Simply Right - Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg, 1 ea 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Aldi-Beaumont Coffee - Breakfast Blend, 2 tbsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Aldi (Friendly Farms) - Half & Half, 4 Tbsp (30ml) 80 2 6 2 30 0
    Sweet Additions (Aldi) - Stevia on the Go, 0.3 ML 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Quick Tools 160 4 12 4 60 0
    Morning Snack 9-12
    Bigalow - Earl Grey Tea, 1 teabag (8 oz) 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Gnc Acidophilus Probiotic Complex 1 Billion Cfu - Probiotic Complex, 2 Tablet 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Quick Tools 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Lunch Noon
    Quick Tools
    Afternoon 1-4
    Mcdonald's - Mcdouble (No Bun, No Ketchup), 3 Sandwich 690 9 51 54 1,590 3
    Mcdonalds - Habanero Ranch Sauce, 0.08 oz 8 1 1 0 15 0
    Reese's - Peanut Butter Cup, 3 cup (21g) 300 33 18 6 225 0
    Quick Tools 998 43 70 60 1,830 3
    Dinner 5-7
    Aldi Parkview - Beef Smoked Sausage, 4.6 OZ 437 5 39 16 1,265 0
    Quick Tools 437 5 39 16 1,265 0
    Late Snack 8-
    Baskin Robbins - Butter Pecan Ice Cream - 1 Scoop No Toppings, 1 scoop in a cup 180 75 100 3 35 0
    Crock Pot - Chicken Carnitas, 8 oz (112g) 280 0 8 50 80 0
    Generic - Iceberg Lettuce - Looked Up on Web, 234 grams 33 7 0 3 23 3
    Aldi Happy Farms - Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1/4 c (28g) 110 1 9 7 180 0
    Highland - Sour Cream, 2 Tbsp 60 1 5 1 15 0
    Burman's - All Natural Hot Sauce Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, 1 tsp (5mL) 0 0 0 0 180 0
    Quick Tools 663 84 122 64 513 3

: Wednesday, March 26, 2014
    Breakfast 6-9 Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Aldi-Beaumont Coffee - Breakfast Blend, 2 tbsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Aldi (Friendly Farms) - Half & Half, 6 Tbsp (30ml) 120 3 9 3 45 0
    Quick Tools 120 3 9 3 45 0
    Morning Snack 9-12
    Quick Tools 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Lunch Noon
    Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Vanilla 355ml (12 oz), 710 ml/1 can 0 0 0 0 70 0
    Quick Tools 0 0 0 0 70 0
    Afternoon 1-4
    Generic - Crockpot Pork Carnitas, 6.28 oz 236 2 11 31 220 0
    Kraft - Natural Cheese - Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, 1/8 cup (28g) 55 0 5 3 85 0
    Highland - Sour Cream, 2.46 Tbsp 74 1 6 1 18 0
    Aldi's Happy Harvest - Cut Green Beans Drained and Rinsed, 1 container (1 4/5 cup (120g) ea.) 70 14 0 0 1,015 7
    Quick Tools 435 17 22 35 1,338 7
    Dinner 5-7
    Generic - Crockpot Pork Carnitas - Caveman Keto, 7.55 oz 400 0 14 12 0 0
    Sam's Club-Bakers and Chefs - Natural Shredded Mild Chedder Cheese, 1/6 cup 55 1 5 4 90 0
    Highland - Sour Cream, 2 Tbsp 60 1 5 1 15 0
    Aldi's Happy Harvest - Cut Green Beans Drained and Rinsed, 2 container (1 4/5 cup (120g) ea.) 140 28 0 0 2,030 14
    Kerrygold - Pure Irish Butter Salted, 1 tbsp 100 0 11 0 100 0
    Quick Tools 755 30 35 17 2,235 14
    Late Snack 8-
    Captain Morgan - Original Spiced Rum (35%), 4.25 oz 255 2 0 0 0 0
    Pepsi - Diet Pepsi Vanilla 355ml (12 oz), 710 ml/1 can 0 0 0 0 70 0
    Generic - Aldis Fully Cooked Bacon, 3 slices 80 0 6 5 320 0
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom - No Sugar Added Light Ice Cream Double Strawberry, 1 cup 180 38 5 6 130 6
    Quick Tools 515 40 11 11 520 6

Not sure where the huge salad is...or what i am misinterperting.

I only looked at this week. Sunday to today.

I told you you wouldn't like it.. I didn't mis represent you. What i wrote is what is in your diary.

Paleoomg.. sugar coated vegetables..that's what caramelized is.. sorry.. I don't count that.. I can accept that others do.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Wait. Vegetables only count as Vegtables if they're prepared in an approved manner? :huh: So what are they if not cooked in an approved manner? Fruit? Meat? Diary?

Inquiring minds and all that.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    If you don't consider cooked onions to the point of carmelization to be vegetables, then there is no point in me even attempting to have a conversation with you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Paleoomg.. sugar coated vegetables..that's what caramelized is.. sorry.. I don't count that.. I can accept that others do.

Wait wait. So something ceases to be a vegetable if it you coat it with sugar?

What if you eat a vegetable, and then eat some sugar? Does the post-vegetable sugar neutralize the vegetable?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    If you don't consider cooked onions to the point of carmelization to be vegetables, then there is no point in me even attempting to have a conversation with you.

You're better off not attempting to have a conversation with her, I assure you. Her advice and analysis are simply wrong.
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options

I am exercising 2-3 times a week, maybe more, and I'm about to start lifting once a week again.

I try to cook healthy, large, high protein dinners I can eat throughout the week. I do notice a pattern that when I have my favorite dishes on hand in the fridge (pork and chicken carnitas, with lettuce, cheese and sour cream) I feel much more satisfied and full and nourished.

I do want to:

Lose slowly, and lift because I know this is why my skin isn't all saggy already.

Exercise out doors in a practical fitness style.

Have a diet comprised primarily of veggies, fruit, meat, eggs, nuts, tea, coffee and dairy.

Have my vices like booze and chocolate once a week bare minimum.

Have a diet and lifestyle surrounding it that is realistic and practical that I can carry on for the long term and use forever, on that I'm satisfied and happy with, and one I feel good about, that makes me feel good.

Cook large meals that I can eat throughout the week for maximum satisfaction for my goals.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I do not want to:

Restrict calories to the point of misery, then giving up.

Binge.

Isn't this what we all want? Minimal exercise and to have beer and chocolate and cheese every week and still lose weight?
  • hmontigney
    hmontigney Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I found that when I increased my protein from 15% to 25% I was feeling more satiated, less likely to binge, and I didn't feel the need to snack as much. It took a while to relearn how to plan my meals and snacks so that I could fit that much protein in a day, but it really helped with the symptoms you're talking about.

I did this as well. I've incorparted more protein in my diet, allowing me to feel fuller throughout the day. I know what it's like to diet and feel like you're starving yourself. The longer I'm here (MFP), the more I learn from other users. Adding more protein made a HUGE difference for me but you still have to have the defecit. No defecit, no weight loss.
  • Achrya
    Options

What if you eat a vegetable, and then eat some sugar? Does the post-vegetable sugar neutralize the vegetable?

This is crushing for me; I have recently found that that carrots are actually not bad when cooked into a sweet dish instead of a savory one. I was like "finally, another veggie that doesn't taste like dirt!"

And now I learn it's not actually a vegetable.Why even bother?

glazed_carrots.jpg
  • jonnythan
    Options

I am exercising 2-3 times a week, maybe more, and I'm about to start lifting once a week again.

I try to cook healthy, large, high protein dinners I can eat throughout the week. I do notice a pattern that when I have my favorite dishes on hand in the fridge (pork and chicken carnitas, with lettuce, cheese and sour cream) I feel much more satisfied and full and nourished.

I do want to:

Lose slowly, and lift because I know this is why my skin isn't all saggy already.

Exercise out doors in a practical fitness style.

Have a diet comprised primarily of veggies, fruit, meat, eggs, nuts, tea, coffee and dairy.

Have my vices like booze and chocolate once a week bare minimum.

Have a diet and lifestyle surrounding it that is realistic and practical that I can carry on for the long term and use forever, on that I'm satisfied and happy with, and one I feel good about, that makes me feel good.

Cook large meals that I can eat throughout the week for maximum satisfaction for my goals.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I do not want to:

Restrict calories to the point of misery, then giving up.

Binge.

Isn't this what we all want? Minimal exercise and to have beer and chocolate and cheese every week and still lose weight?

You would think so, but apparently few people want to. They think they have to suffer and punish themselves by never eating anything that actually tastes good.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options

This is crushing for me; I have recently found that that carrots are actually not bad when cooked into a sweet dish instead of a savory one. I was like "finally, another veggie that doesn't taste like dirt!"

glazed_carrots.jpg

Carmelizing an onion does not mean adding sugar. You cook it in a pan and it naturally does that yummy transformation called carmelization.

I think when I get home I'm going to go take a picture of myself in a clown costume and log onto MFP with a new account called ConfusedSoMuch and tell people that vegetables aren't vegetables. This guy is having way more fun than us!

:laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You don't have to agree with me. I know what works for me. Along with my big salad. I make stir fry alot along with a salad. (stir fry is like a heated up salad, so that's like eating 2 salads for dinner lol) Why? because i'm hungry and I want to eat a lot. 2 apples and 1.56oz of peanut butter, while not bad for you. Is hardly satisfying or filling but they sure do pack a big calorie punch. I could eat a ton of food for those 400ish calories.

I'm not suffering or punishing myself with food or lack thereof. I just know that if I chose to eat the sugar coated things, if I chose to eat the ice cream. I'm not going to lose weight and i'm going to be hungry again soon.

Someone did the exact same thing to me that i just did to you and I had the exact same reaction as you, only they were much much meaner and even messaged me to continue beating me up. I eventually came around. Maybe you will too.

It's fine to ignore that what I said is right, until you find out for yourself. It figures the one line about caramelized onions would be the one everyone picks apart. lol. Love the forums.

eta.. ah and you are right.. caramelized onions have no sugar on them. So I would count them as a serving of vegetable. I was thinking more along the lines of vegetable that are actually covered in sugar or salt and cooked. Ah i mis spoke. My bad. I'm sure people will rail on that one statement forever. It's ok.
  • Achrya
    Options

glazed_carrots.jpg

Carmelizing an onion does not mean adding sugar. You cook it in a pan and it naturally does that yummy transformation called carmelization.

I think when I get home I'm going to go take a picture of myself in a clown costume and log onto MFP with a new account called ConfusedSoMuch and tell people that vegetables aren't vegetables. This guy is having way more fun than us!

:laugh:

I do realize that caramelzing an onion doesn't mean adding sugar (Nothing like some onions and shrooms with a nice steak, right? Right) I was just making a joke. Obviously the onions (and those carrots) are still very much vegtables. Putting them into things or covering them in things doesn't make them not what they are.

I can honestly say I've never heard anything so off the wall before.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Nope. I don't count them as a serving of vegetable. I count them as sugar. I don't care what your view on sugar is, good or bad or one kind is good or one kind is bad. You don't have to agree with me. I know what works for me. I will eat caramelized onions on occasion. Along with my big salad. I make stir fry alot along with a salad. (stir fry is like a heated up salad, so that's like eating 2 salads for dinner lol) Why? because i'm hungry and I want to eat a lot. 2 apples and 1.56oz of peanut butter, while not bad for you. Is hardly satisfying or filling but they sure do pack a big calorie punch. I could eat a ton of food for those 400ish calories.

I'm not suffering or punishing myself with food or lack thereof. I just know that if I chose to eat the sugar coated things, if I chose to eat the ice cream. I'm not going to lose weight and i'm going to be hungry again soon.

Someone did the exact same thing to me that i just did to you and I had the exact same reaction as you, only they were much much meaner and even messaged me to continue beating me up. I eventually came around. Maybe you will too.

It's fine to ignore that what I said is right, until you find out for yourself. It figures the one line about caramelized onions would be the one everyone picks apart. lol. Love the forums.

eta.. ah and you are right.. caramelized onions have no sugar on them. Ah i mis spoke. My bad. I'm sure people will rail on that one statement forever. It's ok.

Come around to a world where adding things to vegetables makes them not vegetables?

I certainly hope the OP doesn't decide to wander off into such...unique ways of thinking.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I just know that if I chose to eat the sugar coated things, if I chose to eat the ice cream. I'm not going to lose weight

Lots of people "know" things that are in fact totally wrong. You're not alone in that regard.

eta.. ah and you are right.. caramelized onions have no sugar on them. So I would count them as a serving of vegetable. I was thinking more along the lines of vegetable that are actually covered in sugar or salt and cooked. Ah i mis spoke. My bad. I'm sure people will rail on that one statement forever. It's ok.

1) The idea that adding sugar to a vegetable means it doesn't "count" as a vegetable is one of the more inane, illogical, irrational things I've ever read on MFP. And I've read some doozies. That concept is so profoundly wrong that it's mind-blowing.

2) I've been eating ice cream and fast food and sugared vegetables for years, and I've been doing OK. Weight loss is about calorie balance, not whether you put sugar on your vegetables and somehow negate them.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    OP will not be taking up this very unique food theory.

However I appreciate that it was shared with me today.

Is there a term for this food theory, or is it so unique it has not yet been named?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Is there a term for this food theory, or is it so unique it has not yet been named?

There's a term for the theory. It's called "madness."
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I just know that if I chose to eat the sugar coated things, if I chose to eat the ice cream. I'm not going to lose weight

Lots of people "know" things that are in fact totally wrong. You're not alone in that regard.

1) The idea that adding sugar to a vegetable means it doesn't "count" as a vegetable is one of the more inane, illogical, irrational things I've ever read on MFP. And I've read some doozies. That concept is so profoundly wrong that it's mind-blowing.

2) I've been eating ice cream and fast food and sugared vegetables for years, and I've been doing OK. Weight loss is about calorie balance, not whether you put sugar on your vegetables and somehow negate them.

Your view of sugar and mine are vastly different. I no longer argue the sugar point in the forums. I simply state what works *for me* and you can do what you want with it. I don't count *any* sugar coated foods as healthy and I avoid as much added sugar as I can. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it is healthier to eat that way.

Either way. If you are hungry all the time following a particular diet, then it is not the right diet for you. More vegetables and fruit, more lean meats and less salt and sugar is the way. No diet to follow. Just healthy, preferably whole foods that you cook up yourself paired with portion control. That's the winning combo.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Your view of sugar and mine are vastly different. I no longer argue the sugar point in the forums. I simply state what works *for me* and you can do what you want with it. I don't count *any* sugar coated foods as healthy and I avoid as much added sugar as I can. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it is healthier to eat that way.

Either way. If you are hungry all the time following a particular diet, then it is not the right diet for you. More vegetables and fruit, more lean meats and less salt and sugar is the way. No diet to follow. Just healthy, preferably whole foods that you cook up yourself paired with portion control. That's the winning combo.

Your view of sugar is incredibly misinformed and irrational if you think sugar somehow neutralizes vegetables and makes them not-vegetables.

Seriously. That's genuinely messed up. You shouldn't go around telling people they're not eating vegetables when they in fact are just because they have some sugar on them.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Isn't fruit basically sugar'd vegetable?

Deep thoughts.
  • Achrya
    Options

Isn't fruit basically sugar'd vegetable?

Deep thoughts.

Fruit is magical