Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    and stop twerking!

old people should not spontaneously start twerking in public. :angry:

I'll stop if you will.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I just firmly correct people who think it's okay to walk up and touch my kids. They need to learn somehow.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It's creepy when ANYONE comes up and touches kids...or pregnant bellies.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Dear random young people,

One day YOU will BE a random old person.

I hope you are treated well.

:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Im guessing this is meant to be funny, but seriously whats wrong with people being friendly, must be a generation or dare i say northern thing cause here in the south i dont think people feel this way, exception is if your just actually creepy, smelly unclean, or emotionally unbalanced young or old. For me personally im more worried about catching something from a kid and dont go near them, like dont had me your baby or let your sticky fingered kid grab my had either, as far as pregnant bellys thats a no zone period.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Dear random young people, really, STFU.

This.
    +2 Get the *kitten* off my lawn too!
    +3 respect your elders, duh!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

This.
    +2 Get the *kitten* off my lawn too!
    +3 respect your elders, duh!
    +4 We do what we want, and helping to boost little kids' immune systems is part of nature's plan. :bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    they are trying to take thier youth juice when they do that. that's what i always think.

there may have been a twilight episode about this or something unsure where i got this idea.

but yeah everytime an old person touched my kid i was like

cheek brush, there goes one year from his life span
    arm nudge, there go six months
    wink, a week
    OH NO she's going in for a hug, heck no! i'm not letting you take a whole decade...and I'd whisk him off and say he's been sick.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Im guessing this is meant to be funny, but seriously whats wrong with people being friendly, must be a generation or dare i say northern thing cause here in the south i dont think people feel this way, exception is if your just actually creepy, smelly unclean, or emotionally unbalanced young or old. For me personally im more worried about catching something from a kid and dont go near them, like dont had me your baby or let your sticky fingered kid grab my had either, as far as pregnant bellys thats a no zone period.

Touching someone's child or body isn't necessary for friendliness. I'd never walk up to a kid and pat/ruffle them or touch someone's baby without asking first. I'm originally from Kentucky. I consider it a personal boundary thing though. You don't know other peoples intentions and it's incredibly presumptuous of them to just decide your personal space doesn't need to be respected.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Touching someone's child or body isn't necessary for friendliness. I'd never walk up to a kid and pat/ruffle them or touch someone's baby without asking first. I'm originally from Kentucky. I consider it a personal boundary thing though. You don't know other peoples intentions and it's incredibly presumptuous of them to just decide your personal space doesn't need to be respected. I didnt say it was necessary just not always creepy, but hey i have a hair salon and i deal with both elderly and baby totting clients never saw anyone get out of whack about it, i guess im not thinking of general just out in public like walmart type places. But i have been known to approach peoples dogs and always ask if its ok before i pet so id assume itd be the proper way with people too. And my personal boundary thing applies too people ,any age, up my butt when standing in lines but thats way off topic;)
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    LMAO
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    But this old guy seemed so nice.........

41592_70777160511_4457243_n_zps2c9e548a.jpg
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Touching someone's child or body isn't necessary for friendliness. I'd never walk up to a kid and pat/ruffle them or touch someone's baby without asking first. I'm originally from Kentucky. I consider it a personal boundary thing though. You don't know other peoples intentions and it's incredibly presumptuous of them to just decide your personal space doesn't need to be respected.

AGREED!!!!!!!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    ew, who would even want to touch a random baby? gross.

*cyber high fives you*
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

It's incredibly presumptuous to think people have bad intentions or that everyone must have the same concept of personal space. Even in Kentucky.

It's all very meta.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    People do this?? I am so glad I live in NYC sometimes.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Meh. It never bothered me when people touched my babies. I'm not a germ-a-phob though. Those old people mean well and are just being nice.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to keep old people away from your kids is to leave the kids with a sitter. You know, you can never be too careful!!!!

(Btw... Keep up the good work, random old old people! Dining out and shopping in peace FTW!)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to keep old people away from your kids is to leave the kids with a sitter. You know, you can never be too careful!!!!

(Btw... Keep up the good work, random old old people! Dining out and shopping in peace FTW!)

b4fe866420aaa1ea76bf2d74437dcd2006c6b82c4616a03f9466bf8f9405c821.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.