WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2014

Options

Replies

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Joyce - Drove by Ridgecrest last Saturday. The Baptist church that I work for (where I am currently) owns a house at Ridgecrest. I miss my mountains soooo much!
  • kathrineb57
    kathrineb57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello to all you beautiful ladies! I have spent half the afternoon catching up on all the post and now that my head is spinning, I couldn't even begin to respond to each and all. On that note, I will say something about the mother issues. My mother and step father were not nice to me growing up, into my young adulthood, even as i matured and a family of my own. Oh, the pillars of the community, but behind closed doors, mean and abusive people, After literally and figuratively running away from these people for years, I spent 19 months on therapy, and wrote a letter of good-bye. Never to see them or speak to them again. That was 10 years ago when I was 46 years old. Of course, they told family and friends that my husband had brainwashed me and cried their " poor us" tears. I do hear about them through the grapevine, since my DD hears from her grandmother once in a while. My step father has passed away, about 4 years ago, my husband has passed away a few months ago and I find myself wondering about my mother. Have even, ever so slightly, thought about contacting her. What the hay! Maybe this is part of my grieving. I hope and pray everyday that I will always be close to my daughter just the way I am now. That I will never give her a reason to hate me or stay away from me.

Katia - I like the way,that when you sign off and reiterate your monthly goals. I noticed you did this and I thought, hey, that is cool, so what is my April goals????????? I literally had to go back to my last post and look them up. So much for making goals, right? So, Kudos to you Katia, for helping me realize that I stated those goals for a reason and I should be looking at them daily.

I am so excited about tomorrow. I got up this morning, and weighed myself, and had a great wt. loss. I am not going to record or say what that is BECAUSE, I realized later that today is not my weigh-in day; tomorrow is....... This is gonna be good. That kind of news sure did keep me focused today. hahaha

Well, I do enjoy hearing from everyone. To all, keep up the good work, and have a good night, I am off to a 4th grade music program for my grandson. A grandson, whom I would like to introduce by the way. His name is Gage. He is 10 years old. HIs birthday is on Halloween, and so is mine. (he was born on that day that I mailed that infamous good-bye letter). He belongs to my oldest son. His mother and father had life challenges of their own and could/would not take care of this sweet baby. He came to me and my husband when he was 3 months old and been with me ever since. He is the light of my life.

Kathrine from Kansas

April goals:
    * to keep my food diary daily, preferably BEFORE I eat the meal.
    * to lose 5 pounds this month
    * to focus on healthy breakfast recipes
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Goodnight everyone. Have a wonderful evening!

Cindy in OK
  • missyfit13
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined MFP and am trying to learn how to get around the site. This looks like a great message board. I'm 70 yrs old and need to lose (again and again) about 20 lbs to get back to a healthy weight and back into my clothes. My goals for April are:

Lose 5 lbs
    exercise daily walking dogs, yoga (just starting that)
    track my food daily
    Keep within my calorie limit.

Pat in West Sacramento, CA
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely gals...just bumping in after a long day. Having brunch with Jill tomorrow...can't wait to meet her. I'm beat so it's off to bed for me. Take care, meg
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Joke of the day:

:laugh:
    Teacher: Class, you have 30 minutes to write a composition on the subject of

Baseball

Jonah: Here’s my paper

Teacher: Jonah, you spent only one minute writing your essay

Lets hear what you wrote

Jonah: Game called off on account of rain

:laugh:
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Quickly checking in to let you know I’m still around and doing fine. Have had this entire week off from work, but have poured my time and energy into volunteering for Denver CASA where I am a board member. April is Child Abuse Prevention month and we’re working hard to get the word out and bring more funding in. :happy: :heart:

Last weekend, DH and I went to the Container Store for a few things to help us finish organizing the master bedroom closet. Oh my, that opened an entire Pandora’s box of organizing projects in kitchen, bath and office. :ohwell:

Since reading "Salt Sugar Fat", I've been doing more cooking from scratch. Not my favorite activity, but Heather, Michelle and others on this board have been quite inspirational in this endeavor. :drinker: :drinker: Ironically, as part of my spring cleaning, I ran into a huge pile of unread Cooks Illustrated magazines which also has helped with my culinary self-education.

So, although not ‘working’, this little staycation has been crazy-busy. I’m still catching up on all your posts. Sending cyber-encouragement and good thoughts to all my Vitamin F regulars, and a warm welcome to the newbies.

Rori in Colorado Foothills where today was 70, but more snow coming soon

My word for 2014 = Release

Goals for April:
    Strength training 90 minutes per week
    Three times a week, consume fewer than 50 carbs
    Pick up the phone and call a friend or relative 1x per week just to check in
    De-clutter and clean my home office, kitchen and hobby room

959856sbd0uyttyy.gif
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Pat in W. Sacramento, CA Welcome !!! I am in Dublin, CA we are "neighbors" (if a 2 hour drive could be called neighbors) - this is a great group of gals.

Well tonight was garden club and I was so lucky! there was supposed to be cake and ice cream to celebrate 30 years of the club being in existence, but the cake gal thought it was next month, so there was just ice cream :smile: I served myself about 1/4-1/3 of a cup and enjoyed every bite! Stayed within calories, and was completely content with a small amount! I was very proud of myself to not inhale it but to savor it.

I read everyone's post and so wish we could all just gather for a real not virtual cuppa! not much more to report...
    Oh yeah! I have another book recommendation - not health related at all; just fun :happy: It is called Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern it is a fun fantasy with magic - at the level of Harry Potter - not really far out fantasy. A gal friend recommended it to me and I loved it --

Happy Friday (in 2 hours) Kim in N. CAL
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Hi beautiful women!
    I stood on the scales today and they are shading under 10 stone. Yeah me! I stayed within calories yesterdsy as I had done a workout before everyone arrived. It meant I was in a bit of a rush, but was worth it.

Welcome Pat!:flowerforyou:
    Rori - so great that you are cooking from scratch!:flowerforyou:

Well today I woke up early in anticipation of catching the train to London. Can't wait to see my darlings!
    I will cstch up with you all later.

Heather in flowery Hampshire UK
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone; hope everyone has something good in store for herself today! :flowerforyou:

Have more knee pain than usual today (with osteoarthritis there are bad days and less bad days), so I'm going to do upper body at the gym and then go biking for a while this afternoon (nice weather).

Cynthia
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning my lovelies

I'm going to call today 'no spinach Friday'. I'm not sure what I'm going to eat instead as I didn't bring any lunch to work. Will have to be extremely gentle with myself as I was up all night TMI ALERT - throwing up with a full blown gallbladder attack. Still have a slight fever but I'm certain it will improve during the day. Please let everyone be pleasant today!

The blue skies have disappeared over London town - back to a dismal grey. I really hope the weather holds for the London Marathon this Sunday.

Going to throw myself at some work now - keeping busy may make the time pass a little faster.

Have a good one my friends.

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    well I am up, had a cup of tea, and today is my long day at work...
    I feel bad,I should get out and walk,but I have my furbaby all curled up on my chest and he is sooooo comfortable..
    got my hair cut short, and I like it,had the meeting at the nursing home.. and what a riot.. I feel bad for them first Annie was after my FIL, now it is the other way around, so they have to keep him separated... and the rec director keeps him with hr alot, she was hanging easter decorations and my FIL grabbed her butt:embarassed: , he said my left hand did that with a huge grin on his face.. then when they brought him into the meeting,Annie had found him and was swearing and wanted to come in with him..
    Oh my are they gonna have fun..took care of paperwork, and after the first week, he hasnt complained about going home.. of course not,he has a girlfriend....he is well fed nd even though I cant get there every single day,I am down there at least 5 days a week...
    My SIL and her mom went to the trust lawyer yesterday.. her nasty brother called and talked to him mom and told her that he got a lawyer and she said God Bless her ,do what you want but Im not dead yet.... so it is my SIL and her SIL on the trust now.. and I hope this man gets diddly squat....
    Thank goodness the weather has finally turned around
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    still lurking lurking lurking...............:tongue:
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello to All, We had lovely weather yesterday, and it is suppose to continue all week-end. I'm so excited about that. We have a Y retreat that I will be at tonight but I won't stay the night, I'll go back tomorrow at lunch time and spend the day. Not sure about Sunday though, I need a day to clean, shop, plan next week-ends meal, do laundry and prepare the yard for the Easter egg hunt.
    I worked out last night, did the elliptical and free weights. Today I have a half hour exercise class at lunch and plan to walk my breaks. I'm hoping when I get on the scale Monday morning I will see a loss.

Patceoh and Beth, My father was a Korean War vet and had planned to take that trip to Washington D.C., he fell ill and never made it. I know he would have loved it and I’m glad I get to read how others went and enjoyed it.

Jb Potland, Cute poem.

Sylvia, I have to laugh at the soccer story as I experienced myself when my girls were little. My oldest did OK but the younger was more the center of my world at the time and of course thought she was the center of everyone’s world. Maybe you can have Ian watch some soccer and see how it works, Anyway, I feel your pain.

Heather UK, Glad the lunch went well, it sounds like you had a lot of fun as well. I am having my kids and grandkids over for brunch Easter morning and I so want it to go well, I pray the weather cooperates so we can have the Easter egg hunt outside. I invited my sister, her son and 2 grandsons as well.

So glad it's Friday and the weather is suppose to be awesome. I feel like I want to be outside and just soak up that sun, let it warm me all the way through.
    Hoping everyone has a happy and healthy week-end.
    Patty Cincinnati, OH
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Rori:smile: So nice to see your post:flowerforyou: !!! I`m glad you`ve enjoyed your staycation ! Isn`t it the truth about Pandora`s box being opened up, I started by deciding I was going to do some landscaping, and now I`m doing an inside and outside remodel:tongue: !

Kim in N. CAL:smile: Sounds like a good book, I wrote it down and will look for it next time I`m at the bookstore! Sometimes I just need to read something that I don`t have to think about!!! Sounds like it will be a good book to sit on my new deck and read this summer (with sunscreen on of course:laugh: )!

Amanda:smile: Sorry you`re not feeling well! Have they made an appt. for you to get your gallbladder out yet? You`ve been waiting for a long time! Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou: !

Heather:smile: Enjoy those beautiful grandchildren:love: !!!

Cynthia:smile: Hope the flare up in your knees feels better soon:flowerforyou: !

Cindy in OK:smile: I spent a couple of hours with paint samples yesterday:noway: , I am having the hardest time trying to pick out paint for my kitchen:grumble: . I finally had to put them away, I was getting so frustrated:sad: ! I`m going to have to get the little cans of paint and paint them on the wall I guess:ohwell: !

Meg and Jill:smile: Hope you have a wonderful time today!!! We expect to see pics:bigsmile: !!!

Sending good wishes to everyone:heart: !!! Have a wonderful day!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in beautiful NC
  • ElizabethAnneLatimer
    Options
    Good morning from sunny...err...rainy Ohio!

Typical Ohio spring weather, 75 for Sunday and snow for Monday. heh....I am at my half way point, 31 pounds; And have never felt better, I"m not dieting as much as a total change of eating habits. I have gone from a 20 (if I have to be honest and I do) to 14, depending on how it's made. The wedding is 6 months away, and I will make my goal weight sometime this summer, so I can get a really pretty mother of the bride dress. As it's all about my daughter getting married this year.

Have a great day - and take 5 extra steps!

Liz
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll make it roll to a new thread --- look for the link to the new one! :wink:

Gail, metro ATL
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump!