Gym tells woman she's intimidating guests with 'toned body'

Options
eric_sg61
eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
Planet Fitness at it again.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/gym-tells-woman-shes-intimidating-guests-toned-bod/nfGHz/

FTA:
Borges says, "it's unfair to show off your body" because it can make other people feel bad.

Jimmy Status: RUSTLED
IF you have a good body, better start wearing sweaters to the beach so someone doesn't feel bad.

Replies

• MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's a terrible POV. I'm inspired when I see really fit women at the gym. Makes me think that if they can do it, so can I! There's also a good chance that any advice they have would be awesome...and from my experience, very willing to impart. Fitness chicks, FTW! :love:

Edited for spelling!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of "let's give everyone a medal so the losers don't feel too bad". Our society is going in the tank.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I would have told them to go pound sand up their a ss.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of "let's give everyone a medal so the losers don't feel too bad". Our society is going in the tank.

Agreed. Also, if her outfit was really not in line with the policy then she should have been approached based on that, not that she looked too good. I wonder if she would have been asked to cover up if she wasn't toned or was overweight?
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If I were visiting a gym and saw a toned woman working out there, I would be more likely to join up. As it is, I'm uninspired to even drive by one at this point. What's wrong with their PR department?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    See, this is exactly what I was talking about that I got **** for. Planet Fitness does not want members to be successful. It doesn't fit their business model. Even their commercials display this attitude.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    See, this is exactly what I was talking about that I got **** for. Planet Fitness does not want members to be successful. It doesn't fit their business model. Even their commercials display this attitude.

their commercials are complete BS. "Lunks" and whatnot? They basically body shame everyone who isn't a typical out of shape housewife.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Management at the Richmond Planet Fitness referred KTVU to the corporate office. A spokesperson says the company, "strives to make everyone feel comfortable" and says the dress code is at the discretion of the staff and manager.

So... basically you can make up crap.
    However, Planet Fitness spokesperson Mcall Gosselin also said if Austin was criticized for being toned or fit then that "is not in line with the Planet Fitness policy whatsoever.”

Prove it. Fire the staff.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I really have no idea how to respond to this article. It is the craziest damn thing I've heard of. What is wrong people?!?! Rock on Tiffany!! Don't let em keep you down.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/gym-tells-woman-shes-intimidating-guests-toned-bod/nfGHz/

FTA:
    Borges says, "it's unfair to show off your body" because it can make other people feel bad.

Jimmy Status: RUSTLED
    IF you have a good body, better start wearing sweaters to the beach so someone doesn't feel bad.

Borges should NEVER go to Rio...

I'm just constantly amused at PF.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    So much this.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Not too surprising from those people.

I bet she even turned down their free pizza.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Here's a "good job" sticker just for participating....
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    How did I know coming into this that it would more than likely be about a PF..... :huh: Ridiculous.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness... celebrating mediocrity!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Y'know, I guessed from the title that it would be them!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    bahahahahaa.

if you can't show off at the gym, where *can* you show off? but only if you truly have a body worth showing off ;)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It sounds more like they're afraid of bare stomachs than "toned bodies". Seriously though, wtf?
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Personally, a woman with a toned body does not intimidate me or make me feel bad. She inspires and motivates me!!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    In other news,

Employee told not to hang framed diploma on office wall. Co-workers feel intimidated by graduates education.