*highfive*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Disappear.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely do all the boring stuff - pay off the kids' college plans, hire my friend the CPA to do my accounting & financial planning, and put a lawyer on retainer (if that's what the accountant advised me to do). After that, I'd probably work for a while until I figured out what kind of business I wanted to go into, then maybe go into business for myself. Or maybe not; I'm pretty happy at my job.

Really, though, my life wouldn't change all that much, unless I won enough money to build a moon base.
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hire a lawyer and financial advisor

This & only this.. There's no other smarter or wiser answer!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd walk out of this effin job!!!!!!!! :explode:

You beat me to it. If one of us wins we both get to resign. Deal?
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    FIRST thing would be to pay off all my debt and then we will see how to spend/invest it after that.
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    FIRST thing would be to pay off all my debt and then we will see how to spend/invest it after that.

Just remember, there is good debt and bad debt. If you're debt is costing you 1.5% interest (a mortgage) and you can invest your money at 8% interest, why be so quick to pay it off? just saying
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

Just remember, there is good debt and bad debt. If you're debt is costing you 1.5% interest (a mortgage) and you can invest your money at 8% interest, why be so quick to pay it off? just saying

I'm mostly referring to credit card debt and probably my Jeep. Would pay off most of the mortgage, as I would love to retire in 20 years.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    this...

and then this...
    Two chicks at the same time.
  • _Loves2Dance_
    Options
    I would seriously hope that a financial advisor and lawyer would be the first and most obvious step.... refer to page 1 of this thread lol... so NOW that you got the first steps completed, that should be taken BEFORE collecting your winnings not after, what would be the first thing you would purchase, or if you have an entire plan what is that?
  • _Loves2Dance_
    Options
    [/quote]

^^ is this really a payment necessary situation? haha I have heard of worst done for less... js!
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The services of an architect to build my dream home in Ireland.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I would pay off my condo and then out it up for sale so I can finally move to Cali to start a new chapter of my life.
  • _Loves2Dance_
    Options
    The services of an architect to build my dream home in Ireland.

LOVE the idea of Ireland. I would say love Ireland, but seeing as I have never been there... Would love to visit though, very much! It is on my bucket list... #1 on the list.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    A purple convertible VW Beetle for my daughter.
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options

Best answer ever!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options

After all the planning and legal aspects have been worked out , I would buy a house on a lake or on the beach.
    After that who knows???
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    After the lawyer and financial advisor....

Pay off my CC debt ($5k), my student loans ($4k), my 2 cars (30k TOTAL), my mortgage ($55k) and my moms debts (100k). Then take care of my in-laws financial needs (100k), buy my fiance' his stupid dream car (50k fully loaded)... LOL. Get my sick elderly grandparents taken care of (500k just in case), and my grand-in-laws taken care of (100k). Start a college fund for my boys, and my sibling-in-laws (300k maybe) ;) lol. I am not even at 2 mil yet... Wow....
    Let's see.......
    Say I won 50 mil:
    25 mil invested
    5 mil to my mom
    1 mil to my dad (absent father for most of my life)
    5 mil to my in-laws
    2 mil to my siblings (500k to each 4 including sibling in-laws)
    1 mil to my best friend
    2 mil for my boys (1 mil each in a savings acct)
    1 mil to a charity
    and thats all the divying I would do.... The rest --- I'd have fun with. I'm broke after paying all the bills, and would love to feel financially secure for once!! :D
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    Well, I can't really buy lottery tickets right now since I live in China, but in this lovely what if scenario.... The first thing I would do is buy a first class ticket back to Canada. Next I would pay off my student loans, and buy a condo in North Vancouver. Then I would start travelling again, and I would buy myself two seats on every airplane not because my *kitten* is too big, but because I just want the extra space to stretch out in.