I URGE ANYONE WHOS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT TO READ

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Ok i didn't even bother going to the site as after seeing everyones posts it sounds like its not worth it. HOWEVER sodas/coke and all that crap is HORRIBLE for your body. All those chemicals some of which are not fit to even enter the body. Just because the FDA say its safe for human consumption doesn't mean that it is! You want to have a sweet drink then drink a passionfruit juice or prune juice. There are so many sweet alternatives.

Peace

LOL. Prune juice.

I'd love to, but the side effects would be less than fun :)

IN...
    for prune juice and what all that wiping does to your *kitten*!
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Though I didn't know most of this, I'm glad my boys have never had an ounce of pop/soda pass their lips. They've never even asked for it. They prefer water or chocolate soy milk.

And when they do ask for it? What happens then?

Answer:
    They grow up and drink it at their friends' houses.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I do believe alot of you are suffering from a severe degree of lack of info if you dont believe what i posted than drink coke all day everyday and see how you go ... Ripped and happy :P

I'm "ripped" and happy. I eat refined sugar. umadbro?

BTW, where can I can i get those dumbbells you have in your pic?

Just use soup cans...They're about the same weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    scarface.gif

look its the OP after drinking one soda...!!
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    and yet what i do find absolutely hilarious is the number of people who gave the article a bad reference that dont even lift LOL good one better luck next weigh in

I didn't even bother to read the article and YES I gave it a bad reference right off the bat, just by looking at the link. Sorry, but if you want to stand behind a good reference don't post an article from a website that is a .com, anyone can buy a .com site and anyone and their dog can go onto the site and write as they wish. You essentially just posted a blog article, that spewed tons of "scientific information" and yet 1, it's not their study, 2 they did not reference any of "their sources" for these findings and 3 no one with any credentials next to their name is anywhere near that article. YOU did it wrong, so don't blame people when they think the article is full of it especially when going to the web site, it is immediately posted with advertisements and pop ups. Next time, search in a .edu or .gov before posting "scientific information".

Now, about the sugars. YES, there is a ton of sugar in soda, YES, soda is bad for you if not done in moderation. <---- you see that word right there? MODERATION! That must be kept in mind for everything, including your precious water. Also, just because you lift, doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than anyone else.... Lifting is not a credential. Don't start bashing others either when in regards to being in shape etc... Obviously, you needed to better yourself fitness wise too, you had to go through a similar journey, so who are you to mock another's path or journey? But, I see how it is. If you were your former self, you would never mock someone's athleticism, but now that your "skinny and/or ripped" (the last part is opinion based, ripped is in the eye of the beholder) you are willing to become the mean girl....err....boy?
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    tumblr_mefchpYBuL1qedb29o1_500.gif
    200_s.gif
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

ok well these are supported facts if you think its all scare monging blah blah then drink it to your hearts content I don't really care. The fact is coke and post mix syrups are so incredibly bad for you its a joke. Feel free to drink it but as far as somethings say post workout there a million other things that are better for you and the sugar levels in syrup, coke and energy drinks are off the charts. Like I said just pointing out to people who want to lose weight that water is your friend.
    Supported facts? OK, then show us the support for these "facts." Haven't found them in my textbooks. Nor have I found anything in pubmed, or Google Scholar. Snopes has an entire section on Coke, but not anything that actually supports your "facts."
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

ok well these are supported facts if you think its all scare monging blah blah then drink it to your hearts content I don't really care. The fact is coke and post mix syrups are so incredibly bad for you its a joke. Feel free to drink it but as far as somethings say post workout there a million other things that are better for you and the sugar levels in syrup, coke and energy drinks are off the charts. Like I said just pointing out to people who want to lose weight that water is your friend.

Tell me specifically how sugar in soda is worse for you than sugar in fruit. I'm just curious as to the specifics.

The ratios of fructose and glucose are pretty much the same in both fruit and table sugar. Most fruits are 40 to 55 percent fructose (there's some variation: 65 percent in apples and pears; 20 percent in cranberries), and table sugar (aka sucrose) is 50/50. Neither type of sugar is better or worse for you, but your body processes them differently. Fructose breaks down in your liver and doesn’t provoke an insulin response. Glucose starts to break down in the stomach and requires the release of insulin into the bloodstream to be metabolized completely.

For one thing, fruit offers good stuff like vitamins, antioxidants and water, while candy and desserts are nutritionally void. Fruit also tends to have less sugar by volume. Half a cup of strawberries: 3.5 grams of sugar. Half a cup of strawberry ice cream: 15 grams.

Plus, whole fruit has a lot of fiber, which actually slows down your body's digestion of glucose, so you don't get the crazy insulin spike (and subsequent crash) that candy causes. That also means your body has more time to use up glucose as fuel before storing it -- as fat. Even dried fruit, a notoriously sugary treat, has all the fiber and nutrients of its plump forbear. But do watch out for dried fruits with added sugar(check the nutrition label), and don't eat a ton just because they're smaller.

so if I take some fiber with my candy bar it would then be equivalent to sugar found in fruit?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Though I didn't know most of this, I'm glad my boys have never had an ounce of pop/soda pass their lips. They've never even asked for it. They prefer water or chocolate soy milk.
    how do you know what they prefer if an ounce has never passed their lips?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Well, I don't do Coke, but here's what happens to your body if you drink Diet Pepsi... while counting calories and strength/body weight training...

34h6fs4.jpg

Your results may vary.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    scarface.gif

After drinking one soda at Christmas.

Scarface_8e9840_749386.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    scarface.gif

After drinking one soda at Christmas.

Scarface_8e9840_749386.jpg

After drinking rum and coke:

564eb129710f90442a3e78dacd753f47.jpg
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

So avoiding "bad" drinks is better than teaching your kids to learn how to limit? Not that I would condone giving young kids soda, but in a few years when they ask for it, how are you going to approach it?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

There is more official "research" about the negative effects of increased soy protein in young males than soda. Just saying.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Was the article referring to the new Coke that failed in the 80s/90s?

bizCoke-can_561891a.jpg

Am I in trouble if I drink the following?

40b1286ca286d94a701437d705a9d897.jpg?itok=EjH-2Iu-

41SH8i1ZunL.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    cool-story-bro-chair-flip_zps4152c58c.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    lol well if 4 of australias IFBB champs shared it cant all bad but hell what would they know they only do for a living
    Lol, this is funny. IFBB champs also use several concoctions of PED's to attain their physiques. Many (like insulin, overuse of GH, high doses of clen, etc.) are much more harmful than a can of coke a day.
    You've been doing this what a year or two seriously and are now an expert? Let me guess you have your own fitness page.:laugh: :laugh:
    At the very least take some educational classes on physiology and nutrition. There's lots in the article that easily cherry picked to make soda sound bad.
    For the record, Pepsi is better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    and yet what i do find absolutely hilarious is the number of people who gave the article a bad reference that dont even lift LOL good one better luck next weigh in

Do you? Those are some brutal...what...30 lb DBs you got there.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    bwahahahahah!!!

I love this one best: "Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way."

it's also the same way that orgasms work. and the "runners high". and some foods (including chocolate). and seeing someone you love after a long time. upping dopamine happens a LOT.

but clearly coke = heroin.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    lol well if 4 of australias IFBB champs shared it cant all bad but hell what would they know they only do for a living
    LOL

Arnold Schwarzenegger's post workout drink was a pitcher or two of beer. And besides, bodybuilders LOVE insulin spikes. That's why they inject themselves with insulin. Sugar + Protein + Insulin = bigger muscles.

Please, if you're going to argue a point, try using actual data, and not logical fallacies.