Judgey in the lunch room

Options
RoseGoldDinosaur
RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
Judgey little rant for perspective:

So I'm realizing that some people ALWAYS eat trash. They have soda every day, some of them even drink predominantly soda as if it were water. There are people at my work who eat microwave lunches every day! That is a chemical trash concoction and they eat it every. single. day. They probably don't even eat one cupful of lettuce per day and might only have one piece of fruit or none! How is that even possible? Don't you die of malnutrition if you only eat processed food every day all the time? I definitely indulge in the occasional snack of trash, sometimes even twice a day, but every day? All the time? It had just never occurred to me that a person could live without eating any fruits or any vegetables or drinking any water or probably doing any exercise...

So I guess no worries to everyone eating some fruit and veg and at least drinking some water. Taking steps in the right direction puts you lightyears ahead of the crowd it seems. Keep up the good work and you're probably doing better than you think! :drinker:

Do you know anyone who eats ALL junk? Is this really so common?

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Well, aren't you just a gem.

I don't demonize food. I eat what I want inside of my macros. A lot of times, I bring easy microwave meals to work and then cook dinner when I get home. It seems to be working just fine for me. VVVVV
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I HATE lettuce!! Like seriously hate it! That is all!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Me. Yes.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I had a salad

& I am vegan...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I had a salad

& I am vegan...

:laugh:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

So I'm realizing that some people ALWAYS eat trash. They have soda every day, some of them even drink predominantly soda as if it were water. There are people at my work who eat microwave lunches every day! That is a chemical trash concoction and they eat it every. single. day. They probably don't even eat one cupful of lettuce per day and might only have one piece of fruit or none! How is that even possible? Don't you die of malnutrition if you only eat processed food every day all the time? I definitely indulge in the occasional snack of trash, sometimes even twice a day, but every day? All the time? It had just never occurred to me that a person could live without eating any fruits or any vegetables or drinking any water or probably doing any exercise...

So I guess no worries to everyone eating some fruit and veg and at least drinking some water. Taking steps in the right direction puts you lightyears ahead of the crowd it seems. Keep up the good work and you're probably doing better than you think! :drinker:

i think we would get along so well!

tumblr_lka3ob1J5i1qdaaw6o1_500.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well, as long as you know it's judgey I guess. :noway:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    End well, this will not.

It probably has something to do with the way you came off in the OP... Like you're on a high horse of sort, because you eat your fruits and veggies. Let people eat what they want and worry about yourself imo.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I avoid iceberg lettuce when i can.
    Except on tacos. mmmm... tacos.

No. You don't die of malnutrition if you eat processed food daily. Even every day all the time.

So, invalid rant is invalid.

Have a Snickers.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Have a Snickers.

But that's a chemical trash concoction. :sick:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't care what my co-workers eat for lunch as long as it is not MY lunch. To each their own.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think it is very common, my office mate goes out to lunch everyday while I stay back and eat my lunch that I made at home. It makes no difference to me, their choice.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

words.gif

Judges people's overall diets just by watching what they eat for one meal.

Have a Coke and a smile and... you know the rest.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Have a Snickers.

Im ok with that, give me the Snickers
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know people that eat nothing but junk and they're over weight and alwasy say "I need to go on a diet and start working out." BUT I don't say anything because it's been years and they haven't changed (only they can change their mind).

One woman will go to the cafetaria and make a salad from the salad bar - it will be full of pepperoni and about cup and 1/2 of 2 different kinds of thick dressings.

It's their life. I just concentrate on my health and let them worry about their own.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Why be so concerned and offended with what others eat? Unless they are your children, I would just concentrate on yourself. And yes, very judgy to imply they only eat trash, unless you are their nutritionist or their insides, you would have no idea.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    ***sips from a can of Mountain Dew***

I would like to refute this observation but I'm late for my ride to the doughnut shop.

:bigsmile:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Have a Snickers.

Im ok with that, give me the Snickers

Yummm snickers! WAIT better yet Ice Cream Snickers! :love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Lettuce? You're forming an argument that people are suffering from malnutrition because they probably don't eat "lettuce"? Do you realize what a pointless crappy excuse for a vegetable iceberg lettuce is? At least call people out for not eating spinach or something, not lettuce.

Sheesh
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1nizkZfHX1r9f8tk.gif

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs