Are you a hugger?

Replies

• TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Absolutely not. I can't stand being touched and it drives me mad insane that people try to force themselves on me, after I've expressed my dislike of being touched. Sure, I hug and kiss my son, but he's my kid. I shouldn't have to feel guilty about any of this. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    I'm definitely a hugger with my family and close friends. Hugs are just so comforting. I could hug all day.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    allergic
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Definitely a hugger.
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    with ppl I know yes...strangers not so much
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    No, not a hugger. Had my bad experiences with people coming up to me hugging me when they smell of armpit and liquor. That killed it for me. Paws off me or I will be rude.
  • lirirod
    lirirod Posts: 107 Member
    I love hugs!! specially long hugs. One of my pet peeves are awkward hugs, that's when the other person tenses up and I realize that not everyone likes hugs and I have to let go. I'm very affectionate and that makes me a hugger :)
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    No!!! Stay out of my bubble!!!!!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    I'm pretty affectionate. I do the bro hug thing on rare occasions but since most of my friends are female there's no real need.
  • I only hug my enemies as a sign of disrespect. No one else..no one else..
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    If I want full-body contact with someone I'll ask for it. Someone coming at me with arms open leaves their strike zones vulnerable.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Just my family and dog.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    I hug my friends
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Hugging wasn't really a thing in my family growing up (with the exception of my grandmother on my mother's side), so I'm not typically in the habit of initiating them. That said, I'm comfortable with being hugged provided that it's not held for too long - that just gets weird - and it's coming from someone that I've actually gotten a chance to get acquainted with! Sometimes a handshake just feels too formal, so you go for a hug.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    ill only hug you if you are my mom , sister

or if at some point in my life we have been in an intimate relationship which means I am comfortable/use to having you touch me

otherwise everyone can stay out of my bubble

+1

+2
  • mobrien0527
    mobrien0527 Posts: 412
    yeah I'm a hugger, love hugs! :smile:
  • Lemonshake
    Lemonshake Posts: 223 Member
    I'm not a mushy person. Heck I even eloped so I did t have to do mush infront of people. I'm not a hugger.
    With 2 exceptions.
    If you are one of my kids. ( 2 of those suckers think they are too old for hugs. This is why kids don't know anything. You are never too old for hugs from mum)
    And I'm drunk. I'm a flirty huggy drunk.
  • I'm not really a huggy person, even with family. My reaction to non-family members hugging me tends to be similar to that of a rabbit caught in headlights - freeze, hyperventilate, and wait for it to be over.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    I would only allow hugs from select close people. I generally do not like to be touched.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Yep! Hugs all around...for everybody!! I'm from KY and that's just how we roll, here, lol.

haha I'm from KY too and I don't like hugs but you're not wrong really.