Super skinny boyfriend comments on my weight ALL THE TIME

Options

Replies

• lean118
    lean118 Posts: 2
    Options
    My mom weights a good 75 pounds more than my dad, he is really skinny. She tell me he has never ONCE made her feel bad about her weight.

I'd say ditch the 0 and get with a hero!
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Honestly he sounds like a jerk lol. He only comes over to eat your food. And should get a job. Limit his food. Don't let hime eat everything in your house then leave. And don't give him your school food either. You can't live on a 300 calorie meal a day. That's not good at all!
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he is just looking for free food. He comes to your place eats all your food and leaves when there is none? He does the same elsewhere?

It's also easy for him to criticize you when he eats everything and gains nothing. You have to eat to lose weight, not eating is just going to mess up your metabolism worse and make it even harder.

I totally do not see the interest for you to stay with this guy. He sounds like a free-loading jerk. Unless there's some good things about him you're not telling us, but honestly, just those two things are enough kick him to the curb.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Stop feeding him. He might just go away.
    This is great advice.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I think you missed the part where you tell us he's 12. Or possibly 13.
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi

My BF is also really skinny. He only ever puts on weight when he drinks beer often or eats sweets but after a week of not drinking his bloating is gone and he is skinny again. He also EATS a lot! Which is cool, it does bother me that he doesn't put on weight on but hay what can you do. People are different. He is also vegetarian which makes all meal times interesting! When we first met I used to order cheese and random salads cause I felt so bad about eating meat. Haha. He never once mentioned my size or weight until I brought it up. He said "he doesn't see it as an issue". I then opened up to him about my weight and the year of struggles and ups an downs. He was shocked but very supportive. As a skinny kid in a skinny family, he had never had to think about food the way I did. So he became quite aware of when I would fast or binge and would talk to me about it. Now we are at a place that we talk about food a lot. What he eats, what I eat. He has made a conscious effort to be more healthy with me and I try to follow his lead a little. Except when he eats a whole thing of jelly beans, then I grab fruit or water. He doesn't ever comment on my clothes unless to say how stunning they look or how pretty I am. If he comes over an has work the next day he buys his own lunch and often comes to mine with healthy bits and pieces. I'm sure he is trying to convert me to veggie lol. I think your BF maybe doesn't know what a struggle it has been or exactly how it makes you feel. As for eating you out of house and home. Next time he comes over ask him to being some stuff. Like "oh hay, I don't have any milk left or, did you want anything for supper" and if he says yes, ask him to pick some up on the way? Be honest I think that's the key. Just tell him how it makes u feel. He may be the very thing weighing you down most... All the best xxx
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Tell him to take a long walk off a short peir.
  • missySchell
    missySchell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    first of all, it is obvious that he does not respect you what so ever. Sometimes you have to just know when to walk away. You seem like a very intelligent woman, you can do better, whether your 115 pounds or 515 pounds!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    From the way you have replied to these posts it sounds like you really want him out of your life, but for some reason you think he is a sick puppy you need to take care of.

HE IS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

It is his own responsibility that he has enough food to live on, not yours. You should be caring only for yourself (and your cat). Your boyfriend is not your cat. Stop feeding him.

If his relatives are content to keep feeding him so he doesn't have to get a job, that is their problem.

Stop making excuses for him.

Stop feeling guilty for him. You have made it pretty clear that it is his own choice to not have a job and mooch of others.

He is a deadweight loss.

Get rid of him, start concentrating on yourself, join a club, make new friends.

I can tell that a part of you really just wants the other part to dump him. Just do it already. :P

ETA: From the way you talk you seem like an awesome person.
  • romsmom101
    Options
    sounds to me like you should dump the human sponge and concentrate on gettting yourself healthy and happy.

what does this guy actually do for you?

does he help you round the flat?
    does he ever compliment you?
    do you have a loving physical relationship?
    does he make you feel like you have self worth?
    does he contribute in monetary/emotional ways to your relationship?

if you have answered NO to these 5 questions you seriously need to ask yourself why you are with this man.

Elle
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My husband is not a super skinny guy, but he is 6' and very muscular. He also can anything he wants. I am 5' 2" and weigh quite a bit more than you do. My husband tells me every single day how beautiful and sexy I am. He makes me feel amazing about myself even when I don't feel amazing at all. Life is too short to have someone make you feel poorly about yourself. If you sit down and tell him how his comments are hurtful and have a serious conversation about how this is not healthy in a relationship and he doesn't change his ways then you have some serious thinking to do. Is this how you want to have someone make you feel the rest of your life?
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You could lose nearly 120lbs instantly by dumping him
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    He's got an internet dating account?

Seriously? You cannot be serious!!!

I did suspect that you might be a troll... Now I absolutely think I was right.
    That was the last straw for me too.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    He's got an internet dating account?

Seriously? You cannot be serious!!!

I did suspect that you might be a troll... Now I absolutely think I was right.
    That was the last straw for me too.

2e9.gif
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    LOSE THIS JERK ASAP!!!!!!!!!
  • tombetlej
    tombetlej Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    As Dan Savage says: DTMFA
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    By the way, my boyfriend is 5 foot 6 and weighs maybe 130 pounds. He is extremely skinny, and has narrower shoulders than me. And he says he loves how much a weigh and he does not think skinny girls are attractive. He makes me feel good about myself... Your boyfriend sounds mean. I would not want to be with someone who made comments like that.

This^^. My boyfriend is 5'6" and weighs between 115 and 120 lbs. He loves the way I look and tells me so on a regular basis. His support has been one of the biggest motivators for me to get healthier. It sounds like you might want to re-evaluate your relationship.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You need a new boyfriend.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow....Here is something you need to hear:

You are a creator of life. A woman who is cherished, loved and held in high esteem by your Creator.
    You are built different than other woman, because He loves you and knows your greatest potential.

Know this and look at how your boyfriend is treating you. Does he treat you with the respect that you deserve? Does he understand that only one other person has the ability to create life, and He is Diety. Is your boyfriend loving you and supporting you like you deserve?

If not, then move forward. Love him for the time you've had, but release him and allow him the choice of living in misery alone.

Don't give that strength to someone who has his faults and insecurities, bring you lower than your potential.

Recognize your potential and never let anyone take that away. You may not be a size 0, but you are who you are supposed to be, the size you are supposed to be and the woman you were created to be.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'd be dumping this loser ASAP. But first, I'd spend a couple of weeks insulting his body - "ew, you're so scrawny," "did you pick up that box by yourself? how did you manage that without a single muscle on your body?" "look how your hip bones poke out - it's kind of gross," "it's windy today. should I stand behind you in case the wind blows you down?" See how he likes it, THEN dump him.

Ugh, this entire post just pissed me off. After you dump him, you need some therapy. Eating an apple a day is called starving yourself. You might want to consider that you could have some type of eating disorder or BDD. You need to be healthy, not skinny. And you need to accept and love yourself or you'll always be unhappy and in abusive relationships like the current one you're in forever.

Good luck.