What's your favorite COMPLIMENT since starting?

Options
12346»

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, you're a mom?!? I adore that one.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    when my daughter told me I was her inspiration to seriously start her own healthy eating and diet plan. that really got to me and hit home that I had made a real difference for myself and my daughter now feels she can do it too. she'll have the chance to be healthy much earlier in her life than I did ... warms my heart.
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i announced on fb to family and close friends i had lost another stone this month .. my hubby and his brother announced how they lose a stone every morning when they take a *kitten*.. and my daughters called me skinny and a cousin in s.africa is a few months older was still p!st with me because she thought id finally get my wrinkles when i lost the weight haha but she said i looked amazing even thought im still quite fat compared to her :P

thats as close i get to compliments :P
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    On telling my boyfriend I've lost 3kgs in 3 weeks as of this morning (with 11kgs to go):

"That's nice"

I was literally blown away by the enthusiasm ;-)

This totally made me smile :)
  • marilu1727
    Options
    I've been going to the same gym since I started this healthy lifestyle thing in August. I usually have Saturdays off but I went in two weeks ago cause I missed Friday.

I didn't know the girl at the front counter, usually I'm greeted with really sweet older women who know me and buzz me in so I don't even have to swipe my card.

I swipe my card and the young girl stops me and says I'm not the guy in the picture. I bust out another form of ID and we're both laughing our heads off at the confusion.

I can't know for sure if she really didn't believe I was the same guy. Maybe she was just trying to keep motivate me. In any case, what I do know is this: I've lost a lot of weight, I feel a lot healthier, and I'm just a couple pounds away from my goal.

OMG! This happened to ME! Lol I had been going to the gym at night when the owner wasn't there and one day I went when he was there and I had just started my workout and he came and pulled me over and asked to see me key. So I gave it to him and asked if there was a problem. He went and checked it out and after awhile said no, he just hadn't recognized me from my pciture. LOL that felt nice in a way because my face has changed since I've started losing weight.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I love when people are shocked I've had two kids
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he feels like he has a new wife :blushing:

A client came into the office last week and said they didn't recognize me until I spoke:bigsmile:
    This happened twice last week ( after I left lunch a friend called me to tell me the maintanence person we were speaking to didn't know it was me , and even asked when I started wearing glasses , ha I 've worn glasses since I started working up here)

My Sister in Law asked me for my trainers number because I inspired her :bigsmile:

My mother said I look thin ( she has never been supportive of my weight loss )

just yesterday I was talking about my 19.5 year old daughter and the guy I was talking to said I didn't look old enough to have a 19 year old ( I have a 32 y/o ):drinker:
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    My husband commented the other night, "You really do look a lot slimmer. From the back you can see how your waist goes in a lot."

I've always been an hour glass shape, guess that back fat was hindering it. LOL
  • tradja
    tradja Posts: 11
    Options
    Mine isn't a verbal affirmation of my weigh loss, it's the way my husband looks at me. I just feel wonderful knowing he finds my new thin body so sexy!

This. I didn't set out to lose weight, but to tone up. My wife's is the only opinion I need and it is pretty motivating.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    A lady at the gym today said to me, "Every time I see you, there's less of you to see!"
  • addokai
    addokai Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My husband said I'm disappearing... and I have 10kg more to lose. Did a happy dance!!!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    "You lost one of your chins!"

lmao. I love my mom. :p
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    A new MFPal told me that I had her "dream legs" in one of my after pictures. I have never had anyone's dream anything. :)
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    People think I am a different person. They tell me I don't look the same. People had to ask me who I was at my Aunt Kaye's funeral in 3/13. It was weird. They were not sure who I was. So, some change has occurred.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mine came from my trainer who in an interview said it was such a privledge to work with someone who is so determined and dedicated he has rarely seen someone like me. Wow He is not much with words but his belieing in me has always made me want to do more in gym.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had to conduct some training at a client of mine about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't seen them in 4 months. When the lady met me at the front lobby of the building, the first thing she said was "Holy *kitten*! You look great. Tell me your secret!".
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I got locked out of my apartment on Monday night after going to the gym (damn key must have fallen off my keyring!). My new building manager, so she had me show her my ID to be let in. She looked at the ID, then looked at me, and said "Yep, that's you. You look like you've lost weight, your cheekbones look amazing now!".

The getting locked out situation had me seriously annoyed, so the compliment really lifted my mood!