Replies

• gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm a hugger.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Definitely a hugger! I hug everybody (except at work)!

Just FYI - I could use one!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yes, family and friends only. I am not comfortable with that kind of closeness with acquaintances or someone I've just met.

Something strange about my family however is the hug is just not good enough, a kiss is always required, and on the lips no less. I'm not real comfortable with that but try not kissing your elderly auntie or grandma on the lips when they come in for it, it hurts their feelings. I try to do the cheek thing, or turn a little but they usually get me anyway!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I like trees and all, and I've eaten my share of granola, but no, I wouldn't consider myself a hugger.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Yep! Hugs all around...for everybody!! I'm from KY and that's just how we roll, here, lol.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I hug my kid constantly, but not anyone else much.

this
  • luvmybabeez
    luvmybabeez Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hug everyone that I know. <3
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like hugs. :smile:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Yep! Hugs all around...for everybody!! I'm from KY and that's just how we roll, here, lol.

KY makes all physical contact better.

Yep!! ;-)
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm a hugger, and sometimes a kisser. Growing up, it was perfectly normal to greet or say goodbye to friends and family with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I rarely throw in the kiss anymore since I've moved away from home. It doesn't seem to be the norm around here and can end up awkward.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Hugs are my favorite. I don't get them too often, but I'm always pleased as punch when I do. I'd like to initiate hugs, but I almost never do because I'm afraid of making people mad for getting into their personal space.
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Nope. I will hug but I feel awkward and I think I tense up and make the other person feel awkward. Hahaha!!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a hugger, all my closest friends, and people i know well, it's just how it's done here. sometimes throw in the cheek kiss too if that's how it goes with that person but when I spend time where i grew up, it's not the done thing and it feels weird to not give a hug, awkward. I am a very affectionate person and love human contact, if it's a stranger or an acquaintance i will give a handshake to both men and women. for me it's just too weird getting a hug from a complete stranger.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    Let the record show that I am open to trying new things.

Just don't squeeze me please
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    I love hugging, there are many different types of hugs, sweet, caring, happy, sensual and intimate. It all depends who you are hugging........oh, and you can' t smell bad, can't do that.
  • speeno
    speeno Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No....I only hug my wife, kids and mum.
    (and my bike when no one is looking :laugh: )

P.S. _TastySnoBalls_.... lovin your avetar :laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a hugger and a toucher. I'm very aware if someone isn't comfortable with it though, so I proceed with caution.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am a hugger and gladly give them to those who are receptive. I am mindful of those who are not and deal accordingly.