Ugly fat pig! Skinny pathetic skeleton! Fat butt slut!

Options

Replies

• Dig_Deeper
    Options
    I felt to put the quote most commonly attributed to be made popular by Edmund Bourke - The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing.. Posts like this help those who seek to transcend the ego and search for the truth to help those to see that in love there is no judgement.

Thank you for your input and sharing Edmond Bourke's (or Burke....both are correct spellings lol) quote; he was an amazing philosopher!
  • Dig_Deeper
    Options
    My apologies for such a long post(as well as any typos)...but I just couldn't keep this to myself. Love you all and wish you the best! Let's be kind, encouraging, and supportive......and hopefully save some lives. :smile:

Apologies not needed. What a wonderful post. If only there were more like you in the world.

Hate only begets hate. Smile and the world will smile with you..

I live by the motto, "what goes round, comes round". So treat people in the way you wish to be treated. And for those that spout meanness and vileness - pity them - because the only reason they pick on you is to hide what they are ashamed of themselves. By bringing you down, it lifts them up (in their eyes).. My mother always said - if someone is being mean, pity them.. Cause they cannot see their own beauty only their flaws and they have to highlight someone elses flaw to hide their own.. Ignore them - because the people who love you only see your goodness. And goodness is beauty - not the body its in.

Thank you for posting this. Makes me proud that my mam instilled that into me every day.

A fine motto to live by, indeed! Your mom is an amazing woman and so is her daughter! Goodness is truly a pivotal aspect of beauty...somewhere along the line people lost sight of that, but all of you here shows there is still loads of hope left! :smile:
  • Dig_Deeper
    Options
    Thank you for this post :flowerforyou:

You're welcome and thank YOU :flowerforyou:
  • Dig_Deeper
    Options
    What a good man you are - for listening to those ladies and for sharing this. Thank you.

Thank YOU! Those ladies were no, they ARE absolutely amazing! It's just heartbreaking knowing what they have had to endure and I wanted to be their voice and I also encourage all of us to help when we can. :smile:
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Your post has touched me deeply and many others as well. I lost my brother several years ago to suicide. While I don't think we will ever understand why he did it, he is in a happier place and I guess really that is all that matters.

Your love for not only your wife but human beings as a whole shows through your words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You, kind sir, are a rare breed.
  • Dig_Deeper
    Options
    Thank You!!!! :heart:

You're welcome and thank YOU!!! :heart: :smile:
  • Dig_Deeper
    Options
    Thank you for writing this.

You're welcome and I thank you for reading it! :smile:
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say Thank You so much for your insight into the impact thoughtless words can have. No matter what your circumstances the wounds of weight based comments or for that matter ANY comment on physical appearance may run deeply an have a profoundly lasting impact on people's lives.

Yesterday my Doctor made what was to him an innocent remark that was meant to be inspiring after I told him that not that long ago I used to weigh in at 126kg (268 lbs). He said something along the lines of "Wow, that is an amazing achievement .....what do you weigh now.....60 kgs?" (132 lbs). Which is a great, healthy weight for my height 5'5", however my goal was to be lower than this. The last time I got weighed I was a smidge over 50kgs (110 lbs) and due to other health problems have lost more weight since then.....

The horrible thing is that I felt gutted that he got the number wrong. I have always struggled to control my incorrect perceptions of my body, I never get clothe size right (always pick out things much bigger), I have looked in the mirror since childhood and the person looking back looks much bigger and have slipped in and out of ED behaviour for all of my life. Since this happened I have struggled to control the rising sense of panic and self-loathing that I thought I had put to rest. I feel like all the Counselling, self-help etc is SO fragile; it takes such a little incident and I unravel......that makes me feel even more pathetic.

Reading about the experience of others and the impact verbal comments paints a vivid, clear picture that EVEN seemingly innocent remarks about anothers body can create profound, unintended results......None of us can know what someone has had to deal with in their past or what burdens they are trying to integrate and live with in their present.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this story. I was also teased a lot in school for being over weight, which was from being depressed about my parents divorce. But no one cared, they just seen a "fat girl" and thought I was just stuffing my face all day, when I was really an undercover bulimic, who snuck and took with loss pills, and laxatives just to drop weight fast so I could be liked and to fit in. But as I grew up and with prayer, I started to love myself more and didn't care what other people thought of me. I needed to do what was best for me and my health. Even though it's been several years later I'm taking it one day at a time and I'm succeeding and very happy and in love with myself.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't true, but I have no reason to doubt that it is. It makes me very sad for the girl.

I have never called someone a name because of their physical appearance, and I'm not going to start doing so after reading this...that's for sure. Now if everyone else could just follow, it would great.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post. Treating others with kindness and respect costs absolutely nothing! :heart:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the touching post and poignant reminder. :flowerforyou:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Bullying is something I never have and never will understand. The mob mentality of children in schools in particular is very disturbing to me. I have always tried to raise my son with respect for others and to try to show acceptance of everyone, no matter how the are different in appearance or otherwise. But it seems like other people don't take those steps when raising their children. I put my boy in homeschool for many reasons, but the bullying was certainly a big one... having your child come home from school crying about being hit or called horrible names by other kids is devastating and heart breaking. At least when it happens in my neighborhood I have more power to do something about it directly... but public schools are atrocious when it comes to bullying - despite all these new "no tolerance" policies they keep talking about.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I took the time to read this. It is unreal how cruel people are in this world, but at the same time there are many wonderful people like yourself that are there too. I want to cry every time someone commits suicide because of bullying. This should be taken more seriously in schools. PERIOD.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Great story, bro! Thanks for sharing it. Seriously. :drinker:
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have loved that song from the first time I heard it.

quote]
    This reminds me of a song I love.

Don't laugh at me, don' call me names.
    Don't get your pleasure from my pain.
    In God's eyes, we're all the same,
    One day we'll all have perfect wings.

Thank you for posting!
    [/quote]
  • cassylola24
    Options
    What a great post. why do people think they have the right to belittle and hurt others? Words can be so harmful and unfortunately bullying in school is difficult to stamp out despite the efforts of teachers and helpers etc. When bullying happens int he workplace people are told that they are old enough to ignore it!
    I have always been tall for my age and was constantly teased at school as I was the tallest in my year and the year above me. It did get to me one night when my parents were out and I just started sobbing my heart out uncontrollably. My brother (older than me) was worried and had the foresight to ring some friends of our parents who come over straight away and talked to me. Thank god for them cos I don't think I would have listened to my parents as they are supposed to say the right things aren't they. These family friends really listened and talked me through it all and told me I could be proud of my body and height.
    My parents bought us both up to repect everyone around us and if they heard us say anything derogatory or unkind we were put in our place and corrected.
    Again thanks for a great post and fory our kind actions of listening to these strangers
  • nikki125
    nikki125 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to share this!
    Be kind people.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I still remember hurtful things that were said to me in grade school.

*raising hand* Yep. I as well.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I think this needs to be shared universally! Thanks for posting these stories, hoping the hearts of those women have been or will be healed with time.

Your wife is wonderfully lucky to have such a caring husband!