Supportive friends in the 40's and above

Options

Replies

• carpe_vinum
    carpe_vinum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    YES! This is perfect; let's do this together.
  • Djnaz68
    Djnaz68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This is no longer an option for me if I wish to continue to walk so I need to divorce myself from a minimum of 50 lbs! I'm gonna need help doin' that!
  • 3mmmc
    3mmmc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I AM JUST GETTING STARTED AND COULD USE SOME SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS FOR THE JOURNEY TOO. I HAVE SOME WEIGHT TO LOSE SO I WILL BE HERE DAILY. ADD ME SO WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER. I SOUND LIKE I'M RUNNING FOR OFFICE! LOL! WHAT CAN I SAY I NEED THIS THOUGH. AND FOR ANY OF THE OVER 40 CROWD, DOESN'T THE ALL CAPS MAKE IT EASIER TO SEE? LOL!
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am here everyday! :)
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Im in maintenance but anyone is welcome to add me. Im on here everday logging food and usually helping my friends :smile:
  • jamilt
    jamilt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will be 47 in a few months...You can add me as well..Trying to drop some lb's..
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    43 here ...I log everyday ...........anyone is more than welcome to add me .........wishing everyone much success :smile:
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi I saw your post. I also was very thin and fit til menopause when I gained 100 lbs. I am trying to lose 60. Feel free to add me as a friend also!
  • jajsmom
    jajsmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok. Was trying to add friends in their 40's but my computer is so slow and it's taking too long. If anyone wants to friend me, please do. 41 yr old, mom of 6 trying to get some motivation to lose my last 5 lbs and tone up. Thanks
  • Starrlynn92
    Starrlynn92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is 39 close enough? Lol i need some friends that are in my same boat to help keep me encouraged and vice versa....I'm closer to 40 than not and need to lose almost 100 pounds. :)
  • Seabrook22
    Seabrook22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and need to lose 48 lbs. Would love to join your group!
  • miss_sassy35
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would love to receive support and encouragement and in return reciprocate it!! I'm 41 and desperately trying to lose 25 lbs and also maintain the weight loss. I'm not fond of exercise nor does it come natural for me but I realize its healthy and good for me. Please feel free to add me.

Ms Sassy
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me :happy: Because I also started up again and I know that I am going to get to my goal this time. I also have about 80 pounds to lose. I will be 44 this year. I have always struggled with my weight my whole life. Which I have decided recently I am going to make my dreams come true this year. We can do this :bigsmile:
  • maryyerkes
    maryyerkes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for more friends too, and can always use the motivation & support. I'm 40, have lost about 40 lbs with MFP over the past year, but have at least another 40 to go. I don't always post a lot, but I log in every day, and give lots of "likes" and try to be supportive! :) Good luck to everyone on your journeys!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me! smile
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me for support and friendship!
  • mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 43 and 30 lbs to lose.
  • rhonda6373
    Options
    Hi, I am 43 and need to lose around 80 pounds. Feel free to add me -- I am active on the site quite a bit.
  • Barro627
    Barro627 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dear Friend,
    We are on the same journey and I would like to share four tools that have the ability to ensure our success:

1. A definable, written need to change.
    2. A fact based plan that we can believe in and work daily.
    3. A focus more powerful than any negativity we encounter.
    4. A heart felt vision that we see, feel and rehearse daily.

Watch the video- Eat Fast and Live Longer by Dr Michael Mosley.

No companies to join, no products to buy. Just incredible results
    based on wide-ranging scientific research.

I hope that you find this film as valuable as I have. It's a life changer...changed mine. I'm over 30lbs down, feeling great, with all vitals back to normal.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the trail,
    All the best,
    Barry
  • jenm0611
    jenm0611 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 42, 43 in August and I have had some physical issues lately (car accident so dr told me no exercise). I am also post menopausal, I had a hysterectomy at 36 and was just taken off of hormone supplements about 4 months ago. Since January I have gained 20 pounds because of the inability to exercise and being an emotional eater. I have also been really bored so food just was "there". I would love to have some support from people my age and be able to support others as well