RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRR

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I feel this way about running! When I was a normal weight, I could run *forever*

I'd never get tired, my mind would be in a different plane of existence (runners high?) and my body felt like a machine.

I can't wait to get back to that feeling again.

I feel the same way. I love getting into the zone when I am running... It's my time to figure stuff out, and feel incredible. I love getting to a point where it's also a bit of mind over matter, when I have to train myself to overcome the limits my body wants to set o nme. I can't wait until it thaws a bit more here so I can get back out on the road (cuz... well I'm a cold weather pansy).

I also hurt my hip and have been easing my way back into things... I can skip and squat and box... but still can't run without pain.

:cheers:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    What makes me RRRRAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is the same...

My first 200lb DL made me literally roar ...I scared the kittehs....hehe

I love being able to squat my Bodyweight (159)

I love that my husband started lifting again because he knows I can squat/DL more than he can and we are Benching the same...

I love I can do chinups

I love that my man child aka son told me something was heavy and he grunted and groaned as he lifted it and when I did it was like "really????:noway: "

Oh I love those socks too...I could only find them with strips up top and argyle...

ETA: my husband loves what squats have done to my bum...so much he's not grabbing the girls half as much anymore....:sad:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I love doing this:

37e8ead8-e62a-48a7-9b0b-1ff07ca6451f_zps7fe0e41e.jpg

fd35ea4a-a4c0-444a-86d9-afc7ace2ab56_zps6054aa4a.jpg

and eating this:

e3943794-2d38-4c6c-9aeb-912f79af999b_zpsfda80b1b.png

you are one of my MFP Heroines! :smooched: And HELLO ICE CREAM! YUM!
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This post pretty well sums up how I felt after my squat session on Monday.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I confess... I am new to lifting. I build a squat rack and am slowly adding weights. I finally scored 200 pounds of weight off Kijiji... so THE GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON! lol

My heavy lifting may be light for some, and heavy for others... but the fact is that I am increasing the weight, and getting stronger.
    :-D

And while I may look like this when I'm flexing...
    5606a208-cbb8-4ebf-88f1-279d34f12fc0_zps8472047c.jpg

Most people see this...
    179d5171-f15c-4baa-bf81-38d9fe4743cb_zpsdc7c5400.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This is how I feel when I go to my heavy bag class. For 30 minutes I feel like an invincible badas*.

I love these pics... but OMG, I'd be so cold in that outfit. *shiver* At least below the knees are warm ;-)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    HOLY LEGS AND *kitten*!! :love:

Err, I mean good job Mirey, you are totally doing the right thing for your health and bones and stuff :flowerforyou:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! (And your socks are even more awesomer :P).

I recently discovered that I love to lift :D. I also like cycling and can't wait for when I can bike outside again!

It's amazing to feel strong and powerful. The first time I felt, and then started to see, muscle definition I was so psyched. It's addictive and now I want more!

BTW I love your dress!
  • Otterluv
    Options
    I love doing this:

DwLQ5Q2.gif

and eating this:

FIFY
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    This is how I feel when I go to my heavy bag class. For 30 minutes I feel like an invincible badas*.

I love these pics... but OMG, I'd be so cold in that outfit. *shiver* At least below the knees are warm ;-)

These pics are in my basement, and I often do a set where I start off running, then do weights and box in between my sets. I get very hot running, and then the boxing keeps the heart rate and temps going.

I keep a sweater jacket downstairs if I start to cool off during the lifts... but so far, I haven't needed it. :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I love doing this:

DwLQ5Q2.gif

and eating this:

FIFY

Otter, you ROCK! Thanks for adding Sara's gif in here!!! (GOD I LOVE YOU LADIES!)
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You gals are so inspiring, so strong and look so awesome! I wish I LOVED to lift heavy. I do it anyway because I know I need to, but I just don't love it and I wish I did because it would definitely make it more fun! I think if I had a buddy, I would like it more, but if feels more like a chore right now. I could, however, swim, bike, walk my pups in the mountain and punch a bag forever. Love, love, love, swimming the most!
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this! I just started lifting about two months ago, so I'm still a newbie, but I love the feeling of conquering a fear or a higher weight and not just showing myself I can be physically strong, but mentally as well.

Today was my first day lifting completely alone, usually I go with a gym buddy. I was freaking out at the idea of going into the weight section all alone, but I did it, killed my workout and you pretty much described my feelings after!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Oh I love this! I just started lifting about two months ago, so I'm still a newbie, but I love the feeling of conquering a fear or a higher weight and not just showing myself I can be physically strong, but mentally as well.

Today was my first day lifting completely alone, usually I go with a gym buddy. I was freaking out at the idea of going into the weight section all alone, but I did it, killed my workout and you pretty much described my feelings after!

Cmon now... RRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWRRRR

that is SO AWESOME. I'm still a wee bit chicken in the weights section of the gym. At the boxing club - not scared... but at the gym... yeah not so brave.

YOU ROCK!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    In.

:happy:
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Here is one of my heroes, NZDeeva, looking HAWT AS HELL!

rvX00ip.gif

This is an old one, I'm smaller now and the weights are a bit heavier :flowerforyou:

Aqxoqto.gif

Also my form is better now.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    IN for INspiration! :drinker:
    Wow Ladies......you ROCK!!

I actually RAWRED yesterday while doing deadlifts and pushups.
    (And even though I was alone in the garage, I still looked around like someone could hear me.)

After having twig-like arms for most of my life, pushups make me feel awesome! :happy:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

FIFY

:flowerforyou:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Lifting is like my spouse: I love it to death, love what it does for me, but sometimes its a chore, and sometimes it's painful. It takes effort and dedication to make it work.

Krav Maga (Israeli martial arts) is like my love affair: Hot, passionate, bruising, physical, RRRAAAWWWRRR indeed.

Running is like having a special needs child: It's rewarding, but only after a lot of time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears.

ETA: You are awesome and your pics are awesome. Gotta love the first time you put the 25s on the bench :-p
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring!