I seriously need some good advice, not bs criticism please!

Options
1235»

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My question is, what are you eating? Sugar turns directly to fat.. almost every processed food has sugar in it. I would try to avoid sugar the best you can. Remember that carbs turn to sugar as well. Good luck

Wrong.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Just for reference to those saying she is eating too much at 2800-3000
    I lose on 2400-2800, and I am 135Ibs, so different strokes for different folks and all that.

I'm your weight and no way in heck I would lose on 2400.

I generally get in 800-1200 calorie burns in exercise.
    I also have COPD which might potentially influence it as it means I have to work harder, with my limited lung function. I also have around 14% bodyfat, so that might also play into it. Not sure. But I was losing half to 1 Ib per week eating 2400-2600. Now nearing maintenance.

Wow! Are you training to compete? That is really low bf. how tall?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just for reference to those saying she is eating too much at 2800-3000
    I lose on 2400-2800, and I am 135Ibs, so different strokes for different folks and all that.

I'm your weight and no way in heck I would lose on 2400.

I generally get in 800-1200 calorie burns in exercise.
    I also have COPD which might potentially influence it as it means I have to work harder, with my limited lung function. I also have around 14% bodyfat, so that might also play into it. Not sure. But I was losing half to 1 Ib per week eating 2400-2600. Now nearing maintenance.

Wow! Are you training to compete? That is really low bf. how tall?

I am 5'10
    And nope, not training to compete. I just sort of ended up here when I took up boxing, weights, running etc, and upped my protein. Was not really intentional, lol.
  • DavidDV78
    DavidDV78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, train strength and cardio. That whole cardio takes my gains is a myth long debunked
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You NET 2200 - so you eat around 2800 to 3000 cals per day? That's a LOT of food for somebody your size, even if you are active.... Try upping your protein (so you stay full) and drop a few 100 cals and see if that works better......

Yep, just looked at your diary - you are eating a huge amount of carbs - and LOTS of calories...At 33 your are probably beginning to experience the unfortunate gradual slowdown of metabolism....Cut your carbs and up your protein - try the 40p/30c/30f ratio and cut a couple of 100 calories per day...All the sugar and refined carbs will spike your bloodsugar and make you feel like you are starving - and with that amount of calories it is not possible.....

^^agree...sounds like you are working out enough...my trainer told me toning is 80% DIET. I see flatter tummy when I cut my carbs...at least processed stuff. Try eating 'cleaner' less processed. and less carbs.

I always wash my food. Especially the carbs because you never know where they have been.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If I was stalled in weight loss, I would probably eat less or move more. If moving more is not an option then I suppose you have to go with the eat less method.

Seems almost too simple.