I URGE ANYONE WHOS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT TO READ

Options

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who have common sense enough to understand the implications of refined sugar on the body. yeah sure body loves sugar but not in doses so high that all it can is store it. Like I said drink it I dont care all I drink now is water. Fullstop. Ripped and happy, are you!
    Your body doesn't store anything if it's not above maintenance caloric intake.
    Also, yes thank you I'm getting ripped and am very happy.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Ripped and happy, are you!
    Nope, but that's not my goal, either. Effing strong as an ox and happy is my goal. I'm good.

I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I eat my vegetables and eat enough protein. If cokes (diet in my case, because I prefer not to drink my calories) make me happy, Imma drink 'em. 100% of people born die. Gonna feel pretty stupid lying in a hospital dyin' of nothin'.

Don't want to drink cokes? Knock yourself out.

Oh, and about those supported facts? You're the one making the claim; it's incumbent upon you to provide the peer-reviewed research.
  • webneb
    webneb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    and yet what i do find absolutely hilarious is the number of people who gave the article a bad reference that dont even lift LOL good one better luck next weigh in
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    The amount of pseudoscience and scaremongering on that site:

5bbfcfad5cd14a0b1882607fa0ce89f953fe6fc71b1eced4d5650e611aa6f9c2.jpg

Or at least give me a time machine, I might get some more intelligent conversation from Homo erectus

You...I like you!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It's coming from a guy who is ripped and happy and the rest of us DEL. Sounds legit.

giphy.gif
  • stevencloser
    Options
    and yet what i do find absolutely hilarious is the number of people who gave the article a bad reference that dont even lift LOL good one better luck next weigh in
    Who're you even talking to?
    Besides, most people here explained why this whole article is bull**** already.
  • webneb
    Options
    ok cool drink coke as much as you want i couldnt care im doing for people who have an interest
  • stevencloser
    Options
    Ok, cool, don't drink coke, that's fine too. What's not okay is claiming everyone else who explained their reasoning is wrong "because."
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Read this while drinking a Pepsi. Uh oh...

tumblr_mad7h6yZNA1rpb80d.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Really? I'm just going to straight up compare this to the girl who everyone told her she was wrong so she resorted to calling everyone else less smart than her because she had a BS in biology in genetics.

I lifted this morning. No, my muscles aren't as big as yours, but I don't have as much testosterone and you've likely been lifting longer than I have. And I really don't want to be ripped. I would like to squat my body weight and deadlift 1.5x my body weight, but that should come in time.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    OP you really don't seem very happy.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

...and now you're lashing out and insulting people simply for calling you on the uninformed scaremongering nonsense you posted.

lulz. :laugh:

i foresee either a ragequit or a "why is everybody so mean and rude?" thread in your near future.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    ok cool drink coke as much as you want i couldnt care im doing for people who have an interest

temper-tantrum-o.gif
  • webneb
    Options
    lol well if 4 of australias IFBB champs shared it cant all bad but hell what would they know they only do for a living
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

You're so new here that it's almost cute. Almost. The amount of "ripped" people on this site that drink coke, and enjoy all manner of refined sugars, is higher than you seem to think it is.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I do believe alot of you are suffering from a severe degree of lack of info if you dont believe what i posted than drink coke all day everyday and see how you go ... Ripped and happy :P

I'm "ripped" and happy. I eat refined sugar. umadbro?

BTW, where can I can i get those dumbbells you have in your pic?
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    OP you really don't seem very happy.

^^ +1
  • stevencloser
    Options
    lol well if 4 of australias IFBB champs shared it cant all bad but hell what would they know they only do for a living
    And olympic gold medal winners go regularly to mcdonalds. What's your point? Someone who is buff is not an expert in nutrition.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you look at a lot of people who used to be bodybuilders, they usually admit they had eating disorders while building. They usually don't even try to claim to have a healthy relationship with food, especially on strong cuts just prior to a competition (nevermind the sugar gorging right before comp so that muscles swell and pop).

And at least I can use the quote button. :flowerforyou:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I could go for a good dopamine release.