I URGE ANYONE WHOS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT TO READ

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    That's hilarious!! I love these bro science scaremongering stories always good for a laugh
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Good thing I drink diet coke....

haha this coming from a website that says bench presses are overrated and you can stop doing them...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    I've read the article and have a question!

What happens if I drink a coke post exercise while glycogen depleted?

This is a trick question BTW, I know the answer.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    The amount of pseudoscience and scaremongering on that site:

5bbfcfad5cd14a0b1882607fa0ce89f953fe6fc71b1eced4d5650e611aa6f9c2.jpg

Or at least give me a time machine, I might get some more intelligent conversation from Homo erectus
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    I especially like the video at the bottom.
    Because it has nothing to do with the fact it's cola. You could do the same thing with plain fizzy water. Because it's the acids that attack the calcium of the egg shell. Put an egg in a cup of vinegar and the same thing happens overnight instead of one year.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Okay slightly more serious answer

there's a huge amount of pseudoscience and scaremongering making people afraid to eat foods that are actually not harmful to them, and won't make them fat either, provided they're consumed with adequate portion control and as part of a healthy, balanced diet.

There's no need to be afraid of coke. Just be aware of how many calories there are in it, log them accurately, stay within your calorie goal and make sure you're getting all the nutrition you need. If you're that worried about sugar spikes, then consume it as part of a meal as the presence of other food in the meal slows down the rate at which sugar gets into the blood.

People with genuine medical issues regarding sugar, e.g. diabetes, should follow their doctor's advice about how much and what kinds of sugars to eat.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Thanks mate. Yeah that article only even comes close to what happens if you get out of bed, to the kitchen and chug half a liter of coke first thing in the morning and don't eat anything for a few hours.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning :flowerforyou:
  • ProactiveElder
    ProactiveElder Posts: 27 Member
    Didn't even bother checking it out--just curious what the ALL CAPS was about!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    lol …so all I need to do is drink a diet coke and I can have a "mini rave" going on inside me…in…for mini raves in my stomach ...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm so happy I went to this article, I was able to find this website that told my I'm eating toxins!!!!!!!

http://101toxicfoodingredients.com/

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I'm so happy I went to this article, I was able to find this website that told my I'm eating toxins!!!!!!!

http://101toxicfoodingredients.com/

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

lol, I glanced at that too ….
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Thank God for diet pepsi!

Also, didn't bother to read the article--pretty sure I knew what it was saying...which is not much...
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Okay slightly more serious answer

there's a huge amount of pseudoscience and scaremongering making people afraid to eat foods that are actually not harmful to them, and won't make them fat either, provided they're consumed with adequate portion control and as part of a healthy, balanced diet.

There's no need to be afraid of coke. Just be aware of how many calories there are in it, log them accurately, stay within your calorie goal and make sure you're getting all the nutrition you need. If you're that worried about sugar spikes, then consume it as part of a meal as the presence of other food in the meal slows down the rate at which sugar gets into the blood.

People with genuine medical issues regarding sugar, e.g. diabetes, should follow their doctor's advice about how much and what kinds of sugars to eat.

My brother said to me the other day, "I can't believe you still drink diet pepsi." In that judgemental tone of voice that said he knew all. Ya know what bro, you take care of your fatty liver problem (which he is doing, and he's developing that annoying 'clean foods only!' persona), and I'll drink my one diet pepsi a day. I didn't bother trying to be rational with him, he needs to learn it himself.

I think what he's doing is projecting his own health issues on me. Fatty liver is scary and painful, I get that, but I don't have that problem, so don't need to eat as restricted as he does. Its not jealousy, he's not the jealous type, he just thinks that he now knows more than me...
  • lol …so all I need to do is drink a diet coke and I can have a "mini rave" going on inside me…in…for mini raves in my stomach ...

^^ Yes, IN CAPS THOUGH! Rave on!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Do you explode?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    stupid theads make me sad.

:frown:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    So disappointed...

I thought maybe this post might contain some really valuable information. Like eat at a moderate caloric deficit and get out and move a little bit and pick up some heavy stuff on occasion.

ETA: But instead I got "COKE IS THE DEVIL".
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Read the list. I was very distracted by all the ads circling the page about the 23 foods that can kill body fat, how having an acidic body can cause your belly fat, and the 4 hormone killing foods to never eat (BEWARE!)

Okay. Rant read, digested, and eliminated.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

This was my favorite. "Yeah, let's compare dopamine release to heroin, to illustrate how dangerous it is!"

Of course your brain also releases dopamine any time you have a good workout, eat something tasty, have sex, etc. But they went right for heroin...wonder why?
    The author has obviously also given up tasty food and sex 'cause heroin...