Foods from your past- What you know now...

Options
12346»

Replies

• harperjs
    harperjs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love baking, and used to bake cookies, cupcakes or brownies once or twice a week. I would eat a ton of batter/dough and then a couple treats when they were done. It wasn't unusual for me to have a stomach ache afterwards.

Also used to do homemade pizza at pretty regularly last year...'personal' size 12 inch pizzas. I calculated it a couple weeks ago and I would easily eat 1000 calories of pizza for dinner. I love it on the grill and am thinking my husband and I should split one instead of having our own this summer. :)

Beer every night. That adds up fast. The awful food when I'm hungover to make it all better (fries, shake, hamburgers, biscuitandgravy).
  • harperjs
    harperjs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I regret all the Mocha Frappuccinos from Starbucks! I was having one of those almost every day there for a while when I first discovered them. They are now a once in a while treat that I enjoy when I can work the calories in (400 cal, 15g fat).

I'm so glad I've weaned myself from mochas to black coffee. It took a couple years, but it is SO much better for me. I remember once in college I got a white chocolate raspberry breve, where 'breve' meant it was made with half and half. Can you imagine?! Ugh.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I used to suck down Tim Horton's or Starbuck's coffee on a daily basis without even knowing how many calories I was consuming!! Now I won't even go near any of those places, it's hard sometimes to not want to have just one but that one can range from 500-1500 calories!!
  • daniellekunkel1
    Options
    I had many weaknesses...let's see...I would eat 6 fudge bars (fudgsicles) at a time. I also loved Bomb Pops. I was obsessed with Cosmic Brownies for the longest time. I would commonly eat three or four BAGS of chocolate chip Pop-tarts, which is a total of 6-8! Then, for a while, I'd begin to prepare a box of brownie mix, and before actually baking the brownies, I'd eat half the mix instead! I don't know how I never got sick from consuming the raw eggs in it!
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Hah! I had a friend who did that! Don't you just get a kick out what we used to enjoy?! I'm not saying I'll never have one again but I'm considering trying out a recipe with my protein powder and some cocoa powder ;)

I also used to enjoy wine on the regular too but when we decided to clean up our eating, that was the first to go. With no other changes to my old way of eating I lost five pounds in three weeks just from cutting that! This sounds nerdy but using MFP is almost like a game; log your points and 'earn some credits' by working out ;)

Omg, same here! I would rather have one of my 'greek protein bowls or protein pancakes' with some peanut butter than the real thing because I've become so good at cooking with it and adding certain flavors. I actually truly don't ever even feel like eating ice cream.

But @op, I always had a good idea of how many cals I was taking in, just didn't know how to control myself. Unfortunately I must have maybe been 12 years old when I first started to count cals and try to lose weight, so I'm very familiar with dad diets and the macros for everything.

I guess I underestimate the cals in veggies and fruits sometimes, even meats (plain) but that's about it.
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hah! I had a friend who did that! Don't you just get a kick out what we used to enjoy?! I'm not saying I'll never have one again but I'm considering trying out a recipe with my protein powder and some cocoa powder ;)

I also used to enjoy wine on the regular too but when we decided to clean up our eating, that was the first to go. With no other changes to my old way of eating I lost five pounds in three weeks just from cutting that! This sounds nerdy but using MFP is almost like a game; log your points and 'earn some credits' by working out ;)

Omg, same here! I would rather have one of my 'greek protein bowls or protein pancakes' with some peanut butter than the real thing because I've become so good at cooking with it and adding certain flavors. I actually truly don't ever even feel like eating ice cream.

But @op, I always had a good idea of how many cals I was taking in, just didn't know how to control myself. Unfortunately I must have maybe been 12 years old when I first started to count cals and try to lose weight, so I'm very familiar with dad diets and the macros for everything.

I guess I underestimate the cals in veggies and fruits sometimes, even meats (plain) but that's about it.

I too have been watching calories since about 5th grade :( Makes me sad to think about it! I was about a foot taller and already older than my grade because of the cut off, which only made it worse.
    Up until now I, for whatever reason, resisted the basic concept of counting calories. Maybe I was in denial; I did the pill thing that slowly transistioned to an eating disorder and all the while mixing in trendy fad diets. In theory I knew about the calories in my wine and snacks but my weight didn't budge and I was able to balance it. It was only when I couldn't take off this last 10 from my pregnancy from last year, that I resolved to clean up my eating .My husband and I started our journey just a few days after Christmas. I thought I'd hate logging; the inconvenience, the monotony and the guessing of the portion. But those reasons turned out to be what was holding me back from dropping those lb's. We'd really like to give our lil' one a healthy aspect on nutrition and not use the 'D' word around her - DIET! haha
    Oh and I definetly underestimated the calories in avocados! I still incorporate them but I had no idea how many calories I was consuming in my guacamole and chips! eeks!
    TGIF and your post reminded me that I've been meaning to try a few different protein recipes. Message me some of your mentioned recipes if you've got a sec. :)
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i was shocked when I saw my favorite Red Lobster Restaurant meals are very high in sodium and other things making me fat.

Also Olive Garden.

yeah i enjoy those sometimes.

But wow they have a lot of sodium and fat!