Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are there any other competitive lifters in here?

Replies

• You were on here months back but deactivated didn't you?

I was, now I see why I left. People here can be pretty ridiculous.

They sure can.

And some of them take themselves way too seriously.
    Life's too short for that!

How anyone can be such a tosser and still take themselves seriously is beyond me...
    cabertoss.jpg

You know... caber tosser?

I like his kilt
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    If you posted a thread for competitive runners I wouldn't go in there and hassle you about it.
    "Well, I run but I don't compete. Does that mean I can't be in your club? You're just being judgemental" Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

Only insofar as that statement does not make the claim that non-competitive runners are not runners.

Cf.
    *If you don't compete, you're not a powerlifter/oly lifter/strongman, you're just someone who likes to lift.

See the diff?

Stop trolling! You're not funny anymore! I don't lift nearly heavy enough to even be considered a "heavy lifter" but I want to see what these people have to say instead of you quoting everything and leaving dumb remarks, move along and troll the hot or not thread please.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    If you posted a thread for competitive runners I wouldn't go in there and hassle you about it.
    "Well, I run but I don't compete. Does that mean I can't be in your club? You're just being judgemental" Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

Only insofar as that statement does not make the claim that non-competitive runners are not runners.

Cf.
    *If you don't compete, you're not a powerlifter/oly lifter/strongman, you're just someone who likes to lift.

See the diff?

Stop trolling! You're not funny anymore! I don't lift nearly heavy enough to even be considered a "heavy lifter" but I want to see what these people have to say instead of you quoting everything and leaving dumb remarks, move along and troll the hot or not thread please.
    You're pretty. :flowerforyou:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    You were on here months back but deactivated didn't you?

I was, now I see why I left. I can be pretty sensitive.

fixed it for ya ;)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    You were on here months back but deactivated didn't you?

I was, now I see why I left. I can be pretty sensitive.

fixed it for ya ;)

:laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

Thank you for this. I'm not judging people, I'm just tired of people telling me that they're a "powerlifter" because they like to lift heavy weights. There's nothing wrong with lifting without competing but that alone doesn't make you a powerlifter, it just makes you a person who likes to lift.
    So, you can't be a powerlifter if you do the powerlifting lifts, and a competitive powerlifter if you compete in powerlifting competitions? Some people have a problem with competition and will never compete. You're not the boss of me. I'll call myself a powerlifter if I want to. You can call me a madwoman for all I care. :tongue:

you're a madwoman
  • sjohnny

Cf.

See the diff?

I don't think they want you listening in on their super secret lifter convos.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    BRB. I'm gonna go read a book about cardiology, give someone advice on how to lower their blood pressure and call myself a cardiologist.
    Powerlifters! Now licensed by the State Medical Board! :laugh:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    I'm a competitive powerlifter. I've also done some highland games competitions and am training for my first strongman show. Are there any other competitive strength athletes here?

*Not crossfit. I'm talking real strength athletes.

What's wrong with crossfit...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    he's not judgeing, he's just looking for people to identify with...you butthurt? No need to throw your opinions around, we all have our own.

Thank you for this. I'm not judging people, I'm just tired of people telling me that they're a "powerlifter" because they like to lift heavy weights. There's nothing wrong with lifting without competing but that alone doesn't make you a powerlifter, it just makes you a person who likes to lift.
    So, you can't be a powerlifter if you do the powerlifting lifts, and a competitive powerlifter if you compete in powerlifting competitions? Some people have a problem with competition and will never compete. You're not the boss of me. I'll call myself a powerlifter if I want to. You can call me a madwoman for all I care. :tongue:

you're a madwoman
    Friends with you, ain't I?!
  • DavPul

His post came off as judgemental IMO (yes, my opinion and I am entitled to it) Also, he threw his opinions around..,so slightly biased stance there.

Also, no butthurt from me, I compete.

If you want to hook up with competitive PL'ers, that's completely understandable, but just say that. No need for the 'extras'.

There absolutely is need for the extras. Without them, everyone who fancies themselves strong will jump in here and say "Oh, I'm a powerlifter!" which would then make it necessary to state the extras so I just did it up front. Geez, you people on this website are so damn touchy about EVERYTHING. I guess this is a reminder why I deleted my account a while back. I don't know if you remember that but I was the guy who helped you get your pre-contest training cycle put together prior to your first meet. Some respect I got for that huh?

you spoke to someone that hadn't competed yet? EWWWWW. hope you didn't catch anything.
  • sjohnny
    BRB. I'm gonna go read a book about cardiology, give someone advice on how to lower their blood pressure and call myself a cardiologist.
    Powerlifters! Now licensed by the State Medical Board! :laugh:

For real. TIL there are actual LAWS regulating who can and can't call themselves a powerlifter.
  • sjohnny
    I'm a competitive powerlifter. I've also done some highland games competitions and am training for my first strongman show. Are there any other competitive strength athletes here?

*Not crossfit. I'm talking real strength athletes.

What's wrong with crossfit...

DYEL?
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Omg, the guy only wants to talk to other people IN THIS FORUM who are competitive lifters. Granted, his word choice "just a person who likes to lift" was a little poor, but why get offended? Most of you who are pouting aren't even powerlifters as far as I can gather.

You don't have to derail EVERY thread because your job is not stimulating enough and you need entertainment... Let the guy bro out with his competitive lifting bros without having to defend himself at every turn.
  • sjohnny
    Omg, the guy only wants to talk to other people IN THIS FORUM who are competitive lifters. Granted, his word choice "just a person who likes to lift" was a little poor, but why get offended? Most of you who are pouting aren't even powerlifters as far as I can gather.

You don't have to derail EVERY thread because your job is not stimulating enough and you need entertainment... Let the guy bro out with his competitive lifting bros without having to defend himself at every turn.

I don't think anyone is pouting.
  • DavPul

you're a madwoman
    Friends with you, ain't I?!

so you're a madwoman with poor taste in friends, then?
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    I competed in my first strong (wo)man competition last month and I LOVED it! Since that has been over I' have been training for my first power lifting competition on April 26th. I'm super nervous. My bench isn't great but I'm pretty happy with my squat and DL. I'm also trying to cut some weight before as I'm afraid that's really gonna hurt me!

Next strong man is in late July!
  • DavPul
    perhaps you can be a powerlifter without competing, but, he doesnt care to talk to such individuals..... i can understand that.

training like a power lifter and preparing for PL comps are surely different breeds.

Thanks for your input. You are absolutely correct. Not only is the training different but the biggest difference is that competitive athletes get up on the platform in front of hundreds of people and perform. Non-competitive lifters do not. They don't have to fumble around with what weights to attempt or strategies like knowing when to go all in on a lift and when not to, etc.... It's a completely different ball game.

mKehbwn.gif
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member

I don't think anyone is pouting.

*****ing...giving the impression that they are offended that he doesn't include non-competitive lifting programmes as being comparable to what he does as a competitive lifter....making comments which could be interpreted as snarky or snide/making comments that may be 'blunt and truthful' but could also come across as if the makers of said comments are upset at his statements...

if it assists, please replace the word "pouting" with any of the above groupings of words. I don't think the sentiment of my initial statement will have changed significantly.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    I've been to a bunch of competitions... :)