Replies

• Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    211571_300.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That is bizarre. I can see having a dress code and enforcing it, but tying it to body type or how toned one is seems pretty crazy for a gym.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    KTVU is our most popular news station in the Bay Area so I saw this telecasted on the news.

Gotta love that the "JUDGEMENT FREE" zone only applies to out of shape, overweight, and fat people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Good. I hate those fit people.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    This seems like something you'd find on The Onion.:laugh:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    So I guess a person with a toned body will now be,treated like an outsider.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I personally have never heard such stupidity ever. What do they tell fitness instructors? You can't be in shape and work here? My one teacher is so strong and toned I always think "wow, I want that"

But this right here sums up how they really went against their own policy:

"Austin says she's no lunk-head and she's not a gym rat - and now she's not even a gym member. She says her 15 minutes at Planet Fitness left her feeling intimidated and harassed, saying the place that promised no judgments did just that."
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What would have happened if it was a fatty told to cover up or change clothes? Discrimination!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    "Borges says, 'it's unfair to show off your body" because it can make other people feel bad.'"

Okay, all you pretty people, better start wearing bags over your heads!! It's just not fair to the rest of us! After reading this, I've had all the stupid I can take in one day and it's only 10 am here.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Personally, a woman with a toned body does not intimidate me or make me feel bad. She inspires and motivates me!!!

^This. I'm sooo glad my gym promotes healthy, fit, toned individuals. At the same time, they also inspire and encourage those not in great shape. Yes, it's an awesome gym!!
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I don't even know who is allowed at Planet Fitness anymore.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of fitness competitors that work out at my gym. I'm cool with it. They are inspirational.
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Such nonsense. It is not intimidating at all. If anything it's inspiring. Based on the picture from the article, she looks fine (appropriate) for the gym.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Well, this is certainly in line with the espoused Planet Fitness business model. If they had said to the complainers "If you were working hard enough, you wouldn't have time to be intimidated by someone else's body," then the only customers they'd have would be the ones who actually show up and use the equipment and facilities. That's not their market.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Jeez...Ive always worked to be extra intimidating

that chick is doin it right in my book... good on her
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of "let's give everyone a medal so the losers don't feel too bad". Our society is going in the tank.

Amen!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Borges must of missed Life Lessons 101.
    -No matter how good you are at something, no matter how good you look, no matter how smart you are.........there is always someone better.

-Unless it is close friends or family.............the rest of the world does not care about your feelings!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I read the article...expecting some buff chick.......Um..she looks normal to me. She looks great, but I don't see how anyone would feel "intimidated". Unless all other members are 600 lbs. This is ridiculous
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

You look pretty intimidating cuddling with the kittens :flowerforyou: But yeah, I'm guessing you wouldn't make it into Planet Fitness without setting off an alarm.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options

You look pretty intimidating cuddling with the kittens :flowerforyou: But yeah, I'm guessing you wouldn't make it into Planet Fitness without setting off an alarm.

kittens are xxxtra intimidating!