A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I have 2 University degrees (one with a double major) and was offered Honours programs in 3 subject fields at university

I am a locally known artist.

I watch more sport than most of the fellas I know.
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    Spent most of my life in prison
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I work in Mental Health.

I love the outdoors, hiking, geocaching and going off the beaten path with my GPS.

I crave sushi on a daily basis.

I don't like check shirts.

The last one was a lie.
  • smushymushy85
    Options
    I come off as being very aloof due to my debilitating anxiety however I am very friendly and easy to talk to
    I over think everything very analytical and a good listner makes me very good at giving advice

I am almost 30 and have a 9 year old (people always think im very young)

I like big "manly" dogs and partial to bandogges
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    I'm lefthanded
  • msbunnie68
    Options
    Spent most of my life in prison

Regrets?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I don't wear short skirts and haven't in close to a year.
    I think sugar snap peas are disgusting.
    I don't wear makeup most days.
    I like to sew.
    I listen to heavy metal music most of the time, and when I want something less heavy, I listen to punk music.
  • FormerMarine1
    FormerMarine1 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I am a people person!
  • JonDyn
    JonDyn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was both a member of the rugby team and the Drama club
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am retired military and served in both the Navy and Army. Four and a half years ago I suffered a very bad spinal injury which required surgical repair and months of physical therapy. It took me a year to re-learn to walk normally again. My doctors told me to never lift over 75 lbs again, but I decided to return to power lifting anyway. I began lifting again with an empty bar and worked my way up to a 465 lb squat to below parallel despite mobility issues from the injury and permanent sciatic nerve damage.
  • FormerMarine1
    Options
    Thank you for your service!
  • FormerMarine1
    Options
    ALRIGHT on the heavy metal
  • LifterDave
    Options
    Semper Fi Marine. And a big thank you for your service as well.
  • msbunnie68
    Options
    I am retired military and served in both the Navy and Army. Four and a half years ago I suffered a very bad spinal injury which required surgical repair and months of physical therapy. It took me a year to re-learn to walk normally again. My doctors told me to never lift over 75 lbs again, but I decided to return to power lifting anyway. I began lifting again with an empty bar and worked my way up to a 465 lb squat to below parallel despite mobility issues from the injury and permanent sciatic nerve damage.

You have such a vietnam vibe - sorry if that's offensive because it is not meant to be.
  • LifterDave
    Options

You have such a vietnam vibe - sorry if that's offensive because it is not meant to be.
    No offense taken. I am a little young for Vietnam as I entered the Navy in 81 at 18 years old.
  • msbunnie68
    Options

No offense taken. I am a little young for Vietnam as I entered the Navy in 81 at 18 years old.

That'sok...I meant it in more of a doesn't quite fit the mold kind of way...not your AGE as you are only a couple of years older than me! Bit of a rebel with a heart? This is the feeling we have of our vietnam vets here in Australia and the vibe your picture gives is this.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I own thousands of comic books.... I've read every single one of them and then I file them in order according to character, year, and age in a very fancy file so it is easy to find the again. I go to conventions for them. The whole comic book shabang.

I have a thick southern drawl lol

I am a black belt in karate, and taekwondo.
  • LauraFouhse
    LauraFouhse Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm a pastor in Canada's largest protestant denomination
    I'm a lesbian
    I have 5 tattoos
    Recovering alcoholic (21 years sober)
    I'm training for my first triathlon
  • LifterDave
    Options

That'sok...I meant it in more of a doesn't quite fit the mold kind of way...not your AGE as you are only a couple of years older than me! Bit of a rebel with a heart? This is the feeling we have of our vietnam vets here in Australia and the vibe your picture gives is this.
    Thanks for the kind words. I love Australia. I visited Perth/Freemantle for a couple of weeks back in 84. Perth reminded me a lot of San Diego with the climate and beaches.

Rebel with a heart? Yes, I might fit that profile. My family has been hit hard by cancer over the years and between stints in the Navy and Army I grew my hair out and donated 17 1/2 inches to Locks of Love. It is too gray for that organization now, but once I can donate 20 inches I am going to give it to another organization which prefers gray hair for older cancer patients.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I write poetry and am very sensitive.:blushing: