman in the room, or endure the looks on peoples faces who are wondering if a chair will hold me, or wear something not because I like it but because I can get it on, normal means not standing out as an oddity.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My dad (who is also my boss) told me at work the other day that I look tiny. Felt great to hear that my changes can be seen.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me he couldn't stop staring at my body. It made me feel things :devil:
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    the one that meant the most was just someone who I have great admiration for believing in me and pushing me to take things to the next level but to do it my way.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Was visiting two different gym on vacation, each time someone came up to me and asked "how'd you get so strong?"
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A co-worker who had not seen me for two weeks told me I was looking thin! At a size 12/14 (not) but I will take cause I am no longer a 14W/16W. :love:
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm coming up to the 50lb loss mark and haven't gotten anything yet. Yay. :)
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Backhanded compliments from both my bf and my mother:

Mom "Are you losing weight? Your *kitten* doesn't look at wide."
    BF "I can tell you're losing weight because you don't have love handles anymore"
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    my favourite it when people tell me that they thought I was much younger. It's my favourite because I get it a lot, so I think there may be some truth in it.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I no longer look like a heart attack waiting to happen.
  • crapiburnedmywaffles
    Options
    My favourite compliment, well it really wasn't a compliment. I was buying salmon and when i picked the piece i wanted the guy was like "there is no way you can eat all that" I loved it. He has no idea of how much I can actually consume.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Being referred to an athlete by two different doctors. I looked around like "who me?".
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much yet, but a girl who is known as a beautiful, thin, healthy girl who is popular with everyone everywhere she goes randomly facebooked me (we aren't really more than acquaintances in real life) telling me not to give up, that there is a significant difference with how I look even if the scales aren't budging much. I was so happy show told me that! I am on very slow loss (5kg in 8 months) but that made me feel like I shouldn't give up, that I am doing the right thing and that my body is thanking me for it!
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Several people have told me that I have inspired them to start their own weight loss journey. That means a lot to me. Of course it feels great when people say how good I am looking, but those words "you inspire me" make me want to set a good example every day!
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    that I am super cute and handsome
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    My little brother telling me that he is going to kick my *kitten* if I lose more weight. :-)