Planet Fitness Tell Woman to Cover Up

Options

Replies

• Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to see how her attire was in any way inappropriate for a gym. She had on capri length loose bottoms and a longer length crop top. I didn't see anything wrong with it. Shrugs
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i go to planet fitness, and hate it, but its kind of my only realistic option.

this is really making something of nothing.

pretty much every gym has a dress code. i've never belonged to a gym where a guy can work out with no shirt.

i heard that they told her she was too fit and therefore intimidating. Had they just said 'your violating the dress code' (assuming she was) this would be the non issue it should be.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    someone commented on the news article i read saying that 'spaghetti straps' are not allowed.

women appeared to be of a normal body type to me
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Yeah, I heard they force anyone who's a member to eat that pizza, too! Because they want to keep their customers fat so they keep coming back. It's a great business model!

Yeah, you have to be careful. I heard it's 10 lashes for not eating the pizza on pizza night. :huh:

actually what they really want is for you to pay your membership and never go. thats really the only way the $10 a month gym buisness model works.
  • sandikegz
    sandikegz Posts: 66
    Options
    I hear all these crazy stories about PF and the crap they pull... but the one I go to is fine? Plenty of fit half-nekkid people running around as well as the larger crowd - and every body type in-between. Everyone seems to just mind their business and do their workouts without complaint. The employees are friendly and I haven't seen any incidents anytime I've been there. Might be due to being so near the military base. A lot of us go there because it's cheap and in a better state of repair than our base gyms >_>. The area is probably just used to a "fitter" crowd due to that. *shrug*

My PF is also very good when it comes to those types of things and this is actually one of the first bad things I've heard about the company. Doesn't make very much sense to me if their whole slogan is a judgement free zone. Can't beat $20 a month with unlimited tanning :-D
  • sandikegz
    sandikegz Posts: 66
    Options
    LOL Planet Fitness has a free pizza and bagel night every month for members...enough said

Yeah, I heard they force anyone who's a member to eat that pizza, too! Because they want to keep their customers fat so they keep coming back. It's a great business model!

I guess I showed them. I've belonged to PF for 6 years and I've never eaten the pizza on pizza night. Not because I don't want to, I LOVE pizza and eat it at least once a week, but too many grubby hands are touching it which grosses me out.

Yeah, I've never eaten the pizza myself either, community food really isn't my thing. Plus they don't get the best kinda pizza around either. They definitely don't force you to eat it, how could that even be possible, lmao?!!?
  • VegRuthie
    VegRuthie Posts: 20
    Options
    Her body is not intimidating and I am sure that was not the real reason. I go to planet fitness, there is a lot of fit people that go there. I call it BS!

This sound like some of the customers we get at the doctor office I work for. People lie, specially if they think they can get money out of it. I agree with a dress code. I have been to gyms where some girls are almost naked doing nothing but trying to get attention. I go with tight clothes to the gym, even some cleavage from time to time and there is not problem now that I am overweight and I am 100% that there will be no problem after my weight loss.

The pizza thing; You DON"T have to eat it.... I never do and they do want you to go to the gym. I see the same faces every time I go.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    "Yeah... so we need you to leave."
    "Why?"
    "You're offending the fatties."
    "..."
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    "Why?"
    "..."

Only on the Internet, where someone violates a dress code and people dream up stories they think are more interesting than what really happened.
  • techgal128
    Options
    "Why?"
    "..."

Only on the Internet, where someone violates a dress code and people dream up stories they think are more interesting than what really happened.

Yeah... I don't know. I went into planet fitness once and the manager walked up to me, looked me up and down, scoffed, and walked away. Considering that was when I was at my heaviest, that hurt quite a bit. That place is a disaster...
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Dang, can we stop assuming that everyone that goes to PF is fat and lazy, and eating pizza while walking at a 2.0 on the treadmill!!! In all seriousness though, I go to PF because it is convenient. (Ive been at Golds for 4 years, PF for 2) I also have a membership at Golds, but it's nearly impossible to lift weights because the amount of guys who walk around in herds, lifting every few minutes. So, I go to Golds for some things, and PF for others. Yes, some of the rules are dumb, but let's be honest...do you think the gym really said that to her? It sounds a bit "off" like many of the other stories out there, but who knows. My point is, if you don't like it...don't go. But please stop stereotyping everyone that does work out there!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article, but I will say form personal experience, PF is a complete joke. I don't really even know how they get away with calling themselves a gym...

If you can't...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBVL4a6O8tCWkX_btOw8BzIPxK0Fy6K1d2UH9ApkLeuXOXbP3y

or...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAPpJ78XSxmiZn_Q2tK2t4rxriWA1fNPmdaZgmOsGrsJ53W7XU

or...

training88737177.gif

Then you are not a gym.

PF is pretty much good for...

f?id=51895f72eab8ea4633000027

and some pizza afterwards, and that's about it.
  • techgal128
    Options
    Dang, can we stop assuming that everyone that goes to PF is fat and lazy, and eating pizza while walking at a 2.0 on the treadmill!!! In all seriousness though, I go to PF because it is convenient. (Ive been at Golds for 4 years, PF for 2) I also have a membership at Golds, but it's nearly impossible to lift weights because the amount of guys who walk around in herds, lifting every few minutes. So, I go to Golds for some things, and PF for others. Yes, some of the rules are dumb, but let's be honest...do you think the gym really said that to her? It sounds a bit "off" like many of the other stories out there, but who knows. My point is, if you don't like it...don't go. But please stop stereotyping everyone that does work out there!

None of us are insulting the members. We do not like the gym and the so-called "rules" that they abide by.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I saw the video interview of the woman and she put on the outfit and I couldn't understand why she needed to cover up - she had on a top that was like a sports bra and then sweatpants that were like capris. I did not find it too revealing or offensive at all. She was just starting at this club since she had had some medical issue previously and her doctor had recommended she start working out so she was walking on a treadmill and then the staff approached her. I sometimes wear the same type of top and longer-length biker shorts or running shorts because I get too hot to have on a regular t-shirt. I don't go to Planet Fitness - I go to LA Fitness and haven't heard that they have any type of "dress code." I am not sure how PF is expecting people to dress and not get overheated.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

as techgal128 pointed out, it's the "gym" that we are ragging on. the PF by my house was just a bunch of treadmills and elliptical machines with a few resistance machines. not one single free weight...no squat rack, bench press, etc...not one single dumbbell. I really don't equate that to being a "gym"....I also do find the whole community pizza thing afterwards somewhat amusing as well....
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    "Why?"
    "..."

Yeah... I don't know. I went into planet fitness once and the manager walked up to me, looked me up and down, scoffed, and walked away. Considering that was when I was at my heaviest, that hurt quite a bit. That place is a disaster...

Wait, so now they both fit and fat shame? I'm sure some "average" person has had a bad experience at a planet fitness at some point in the past, so I guess no one is welcome at planet fitness. I'm amazed they're still in business since they hate on everyone.
  • techgal128
    Options
    I saw the video interview of the woman and she put on the outfit and I couldn't understand why she needed to cover up - she had on a top that was like a sports bra and then sweatpants that were like capris. I did not find it too revealing or offensive at all. She was just starting at this club since she had had some medical issue previously and her doctor had recommended she start working out so she was walking on a treadmill and then the staff approached her. I sometimes wear the same type of top and longer-length biker shorts or running shorts because I get too hot to have on a regular t-shirt. I don't go to Planet Fitness - I go to LA Fitness and haven't heard that they have any type of "dress code." I am not sure how PF is expecting people to dress and not get overheated.

What's funny is that 24 Hour fitness (where I go) is exactly opposite. They sort of need a dress code. I've seen women working out that clearly do not have bras on or have see-through pants with their thongs showing.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

What's funny is that 24 Hour fitness (where I go) is exactly opposite. They sort of need a dress code. I've seen women working out that clearly do not have bras on or have see-through pants with their thongs showing.

Yikes! Haven't seen anything like that at my gym yet.
  • Losing75byDecember
    Losing75byDecember Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good move PF! No reason to dress slutty for a gym.
  • techgal128
    Options

Yikes! Haven't seen anything like that at my gym yet.

They usually hang out in the weight lifting area around all the manly men. The funny thing is I don't normally see them working out. They just walk back and forth, back and forth...