Love Peanut Butter? Then read this.......

Options
123457»

Replies

• DawnT62
    DawnT62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks lisamay74, for the tip. I too like PB2. I have only used it in smoothies. I like it for a post strength training shake with protein powder, banana and cocoa powder. The replies to your comment seem a bit harsh. These people should realize that by 'healthier' you meant lower in calories and fat. IF, like a great many of us on MFP, you are trying to cut fat or calories or both, then PB2 is a great alternative to peanut butter.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    PB2 sucks.

Additionally I am out of Peanut butter and this thread made me want it. :brokenheart: :sad:
  • bybyadipocytes
    bybyadipocytes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow people calm down! Pb is healthy and my fave but pb2 is great for protein shakes. I hate that "Eeew that's gross" attitude. Don't eat or buy it then!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried Nuttzo, you're missing OUT!

QFT!! creamy chocolate - buy from the website!! way cheaper than whole foods!!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thanks lisamay74, for the tip. I too like PB2. I have only used it in smoothies. I like it for a post strength training shake with protein powder, banana and cocoa powder. The replies to your comment seem a bit harsh. These people should realize that by 'healthier' you meant lower in calories and fat. IF, like a great many of us on MFP, you are trying to cut fat or calories or both, then PB2 is a great alternative to peanut butter.
    \

You, and other's must realize that lower in calories, doesn't necessarily mean healthier.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    so skeptical.... guessing this is not an all natural organic alternative lol
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter but it’s not something I have even once a week, I had a friend force some PB2 on me and I thought it was awful. Now some of the other ideas about using it in a smoothie or mixing it with yogurt does sound interesting but in my opinion it’s pretty bad on its own.
  • bybyadipocytes
    Options
    Exactly she meant less calories and fat to fit into a lower calorie diet.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im a cruchy peanut butter junkie.. i like almond butter alot too but couldnt warm up to it due to the lack of chunky in it ..one day in the store i saw it ... crunchy almond butter... mmmm yummy
  • bybyadipocytes
    Options
    \

You, and other's must realize that lower in calories, doesn't necessarily mean healthier.

They didn't say that! She said it fit into a lower calorie diet. Really, we know about healthy fats and whole foods genius. We're talking calories for a snack or smoothie if you like pb but want to spend your calories on even healthier fats like omegas.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try the PB2 but after this thread have changed my mind. I will stick to getting it from publix where its ground fresh at the store.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Ewwww. I'll pass on powdered PB lacking fat and calories.

Call me when you discover this one instead:
    img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y407/MrM1027/MobileUploads/utf-8BMTcwMTAwMDVfbGcuanBn_zps3f3a6954.jpg[/img

^^^ THAT **** is blissful!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options

I have cut calories. I don't cut fat though because that is just silly. Fat doesn't make you fat. In fact, I have found that higher amounts of fat and protein in my meals keeps me MUCH happier then what I was eating before. The fat in PB is actually quite healthy for you.

Then again, I don't do some silly 1200 nonsense either. I do 15%-20% less then my TDEE which works to be between 1700-1600 calories. So I don't have to give up the real "healthy" stuff like real PB.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Well, as others have said, peanut butter isn't unhealthy, so I'm not sure why you'd need a "HEALTHY alternative".

I admit that I am a bit curious about PB2. Particularly thinking of how I could use it in baking. I haven't been able to find it in the UK, though :/

People are so programmed to think that fat = bad that nut butters get demonized horribly.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It is because I love Peanut Butter that I do not eat PB2.

+ one.

+ two

And I have a sneaking suspicion that this thread did not go the way the OP thought it would.
    No this thread did not go as I thought it would!! I thought I was being helpful!! GUESS NOT!!
    I say it is a healthy alternative to PB because i LOVE pb!!! and I tend to go waaaay over board with pb and I blame me eating too much pb with my apples for much of these 21 pounds I need to lose.... I know regular PB is healthy but not when you tend to go overboard as i tend to do!!!
    That is why I sat it is healthy!!

And with the PB2 *so far* I am not going overboard!!!

Those of you who did not antagonize me......THANK YOU :flowerforyou:

Those of you who did I think we got off on the wrong foot........

Lisa

Well I appreciate that you took your wounds and clarified :) I will now deflect some of the heat from you and say TURKEY BACON IS BETTER THAN PORK BACON!

I'll take your turkey bacon and raise you veggie bacon.

FYI its great with eggs :)

I do love turkey bacon although my husband LOVES pork bacon.
    Veggie bacon?? Never knew there was such a thing. If I even tried to bring that in our house, I think my husband would want a divorce!

Im quite lucky that my partner likes it too. We dont have it often though. Its not always easy to find in the shops. Plus real bacon has more protein :)