Replies

• DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    scarface.gif
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    And there you have it folks all the people who know everything and anything all in one spot. What more could you ask for LMFAO!

are you married to lindsey1979?????

OMFG dead
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    4QIrZFJ.gif
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    And there you have it folks all the people who know everything and anything all in one spot. What more could you ask for LMFAO!

And the person who knows nothing but thinks they know everything? Now it's complete.

It's the circle of life.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

ok well these are supported facts if you think its all scare monging blah blah then drink it to your hearts content I don't really care. The fact is coke and post mix syrups are so incredibly bad for you its a joke. Feel free to drink it but as far as somethings say post workout there a million other things that are better for you and the sugar levels in syrup, coke and energy drinks are off the charts. Like I said just pointing out to people who want to lose weight that water is your friend.

Tell me specifically how sugar in soda is worse for you than sugar in fruit. I'm just curious as to the specifics.

The ratios of fructose and glucose are pretty much the same in both fruit and table sugar. Most fruits are 40 to 55 percent fructose (there's some variation: 65 percent in apples and pears; 20 percent in cranberries), and table sugar (aka sucrose) is 50/50. Neither type of sugar is better or worse for you, but your body processes them differently. Fructose breaks down in your liver and doesn’t provoke an insulin response. Glucose starts to break down in the stomach and requires the release of insulin into the bloodstream to be metabolized completely.

For one thing, fruit offers good stuff like vitamins, antioxidants and water, while candy and desserts are nutritionally void. Fruit also tends to have less sugar by volume. Half a cup of strawberries: 3.5 grams of sugar. Half a cup of strawberry ice cream: 15 grams.

Plus, whole fruit has a lot of fiber, which actually slows down your body's digestion of glucose, so you don't get the crazy insulin spike (and subsequent crash) that candy causes. That also means your body has more time to use up glucose as fuel before storing it -- as fat. Even dried fruit, a notoriously sugary treat, has all the fiber and nutrients of its plump forbear. But do watch out for dried fruits with added sugar(check the nutrition label), and don't eat a ton just because they're smaller.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who have common sense enough to understand the implications of refined sugar on the body. yeah sure body loves sugar but not in doses so high that all it can is store it. Like I said drink it I dont care all I drink now is water. Fullstop. Ripped and happy, are you!

If you are in a deficit...dear god. I can't do this. I just can't.
  • rachaelcrump
    rachaelcrump Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    .... you serious bro?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

ok well these are supported facts if you think its all scare monging blah blah then drink it to your hearts content I don't really care. The fact is coke and post mix syrups are so incredibly bad for you its a joke. Feel free to drink it but as far as somethings say post workout there a million other things that are better for you and the sugar levels in syrup, coke and energy drinks are off the charts. Like I said just pointing out to people who want to lose weight that water is your friend.

calorie deficit is your friend for weight loss, period...

Such a simple concept. Why do people insist on making it complicated? Smh.

because no one wants to believe that it really is that easy ...they all want complex studies on how if we eat like our paleo brethren it will take us back to a magical time when there was no disease and everyone was healthy; or they just want a "quick fix"....

Life coaches agree with that. People overcomplicate things as an excuse for not trying.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    tumblr_mukbtvtE3w1szdh8go1_400.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who have common sense enough to understand the implications of refined sugar on the body. yeah sure body loves sugar but not in doses so high that all it can is store it. Like I said drink it I dont care all I drink now is water. Fullstop. Ripped and happy, are you!

Why yes I am. Refined sugars and all.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    260986__UNOPT__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-dash_pinkie-pie_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_animated_image-macro_pinkamena-diane-pie_forum-weapon.gif.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Have a coke and a smile.:smile:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    So the article mentions that Coke rasises your metabolism. A subsequent poster mentions that Fructose does not provoke an insulin response ...

Wouldn't those 2 things combine to make coke the perfect weight loss drink?

h5E7954E7
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Ripped and happy, are you!

43635-charlton-heston-laughing-gif-iOGX.gif
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

Though I didn't know most of this, I'm glad my boys have never had an ounce of pop/soda pass their lips. They've never even asked for it. They prefer water or chocolate soy milk.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Ok i didn't even bother going to the site as after seeing everyones posts it sounds like its not worth it. HOWEVER sodas/coke and all that crap is HORRIBLE for your body. All those chemicals some of which are not fit to even enter the body. Just because the FDA say its safe for human consumption doesn't mean that it is! You want to have a sweet drink then drink a passionfruit juice or prune juice. There are so many sweet alternatives.

Peace

LOL. Prune juice.

I'd love to, but the side effects would be less than fun :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mefchpYBuL1qedb29o1_500.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Though I didn't know most of this, I'm glad my boys have never had an ounce of pop/soda pass their lips. They've never even asked for it. They prefer water or chocolate soy milk.

And when they do ask for it? What happens then?