Ladies...Do married men constantly talk to you?

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I am just curious as to what constitutes "inappropriate"? Can you give us an example? Because your "inappropriate" may be my "just joking around between good friends who have absolutely no desire to get in the others' pants."
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I'm married and talk to woman, single, taken, and married. It doesn't mean a thing unless, you have a hidden agenda. My best friends are woman. My wife knows about it too. I don't try to hide it. She has single male friends. It doesn't bother me, since I know where she sleeps. If a married man is making moves, then do something about it. I get flirty with female friends I know, but they know I'm not a threat.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    For sure. My dad, brother, father-in-law and husband (all married men) talk to me all the time.
  • leighkbayles
    leighkbayles Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could delete this post now.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ahh... poster's remorse.
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    ahh... poster's remorse.

Yep. This was not what I was expecting to come out of this post.

I guess I'm just a little too naive.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Op, I understand and I believe you that married men are making moves on you. It's difficult for us to know how to respond because there are a lot of things we don't know. Are they flirting? Are they asking you for sex? We don't know. How many married men? 2? 20? Do you only get hit on by married men? Or do unmarried men ever hit on you?

Men flirt with me and ask me out (married men, unmarried men, men that don't know I'm married, men that know I'm married. younger men, older men). It's all just part of life. All kinds of men will flirt with you or take it a bit further for all of your life. Just try to be clear about your boundaries and signals if it bothers you. If you are unclear, it may mean that a part of you likes it, or that you need to learn how to assert yourself better. It bothered me when I was in my 20's. It flatters me now, as long as it's not ultra creepy (like I'm at a b-day party for my kids and another dad ends up alone with me, presses up against me and tells me he likes the way I look in my top, after many many instances similiar to this).

Why does it happen? All kinds of reasons. The reasons are endless. I think you would have to ask them if you are curious.
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    Op, I understand and I believe you that married men are making moves on you. It's difficult for us to know how to respond because there are a lot of things we don't know. Are they flirting? Are they asking you for sex? We don't know. How many married men? 2? 20? Do you only get hit on by married men? Or do unmarried men ever hit on you?

Men flirt with me and ask me out (married men, unmarried men, men that don't know I'm married, men that know I'm married. younger men, older men). It's all just part of life. All kinds of men will flirt with you or take it a bit further for all of your life. Just try to be clear about your boundaries and signals if it bothers you. If you are unclear, it may mean that a part of you likes it, or that you need to learn how to assert yourself better. It bothered me when I was in my 20's. It flatters me now, as long as it's not ultra creepy (like I'm at a b-day party for my kids and another dad ends up alone with me, presses up against me and tells me he likes the way I look in my top, after many many instances similiar to this).

Why does it happen? All kinds of reasons. The reasons are endless. I think you would have to ask them if you are curious.

Thank you.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This one married guy...he completely stalks me. He won't leave me alone, texts me everyday, bemoans my food choices (especially my ardor for soy sauce and all things sodium). He even gets into bed with me at night and steals the covers. I feel I've been giving him all the wrong signals. Maybe I shouldn't have had his children.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This one married guy...he completely stalks me. He won't leave me alone, texts me everyday, bemoans my food choices (especially my ardor for soy sauce and all things sodium). He even gets into bed with me at night and steals the covers. I feel I've been giving him all the wrong signals. Maybe I shouldn't have had his children.

You can have his kids all you want. He's the one who's reading into it too much.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    He stills the covers? Just break up?!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    All men talk to me. Terrible. I have a wedding ring on, go away.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Oh god yes!!!
    My dad
    My uncle
    My brother in law
    My husband!!!

Oh my they all talk to me!!! :P
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    im not married and really dont talk to anyone....
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When I was a bartender, I constantly had married men trying to take me home, trying to get my number, trying to get me to send them/let them take innappropriate pictures. Wearing a fake wedding band didn't work, telling them I was in a relationship didn't work (even though I wasn't at the time), actually had a guy friend pose as a boyfriend a couple times and even that didn't work! And half these men hitting on me weren't even drunk... I guess some girls just attract those kind of men? I was always friendly but treated everyone the same way, men or women. I have since quit bartending, have a boyfriend, and am a lot less social, so I have less issues but still have random men message me on Facebook or hit on me while shopping, etc...

My point being, I feel for you, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

:blushing:
  • leighkbayles
    Options
    When I was a bartender, I constantly had married men trying to take me home, trying to get my number, trying to get me to send them/let them take innappropriate pictures. Wearing a fake wedding band didn't work, telling them I was in a relationship didn't work (even though I wasn't at the time), actually had a guy friend pose as a boyfriend a couple times and even that didn't work! And half these men hitting on me weren't even drunk... I guess some girls just attract those kind of men? I was always friendly but treated everyone the same way, men or women. I have since quit bartending, have a boyfriend, and am a lot less social, so I have less issues but still have random men message me on Facebook or hit on me while shopping, etc...

Thanks. :)
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Thanks. :)

You're welcome.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    No, married men don't usually chat me up in an inappropriate way. I mean, I work in customer service right now, so I talk to a lot because of my job, but I don't think they have ever been inappropriate/flirtatious. At least not that I have noticed.

Not sure why you keep experiencing this, but it could just be random. I doubt it's anything you're doing "wrong". If you start feeling uncomfortable, tell them.