RRRRAAAAAWWWWWRRRR

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Just figured I'd put this out there, ya know, in case no one figured it out by now.

I LOVE being strong. I LOVE being muscular. I love the look of muscle definition, and striations, and just "ripped" in general.

I love the way I feel when I push a heavy weight off my chest, or squat with one on my shoulders.
    6b1bd4e4-a213-4c4f-a672-617383745fa9_zpseee35bc5.jpg4825d21c-7414-4ce2-9567-9e3b136839aa_zps52871aa5.jpg

I love the way it feels to drive my fist into a heavy bag, and hear the sound of the smack.
    5b4adc63-0e57-4bf0-be3f-a9fff45dd2d5_zps432b77e5.jpg

I love the way it feels to sweat like crazy after a long run, or how my shirt gets soaked during boxing.
    I love it all! It may not be for you.

BUT MY GOD! IT IS TOTALLY FOR ME!

but you know what? I totally didn't know it would be... until I tried it. *hint* *hint*

Disclaimer: what I like, may NOT be what you like. Even though I am promoting what I like... it doesn't mean I am DEmoting what YOU like. So don't think that I am. Kthxbye

And now that I've RRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRd... it's your turn! What is it that you love? What gets you RAWRing? :D

I love being strong enough to do farm work, haying, loading and unloading and stacking bales, I love being able to do what my husband ( diabetic, with neuropathy and balance problems) can't do anymore. I am no longer bringing in a paycheck ( retired), so I love being useful on the farm any way I can.
    ...but I would ABSOLUTELY HATE to be cut, ripped, have visible muscles, visible abs, or a thigh gap. That's not the way I want to look. (Fine for those who like that, just not for me. I'm curvy. I don't WANT to look like a fitness buff).
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My last raaaaawrrr moment

wWL20KDl.jpg

Best part was sharing it with my daughters.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love to lift. If it's a lifting day I look forward to it all day long. I've only been doing it for a few months now but already I can see the changes in my body. Some day I want to look like you :smile:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I love being strong enough to do farm work, haying, loading and unloading and stacking bales, I love being able to do what my husband ( diabetic, with neuropathy and balance problems) can't do anymore. I am no longer bringing in a paycheck ( retired), so I love being useful on the farm any way I can.
    ...but I would ABSOLUTELY HATE to be cut, ripped, have visible muscles, visible abs, or a thigh gap. That's not the way I want to look. (Fine for those who like that, just not for me. I'm curvy. I don't WANT to look like a fitness buff).

I totally respect that :flowerforyou:

I know that not everyone wants to look like me... And that my goal and your goals are different.

I love that you have your RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRR moment in recognizing your strengths, and that you are happy with who you are. Congratulations on that... Because many haven't reached that place where they have met their goals (aesthetically or strength wise)!

And before people consider ripping into you for the fact that you would ABSOLUTELY HATE to have a ripped body like mine... (which I can totally foresee happening - I know these forums) I hope people realize that I don't see what you said as being insulting. Just like I would imagine you wouldn't be insulted if I said that I would ABSOLUTELY HATE to have a body like yours.

It is a really good thing to know what we want for ourselves, and seek that out, and be respectful to allowing others to choose and pursue their goals... And not only that, but cheer them on along the way. :smile:

That said... I wouldn't ABSOLUTELY HATE to have a body like yours. I would still be actively working to ensure I was a healthy weight and that I was strong... which is what I imagine you are doing too. :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

I totally respect that :flowerforyou:

I know that not everyone wants to look like me... And that my goal and your goals are different.

I love that you have your RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRR moment in recognizing your strengths, and that you are happy with who you are. Congratulations on that... Because many haven't reached that place where they have met their goals (aesthetically or strength wise)!

And before people consider ripping into you for the fact that you would ABSOLUTELY HATE to have a ripped body like mine... (which I can totally foresee happening - I know these forums) I hope people realize that I don't see what you said as being insulting. Just like I would imagine you wouldn't be insulted if I said that I would ABSOLUTELY HATE to have a body like yours.

It is a really good thing to know what we want for ourselves, and seek that out, and be respectful to allowing others to choose and pursue their goals... And not only that, but cheer them on along the way. :smile:

That said... I wouldn't ABSOLUTELY HATE to have a body like yours. I would still be actively working to ensure I was a healthy weight and that I was strong... which is what I imagine you are doing too. :)

I guess what I don't get isn't that she doesn't want a ripped body, it's that she felt the need to bring it up in what was otherwise a positive thread (and not for the first time, I knew what I was about to read the second I saw "hay bales.")

THis.gif
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I guess what I don't get isn't that she doesn't want a ripped body, it's that she felt the need to bring it up in what was otherwise a positive thread (and not for the first time, I knew what I was about to read the second I saw "hay bales.")

THis.gif

Hehe, yes... She could have simply shared that her RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRR moment is having the strength to do all those things, and being happy with what she sees in the mirror. And it would have been a perfect contribution
    :)

But... Um.... Maybe she's new to forum etiquette? Hmmmmm?
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Running up 14,000ft mtns in Colorado. When your up there totally alone, man it's awesome! Totally zone out everything in your life and enjoy the outdoors.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    OP... i feel you there. Didn't think i'd ever love cardio... and though it's tough, i'm starting to love it... especially after when i'm sweating! :) I'll try weights some day, when i have time to get to a gym! (i have a treadmill at home haha)
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Jogging used to do that for me, but after I made my already injured ankle worse with it I have to skip it. :ohwell:

Alternatively, now I'm getting into some body weight exercises and I'm starting to really love push ups! :heart:
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    My last raaaaawrrr moment

wWL20KDl.jpg

Best part was sharing it with my daughters.

THAT is something I want to learn how to do.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    In for rrrraaaaawwwwwrrrrs,mashed potatoes and ice cream :drinker:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

THis.gif

Hehe, yes... She could have simply shared that her RRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRR moment is having the strength to do all those things, and being happy with what she sees in the mirror. And it would have been a perfect contribution

I SAID that was a fine goal for those who wanted it. Why should anyone care that I don't personally want to look muscular? I was in no way insulting. Those who want to look ripped/cut/whatever you want to call it, have fun, hope it works great. I don't need to join those aspirations myself.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You're a classy lady, Mirey. :wink:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

THis.gif

I SAID that was a fine goal for those who wanted it. Why should anyone care that I don't personally want to look muscular? I was in no way insulting. Those who want to look ripped/cut/whatever you want to call it, have fun, hope it works great. I don't need to join those aspirations myself.

the point is that you don't have to utter every inane thought that pops into your mind. for example, social convention tells us that when a co-worker shows you a picture of their baby, you don't exclaim "Ack! that's a damned ugly baby!!". you simply smile and nod your approval to your co-worker and keep your thoughts about how ugly their baby really is, in your head and unvoiced.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    You're a classy lady, Mirey. :wink:
    So much this! And germane to the topic...
    422162_602x602.jpg
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My Rrrrraaaaawwwwrrr Moment lately was kicking *kitten* (in my way) at my last half marathon. It was my second fastest time and 14 minutes faster than the previous year on the same course. I want to be able to do the same this year so I have incorporated more lifting....Plus that way I can look as ripped as I did in High School :glasses: :happy:

Also I'm hoping my next Rrrrraaaawwrr Moment will be My half marathon but not just in time, but in size....it's a week before my sister's wedding and I'm hoping to have lost 2 dress sizes by then. I'm okay with not dropping the lbs but the flub needs to go.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I LOVE what you love.......although I suspect my garage is a wee bit colder than yours :(
  • MireyGal76
    Options

THis.gif

Oh come now, surely you aren't that blind to see the impact of using the words "absolutely hate" (in caps no less) to express your opinion of the body type that I (and so many others on this site have).

Sure it's not YOUR preferred body type. No one here said it should be. But you are either someone who enjoys creating drama and feigning ignorance, or are just blissfully unaware of the impact of your word choice.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

THis.gif

SourGrapesAward.jpg

Thou does protest too much.

Achieving those aspirations takes a lot of work. Your voiced disdain is unnecessary and distasteful.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel this way about running! When I was a normal weight, I could run *forever*

I'd never get tired, my mind would be in a different plane of existence (runners high?) and my body felt like a machine.

I can't wait to get back to that feeling again.

THIS! I am working my way toward that goal as well.