A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That I was told in high school by the guidance counselor I was not college material and to consider beauty school. I rode a skateboard and had "that look"....

I now have a collection of degrees- PhD, Masters, Bachelors, and Associate degrees :)

I have a CHL, tattoo, and grown together toes.

I have been married to my best friend for 23 years and didn't have kids until way, way late in our marriage.

I hate any show or movie with talking animals.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    One of my fields of expertise is sexual assault in prisons, jails, and juvenile facilities.

wait.. like perpetrating them? or analyzing patterns of...

Facility, state, and national level statistics on the incidence, prevalence, and circumstances of...

5b6e79e160decc40e8eca85bc07b897ecdc1091eb475c313fb7f7b1e6159c9fb.jpg

I just snarfed! Yes, it is a very specific skill set.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    My neighbor pays me to run her puggles through the park on the weekends :) lol corporate m-f puggle runner Saturday and Sunday
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    that i dont like to smoke pot
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I think the 1st thing would be that my eldest son turns 24 in May, we look so alike and have been mistaken for brother and sister a fair few times. Then that I have 3 kids surprises people another son of 17 and a 14 year old daughter, then I just casually add my daughter was a natural 11lbs 1oz birth, it's quite funny watching peoples faces on that one.

I have also argued with people who haven't believed I'm in my 40s, I've been accusesd of of being 28-31!!! I don't know why people would think I'd lie about being older.

I also like gaming mainly Skyrim, just don't have the time so much right now, oh and I'm a cross stitcher, I working in a r Wally hardcore piece right now it contains @ 253,000 little x's.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    That I was born blonde with crazy curls. People referred to me as Shirley Temple.

Surely you can't be serious...

Dead serious haha
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

I now have a collection of degrees- PhD, Masters, Bachelors, and Associate degrees :)

Since you have a PhD, you should not mention that you also have a MA, Bachelors and Associate degree. In professional and academic circles it is frowned upon. That is mostly, because it is a given that in order to get a PhD you have to have a Masters and a successful conclusion of Under Graduate School. If you have a PhD, you get no extra points for also having an Associate or Bachelors degree....:o).
  • autotek
    autotek Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    that i got molested at gun point when i was 15 by a teacher.
    was on the news about it nobody believed me until a few years later.
    when he got caught molesting a kid at the beach in the bathroom
    everyone apologized for not believing me
    he got his face blown off with a shot gun
    i over dosed years later cause its hard to live with when i could of just taken the bullet
    so i don't like watching the news cause this stuff happens all the time and it brings back memories
    that's why i dropped out of school the day i turned 16,only have a 9th grade education
    it's been 23 years and this is the first time I've ever wrote about it on the net
    enough said!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I fly airplanes with my dad to relax. He got his instructor's license so he could instruct me for my private pilot's license. He taught me in the same plane his dad used to teach him.

I used to be a church pianist. My best friend used to be the church secretary. Anyone who knows us in real life laughs hysterically when they find out that's how we met. Seriously, they almost pee themselves.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    i over dosed years later cause its hard to live with when i could of just taken the bullet
    so i don't like watching the news cause this stuff happens all the time and it brings back memories
    that's why i dropped out of school the day i turned 16,only have a 9th grade education
    it's been 23 years and this is the first time I've ever wrote about it on the net
    enough said!!

Well this post escalated quickly .. :indifferent:
  • srr728
    Options
    i despise chick flicks
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i know the answers to some of the great mysteries of our time, such as...

1) how many licks does it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
    2) who let the dogs out?
    3) how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

:happy:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm a master snow man builder.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That I can actually get through TSA with no hassles. :laugh:
  • autotek
    Options
    enough said!!

Well this post escalated quickly .. :indifferent:

felt good to get it off my chest,only my close friends in real life know about it and we don't talk about it
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    That I've been married for 21 years.
  • srr728
    Options
    good for you Auto. you survived thru it and I know it's no small feat.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I agree
  • autotek
    Options

thanks not a day goes by without thinking about it
  • autotek
    Options

I agree

thank you