• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2hevqcm.gif
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    First and foremost

Cleansing reduction' (new name for hippy - see below) means reducing showers to once or twice a week
    Benefits can include keeping good bugs which help fight disease intact
    Although showering less is fine, you need to regularly wash your hands
    Prince Harry once admitted he hadn't washed his hair for two years

I do not think ANY of you get it! Her boyfriend is a hippy. He has jumped in a time machine capsule. He is recycling or up-cycling the trend.

Trends usually come back every 20-30 years. The whole beard trend has come full circle so the hippy thing is next.

Get on the boat and embrace rather that to discriminate. Why are you all so racist against people that don't shower daily?

She should just put on a Slayer CD to make him go away. Problem solved! :laugh:

5sbYzl2.jpg

Um, he does like metal music. And no, I do not want the father of my daughter to simply go away.

again, treat him like the King he is. Put him in a tub, you rub-a-dub and wash. That way you know it is getting done and he is treated like royalty. = WIN-WIN
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    First and foremost

Cleansing reduction' (new name for hippy - see below) means reducing showers to once or twice a week
    Benefits can include keeping good bugs which help fight disease intact
    Although showering less is fine, you need to regularly wash your hands
    Prince Harry once admitted he hadn't washed his hair for two years

I do not think ANY of you get it! Her boyfriend is a hippy. He has jumped in a time machine capsule. He is recycling or up-cycling the trend.

Trends usually come back every 20-30 years. The whole beard trend has come full circle so the hippy thing is next.

Get on the boat and embrace rather that to discriminate. Why are you all so racist against people that don't shower daily?

She should just put on a Slayer CD to make him go away. Problem solved! :laugh:

5sbYzl2.jpg

Um, he does like metal music. And no, I do not want the father of my daughter to simply go away.

again, treat him like the King he is. Put him in a tub, you rub-a-dub and wash. That way you know it is getting done and he is treated like royalty. = WIN-WIN

Or she could smack him in the face with a bar of soap?
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ^ soap on a rope

1: she can hit him harder
    B: she doesn't have to be as close
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Get a plant sprayer or high pressure water pistol and just keep spraying him when you want him to shower.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    so OP,
    you've got loads of opinions here (most of which are along the same line), and even some suggestions.

can you tell us some more about the situation?

are you in an area of the world where this is common practice?
    what does he do for work that he can go in stinking everyday?

you say he gets home around 7pm and is too tired to shower....has he tried....wait for it.....the morning?

other than being blunt, have you approached this any other way?

my personal opinion is that your dude is gross. he is dirty, probably has a torturous case of swamp *kitten*, and is really not seeming to care what you think. you say he falls asleep and then gets up and "goes online"...what is he doing online? if youre not filling the void of intimacy with him, chances are he's taking care of himself and then passing out in his own filth.

how is the rest of your relationship?
    i ask because if theres a saturday that i neglect to shower (it happens from time to time on a saturday), and my lovely wife tells me that i stink and/or she wants to get yummy down on this....i take a F'ing shower. your dude may have just checked out and has stopped caring about wanting to be intimate with you and please you.

i dont envy you or your daughter's situation. theres a dude at the gym who smells to high hell, and talking to him is rather tough. you have to share living space with this pigpen.

he's either just an enormous slob who has totally checked out, or has some seriously deep-seeded issues going on that you should really think about looking into.

my apologies for offending you and/or your dude, but after all the gifs and jokes....the fact of the matter is, if this is not a cultural thing, then it ain't right.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Personal hygiene is a big deal. Usually it hides other problems in a person's life. Maybe he's the kind of person who lacks initiative. So in this case you can help him by remembering him often to go and take a shower. Don't feel bad avoiding sleeping with him if he stinks. That simple and powerful act always works to awaken a man's inner ego. Eventually he will start to feel more self conscious about himself, and be more responsible. I give credits to you for sticking with him. You're a true keeper, and really want to find a solution. Maybe it will require a lot of patience in your case, but the more loving help he receives from you I believe he will realize it.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Are you a smoker and have now quit? Or maybe could you have/had nasal polyps? Or a concussion? Or maybe you also were not washing much until recently? Any of those could prevent you from smelling him for that time period and now be able to smell him... Otherwise...maybe you knew all along but it didn't really bother you until your friends shamed you/complained? Some cultures don't shower much, so maybe you tolerated this as a 'quirk' of his origin until recently? I'm having fun playing a probable guessing game but running out of realistic ideas very quickly, other than APRIL FOOLS?

There is a group of Russians and one Israeli group of guys who lift in my gym, and can clear me from the vicinity in very little time...he doesn't live near me does he? (before the PC police come, no I have nothing against either group, they are even guys who I might otherwise ask to work in/lift with, they just seem to be groups who do not use deodorant much or at all via unofficial walk by breathing "tests", I figure those all-nationality groups commonality make this a cultural thing)
  • TitzMcGeez
    TitzMcGeez Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi, I wanted others opinions...So my boyfriend of almost 4 years only showers once a week, and doesn't even wear deodorant. I've even had family mention his bad odor. It's so embarrassing! I tried telling him in a light hearted way, that didn't work. So I told him in a blunt way, and he agreed to shower more, but he still hasn't. I've lost track of how many days it's been. I think his last shower was last Wednesday, but can't be certain. It's making me not want to be intimate with him either, we probably are intimate the amount of times he showers during the week. The whole take a shower with him to get him clean idea, I hate taking showers with him because he always wants to be intimate and I just can't do it, and I feel as if I am rewarding him every time he takes a shower - and he should just take one any way! Not asking for him to shower every day, but at least every other day! Opinions?

I know I am a bit late to the party here, but showering? really? If it were me in this situation, I'd move on.. Get a new fella... Find a guy that showers!

Since I am NOT in this situation, I can offer this advice. Ultimatums never work well, but in this case you could still probably get away with using one. Let him know what other people are saying about his smell. Let him know that you don't appreciate having to make excuses for him and that his non showering behavior is starting to make you NOT want to sleep with him anymore. It's my experience that when the sex goes out of the relationship, people start looking for other ways to get pleased. This means the relationship is effectively over anyways..

Let him know that if the behavior doesnt get corrected, that there's no "y'all" anymore

A smelly (and not in a good way) dude is a deal BREAKER...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's trying to avoid intimacy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fitfurlife2012
    Options
    Maybe he's trying to avoid intimacy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

No, he always wants to be intimate, I'm the one who turns him down because of the lack of shower.
  • fitfurlife2012
    Options
    Personal hygiene is a big deal. Usually it hides other problems in a person's life. Maybe he's the kind of person who lacks initiative. So in this case you can help him by remembering him often to go and take a shower. Don't feel bad avoiding sleeping with him if he stinks. That simple and powerful act always works to awaken a man's inner ego. Eventually he will start to feel more self conscious about himself, and be more responsible. I give credits to you for sticking with him. You're a true keeper, and really want to find a solution. Maybe it will require a lot of patience in your case, but the more loving help he receives from you I believe he will realize it.

Thank you! I will keep reminding him, and maybe not getting so angry about it...
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You dont shower for a week and see how he likes it. He is prolly desensitized to his own smell so it doenst bother him but if you do it too then he might realize how gross it is. Maybe you can have sex with him while he is in the shower. Give him some incentive might work. I dont know. This is a weird one but I wish you luck.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have a teenager who is showering every day. Still there are days when she is sick or for some reason we decide to have the shower at night. In these cases I always tell her to wash the important bits. Face, armpits and the nether region.

It is a compromise that could work in his case. Try it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Too late....you have been with him for 4 yrs already!!
    Can't complain now!
    His stench is all up in you!!

That is a disturbing thing to say! Read my reply above, we have a child together and I didn't catch on until after our child was born. Can't just up and leave.

9 months and you didn't catch on?

giphy.gif
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Man was not meant for showers. Its all a conspiracy by Big Bodywash to brainwash us
  • fitfurlife2012
    Options
    Can't complain now!

That is a disturbing thing to say! Read my reply above, we have a child together and I didn't catch on until after our child was born. Can't just up and leave.

giphy.gif

Not sure why it's so hard to understand for some. I was pregnant and working full time, I wasn't always around to watch his every move.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Can't complain now!

giphy.gif

Not sure why it's so hard to understand for some. I was pregnant and working full time, I wasn't always around to watch his every move.

When I was pregnant and working full time, I was still around my home for several hours a day and slept in the same bed as my husband, and my nose worked.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Can't complain now!

giphy.gif

Don't expect anyone here really understand you. People usually don't try to think too much before replying in here. Is chit-chat after all.. you'll find a lot of junk. Take what's good and leave the rest :drinker:
  • fitfurlife2012
    Options
    Can't complain now!

giphy.gif

Don't expect anyone here really understand you. People usually don't try to think too much before replying in here. Is chit-chat after all.. you'll find a lot of junk. Take what's good and leave the rest :drinker:

Truth! Thank you, duly noted :)