How do you feel about a once a week "cheat day" ?

Options

Replies

• neent10
    neent10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I dont believe in cheat days. If you need a cheat day to feel "sane", then you dont deserve to be in shape.

Even the name of it ("cheat" day) implies that its wrong to do. You know the foods you usually eat on your cheat day are bad for you and your body, yet you still choose to eat it.

Like I said, with that mindset, you dont deserve to be in shape.

This is bull. Everyone deserves to be in shape. This place is supposed to be to support each other not tear people down. This is absolutely something mean spirited and ridiculous to say.
  • bobbiejof33
    Options
    I dont believe in cheat days. If you need a cheat day to feel "sane", then you dont deserve to be in shape.

Even the name of it ("cheat" day) implies that its wrong to do. You know the foods you usually eat on your cheat day are bad for you and your body, yet you still choose to eat it.

Don't deserve to be in shape? Seriously?? I think every person deserves to be in shape, and everyone does it differently. If you are going to post, please note that we look for uplifting or helpful tips. These forums are NOT meant to tear people down. Just because you are hidden behind your computer, doesn't mean you can say whatever you want. You are not anonymous. Please remember everyone here is trying.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Woah now, I think everyone 'deserves' to be in shape. That's placing a high level of judgement and morality on this, is that really what you meant to say? Having a special meal or day may make it slower to drop weight, but being fit is not reserved for the Chosen Ones devoted to extreme rituals. Maybe this person needs to take a different approach.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options

that's a little harsh, but true. lets try and educate and lift up members instead of degrading them. lets stay positive and all get healthy together.

I hear you Prince_eric. We need more members like you on this site and less of the negativity. We are all here to try and better ourselves. Bullies need not apply thank you!
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'd use the word "Treat" day instead of "Cheat day". You can't ruin a lifestyle by treating yourself once in a while. Just don't let "treating" become the norm.

I personally will just gorge myself from time to time, and I find that I have my best weight loss after I do. I think, for me, it boosts my metabolism.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

You sound like a right peach.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'd use the word "Treat" day instead of "Cheat day". You can't ruin a lifestyle by treating yourself once in a while. Just don't let "treating" become the norm.

I personally will just gorge myself from time to time, and I find that I have my best weight loss after I do. I think, for me, it boosts my metabolism.

Love this! I will now have Treat meals/days. No guilty feelings associated
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Someone ring the buttface alarm .-.
    She can eat a cupcake if she wants to eat a cupcake.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    If you do exercise, it is easier to have treats and still fall under the calorie goal. No cheat days, plenty of treats (chocolate in my case. I just had some).
  • ToraChan2310
    Options

that's a little harsh, but true. lets try and educate and lift up members instead of degrading them. lets stay positive and all get healthy together.

Since when is telling someone the truth (as you yourself stated) considered degrading them?

So if I tell a student with a 1.0 GPA that he/she is failing school, I am degrading that person?
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't let other discourage you. If you are making an effort to lose ofcourse you deserve to lose weight. Don't even agree that you don't . Some people like to put others down when they can still lose without having to be as strict as themselves to lose. If you are losing and doing this that's fantastic. I know what you mean about keeping your sanity. My family goes for ice cream together and if I don't go or if I don't order I feel like I'm missing out on that experience with them. Losing weight is a lifestyle and you have to find a way to incorporate it into your life in a way that gets results and makes you happy! Or it isn't worth losing! If you are happy with one pound a week then keep it up. If you want to lose more then I agree with the post about eating stuff such as pizza or whatever but only eat an amount that fits into your daily calories. That's what I do to lose two pounds a week. Once I get closer to goal I'm gonna switch to one pound a week. But your dong great keep it up!
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There are to many comments and I didn't take time to read them all, but I can say this: You're only cheating yourself. You're only slowing down the process and making the whole thing take longer. It's not that hard to not eat bad, there will be plenty of time for eating things you'd really like to have in moderation once your weight loss is over and you switch to weight maintenance.
  • ToraChan2310
    Options

This is bull. Everyone deserves to be in shape. This place is supposed to be to support each other not tear people down. This is absolutely something mean spirited and ridiculous to say.

If you took what I said as "tearing people down", then thats your own fault. All I said was eating foods that you know arent good for your body (which many people do on their "cheat day") is counter productive to living a healthy lifestyle that all of us are striving to have. And if you feel insane because you cant eat said foods, then why do you believe you deserve a nice figure or good health?

Thats like someone who wants to have nice hair but chooses not to take care of it consistently. You are what you eat, so why put terrible stuff into your body, then expect it to remain healthy and functional.

Apparantely suggesting that people eat healthy and not "cheat" is considered "mean spirited". Who would have thought that was possible on a website that encourages healthy eating.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Since when is telling someone the truth (as you yourself stated) considered degrading them?

So if I tell a student with a 1.0 GPA that he/she is failing school, I am degrading that person?

Because occasionally treating yourself to something outside of your calories isn't failing at anything.
    I hope no one gives you a cake on your birthday.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I personally don't subscribe to cheat days/meals...esp not logging them.

If I want KFC I eat it...and make sure it fits in my goals...

If I want a drink I have one...

On those days where it's a "surprise" we are going out...I eat to maintenance but always log it.

^This.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Love this! I will now have Treat meals/days. No guilty feelings associated

That's how I do it. And it makes it easy for me to stay disciplined in the days after my treat days.

Yesterday I ate oatmeal for breakfast, then went to the Thai buffet at lunch and ate two servings of ginger chicken, two servings of green bean stir fry, and two servings of vegetable stir fry. I went home last night and ate 3/4 of a pepperoni pizza and two ice cream bars. I was a total pig.

But I know from my previous experiences that within three days of going back to my normal diet I will be back at the weight I was at yesterday morning and still losing.

Note - I do walk 4 to 8 miles most days....but I didn't do any exercise yesterday lol.
  • ToraChan2310
    Options

Woah now, I think everyone 'deserves' to be in shape. That's placing a high level of judgement and morality on this, is that really what you meant to say? Having a special meal or day may make it slower to drop weight, but being fit is not reserved for the Chosen Ones devoted to extreme rituals. Maybe this person needs to take a different approach.

Everyone is taking what I said in the wrong way. My point was do not expect to have a healthy and good looking body if you feel the need to spoil it with bad foods in order to "keep your sanity".

For example, if I want a healthy and well functioning car, I wouldnt put sugar, soap, soda pop, or other damaging substances into it that would harm my car. I would make sure I put high grade gasoline and give consistent maintenance on it in order for it to remain healthy and functional.

If I refuse to do that, and instead put things in my car that would damage it, wouldnt you say I dont deserve a nice car? Especially since I am obviously taking delibrate steps to harm it? Same goes for your body.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If I have a specific day where I go crazy and eat 5,000 calories, it's going to adversely affect my progress, so I don't incorporate them into my lifestyle (for the most part). As others have mentioned, I will just try and fit what I like to eat within my calorie limits for the day.
  • ToraChan2310
    Options

Someone ring the buttface alarm .-.
    She can eat a cupcake if she wants to eat a cupcake.

Even though an apple is a better choice, as long as she doesnt complain about how it is not good for her body and slows her fitness gains, then yes, she can eat the cupcake.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Everyone is taking what I said in the wrong way. My point was do not expect to have a healthy and good looking body if you feel the need to spoil it with bad foods in order to "keep your sanity".

For example, if I want a healthy and well functioning car, I wouldnt put sugar, soap, soda pop, or other damaging substances into it that would harm my car. I would make sure I put high grade gasoline and give consistent maintenance on it in order for it to remain healthy and functional.

If I refuse to do that, and instead put things in my car that would damage it, wouldnt you say I dont deserve a nice car? Especially since I am obviously taking delibrate steps to harm it? Same goes for your body.

Lol, comparing the human body to a car using fuel only a human body can utilize...