If you won the lottery tomorrow...

Options

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Probably food or something casual like that, because I wouldn't decide to what to do with a lot of money all that quickly.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Grab a friend and globe-trot.
  • brayman1701
    brayman1701 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The first thing id buy is a cup of tea :).

Then i'd love to go to a videogame store and when they say how can we help, I'd say yeah I want to buy some games when they say whats one's Ill say all of them ;).
  • lichta14
    lichta14 Posts: 1
    Options
    If I won the lottery I'd finally get to own a home.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'd pay off my boyfriend's college tuition.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'd walk out of this effin job!!!!!!!! :explode:
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    I'd stop working so much. I'd still work, but not 72-84 hours a week. I'd keep it below 60 hours.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt want to win such a big amount like 300mil or even 30mil. too many people will come out of nowhere asking for hand outs.

for me the perfect amount would be 2 or 3 mil. enough to pay out the house, buy some more houses to generate an income without having to work. and get a couple of new cars for me in the missus (each :D)

then, i would spend my time stroking my hobbies. Golf would be played, guns would be bought, gyms would be visited (or i might just build my own). but by the time that is all done, there is nothing left for the vultures.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Hire a lawyer and financial advisor
  • TheSwoleMinister
    TheSwoleMinister Posts: 70 Member
    Options

you also should immediately setup a blind trust before claiming your winnings. sign the ticket in the name of the trust. redeem the winning ticket. this way you stay anonymous and you won't start getting a constant deluge of strangers calling you demanding donations and you'll also avoid the zillions of frivolous lawsuits from the ambulance-chasing lawyers who see lottery winners as easy marks.

anything that can be done to protect your anonymity on a large lottery win should be done.

if you've ever wondered why some winners wait a few months to come forward and claim a large lottery prize and then there is no media covering the awarding of the check... it's usually because the winner got some good financial advice immediately and went through the process of getting a blind trust setup for which they were the executor, before stepping forward to claim the prize in the name of the trust.

Unfortunately for most of us this option is not possible.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-04-22/lottery-winners-anonymous-mega-millions/54441676/1
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Start a charity, helping to fund the resolution of butthurt around the world. The charity's first order of business would be to distribute simple carbs to hangry individuals.
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Would hire a financial Planner!!
  • willtrainforchocolate
    Options
    Me too.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Hire a lawyer and financial advisor

tumblr_lu7j57tFwG1qjgyuwo1_500.gif

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • willtrainforchocolate
    Options
    I'd buy a plane ticket to anywhere. The very last thing I'd do is show my face in the paper. How stupid a move is that really.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    It's simple, I would travel the world sleeping with all my single MFP friends!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Two chicks at the same time.
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Plane tickets to Florida for my bothers and I. Florida is where our parents are. Then have a meeting to discuss how we are sharing this money. Then a long vacation to Australia.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'd pay off my boyfriend's college tuition.

:huh:
  • squarerootofpi
    Options
    I would pay off the remainder of my student loan debt.