A few things no one would guess by your appearance

Options

Replies

• sillyduckmoose
    sillyduckmoose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have severe social anxiety and subsequently have anxiety attacks.

I do not have my driver's license because of said anxiety. (I do have a learner's permit and I do drive with a licensed driver on occasion. My bf's car is a manual and I just can't get the hang of that damn car. UGH. Frustrates me to no end.)

I've also been told that I'm extremely intimidating but I just don't understand that. I will freely talk to anyone. I LOVE to talk to people. I just don't seriously socialize very well because of my anxiety. Through work, I get asked to several social functions with co-workers but I can't go. I have no reason for this. Just that my mind tells me no.

Didn't have a boyfriend until I was well into college. First kiss at 22 and virginity at 23.

I met my boyfriend online and we've been together/living together for four years this year.

I love horror movies and thrillers. Specifically, crime thrillers. Love me a good psychological thriller (a la Silence of the Lambs..one of my favorite movies)

I inhale those sappy, cheesy romance novels by the dozens. Seriously, if I'm not at work or busy at home, I'm always reading.

^ Because of said reading habits, I'm an extremely fast reader. I can read 4-5 full length novels a day...if I had the time, of course.

I'm extremely stubborn. I don't like being pushed into things. I will dig my heels faster than you can blink.
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm have two granddaughters. I'll be 50 years old next year. I'm a college student.
  • ninacapri14
    Options
    That is so me! People are always saying how innocent I sound/look....little do they know :wink:
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I suffer from anxiety and I love watching foreign TV and Movies.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    bipolar

I have a child that will soon graduate from college

I am the best Galaga player in history

My 5 year old is the **** at Galaga. It blew my mind.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I do not own any firearms of my own, and I mooch ammo off of my buddies.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I know a LOT about cars. Even ASE certified in Parts.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old daughter
    I am a college student
    I have never been married
    I love watching documentaries
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm have two granddaughters. I'll be 50 years old next year. I'm a college student.

You remind me of my own mom-- she is 51-- has 3 granddaughters (14 yrs,12yrs & 1yr) and 2 grandsons (5yrs & 9yrs)-- they all think having a young grandma is the best!!!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I will give you the shirt off of my back and I love the homeless, the elderly and mentally disturbed people. Those are my friends.

I love old people too!! Especially the mentally ill ones. I worked in nursing before having kids and I'm currently majoring in gerontology. I love old people!!

Another thing no one would guess is that I'm a crazy cat lady.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Snakes and lizards do not scare me (I have a healthy respect for them, and don't handle them carelessly or just because I can)- but finding a snake nest is exciting.

Still afraid of spiders though.
  • impemberstar
    impemberstar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i have a 6 inch gap in my abdomen so have to wear bandages to hold my insides IN!

What?! Explanation please! are you refering to a cholostomy bag or something?
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I am very laid back and go with the flow kinda guy... But when the S*** is about to hit the fan, the Marine in me comes out and I am the last person they want to see... :)
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders! I'm a member of MENSA. I'm 65 years old.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    1. I'm a born-again virgin
    2. I have a masters degree
    3. I have 2 daughters and they have me wrapped around their little fingers.
    4. I have NOT dated in 9 years.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I invented "tree ball": A grown woman climbs up a tree, takes a couple of very soft, larger balls and shouts: Tree ball! Fire! And, then lobs the balls at her laughing child.

I sang Donna Summers "Hot Love" to our son as a nightly lullabye.

If I had the talent and could go back in a time machine and be anything, I'd be one of Tina Turner's back-up singers.

I started collecting books for schools without them and with a homeless student population of 25% or more (http://www.facebook.com/BooksFirst) and thus far we've collected 5,000. The photo is one which will appear in the June issue of Better Homes and Gardens about us.
  • impemberstar
    impemberstar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate myself far more than anyone could ever hate me.

Also, I LOVE popping pimples. When i'm bored I watch Youtube videos of people popping pimples and lancing cysts.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm a metalhead... and I'm not talking about A7X/Disturbed/Slipknot types of metal. I like the "cookie monster" types. Deicide, Behemoth, Vader, Cryptopsy, Meshuggah, Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, etc... :P

I am NOT a fan of country music.

I actually like well done romance movies/books.

I'm a gamer. Not the "take over my life" type of gamer, but I play 2-3 times a week for a couple of hours.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I am related to the Wright Brothers!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add one more:

The old lady that used to babysit my brother and me, also babysat ELVIS when he was a kid in Memphis. She lived down the street from him. She had framed pictures of them both and all. :P