October 30 day shred challenge anyone?

Options

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - I feel like i have old man legs. Walking up and down stairs is killer; the funny thing is that I look forward to shredding because that's when my muscles get warmed up enough to not be sore for a bit.
  • RissaE
    RissaE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete! ... exercising right as you get out of bed is tough... :-) Everything is great, except those darn push ups and the arm raises doing that lateral squat... I think it's clear to see that my arms are weak! Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • sheenmarie3
    sheenmarie3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 complete! :smile:
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 6, done! Did it this evening instead of this morning because I wasn't feeling well earlier...didn't want to skip it because I really enjoy it :) I'm getting better on the push ups, can do half of them the real way and half of them the "girly" way :)

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • grouch201
    Options
    Day 4 - Feeling less and less sore after shredding and was so close to making all the way through those darn bicycle crunches without stopping. I think I had a total of three instances where I had to either rest my muscles or catch my breath. Baby steps!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Things are going good with me and this round of the shred day 4 completed yesterday I dragged my hubby in with me and he pulled out his 20lb weights why was he sweating like crazy and I had to give him my 8lb weights before it was all said and done bumping me down to my 5lb weights LOL. Plus we were suppose to go to the gym after that and why did he say naw I think I am good but thanks LMBO!!! Yeah he was sleeping on those 27mins not no more hahahahaha!!
  • BxMom67
    Options
    If you like her 30 day shred video you should check out her yoga one...it's about 22 min long and good work out... She also has two more DVD's that are awesome as well... May be I will start one in November out with a back injury so I can't join you guys this month.. Good luck to all and I wish you al much weight loss :drinker:
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Alright...last night got a little busy and I didn't get a chance to post my workout and my starting weight and measurements :( So here they are:

Workout--Shred Level 1 day 1
    100 pushups Week 1 Day 1
    200 situps Week 1 Day 1

Weight: 135.8 (TOM included)
    Bust: 34.5
    Ribcage: 30.5
    Waist: 28.25
    Hips (not sure where to measure so I do two spots): 33.75/35.0
    Biceps (L/R): 10.5/10.75
    Thighs (L/R): 23.5/23.5
    Calfs (L/R): 14.0/14.0

I also took preworkout pics...not sure I'm ok with sharing so maybe I'll just do post pics...when my 6 week regimen is up :)

Keep up the work friends :)))
  • Becky_LaBelle
    Becky_LaBelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've joined the challenge as well. I had to take off day 2, but I've been going strong. I'm so committed to this, it's crazy. I'm able to last longer and longer with each workout.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 5 yesterday and on to day 6 today! Looking back on day on and remembering how I had to "take a break" during each exercise, and comparing it with yesterday's workout, where I made it all the way through with out a break, and I can't believe I have already come this far! I am loving my results already, I can't wait to see how I am on day 30! So glad I have stuck with it this time!
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Hey Everybody...question for you...

Do you typically eat all your calories in a given day? And do you make sure you add the exercise calories burned as well? In other words (just an example)...if I'm "allowed" 1260 calories a day and I burn 300 calories working out...should I be sure to eat 1560 calories that day?

I haven't been eating ALL my calories and I want to make sure I don't "starve" my body. Advice anyone????
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day 7, done! Wooooo!

Keep up the good work everyone! :)
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody...question for you...

Do you typically eat all your calories in a given day? And do you make sure you add the exercise calories burned as well? In other words (just an example)...if I'm "allowed" 1260 calories a day and I burn 300 calories working out...should I be sure to eat 1560 calories that day?

I haven't been eating ALL my calories and I want to make sure I don't "starve" my body. Advice anyone????

I generally eat some but not all of my exercise calories...say if you burned 300 I would probably eat 170 of them. Others on here will tell you to make sure you eat them all, but eating them all scares me! lol.
  • RissaE
    Options
    Yeah! Day 5 is done :-)
  • pal_dehal
    Options
    Hey everyone, either I'm missing something here, what video is it, I'm from England, what is this video about, I live in ENGLAND, so can I pick it up here.

would love to do the workout
  • DreeDub
    Options
    Hey everyone, either I'm missing something here, what video is it, I'm from England, what is this video about, I live in ENGLAND, so can I pick it up here.

would love to do the workout

We're completing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred workout program. I know here in the states we're able to buy the video at our basic stores...walmart, target, meijer, etc. I'm sure you could find it online and order it or check it out online..maybe there is a store where you could find it.

It's really a great program. 3 levels of workouts. Complete Level 1 for 10 days...them move on to Level 2 for 10 days...and finally Level 3 for 10 days. 30 day program that only takes 20-25 minutes/day :)

I hope you'll be able to join us.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Day 5 complete!!

I normally don't eat my exercise calories back I tend to stay between 1200-1500 calories but closer to the lower end!!
  • grouch201
    Options
    Day 5 – So close to not stopping. Just had to let up a little on the boxing and the squats with anterior raises. I had to slow down the bicycle crunches, but finally made it through without stopping. Also, the ‘old man’ legs are almost gone and I can walk normal again! Huzzah!

As to eating exercise calories...i notice when I eat them, i loose more slowly, so I just make sure to get as close to my base calories as possible and perhaps eat a few of the exercise calories back. It gives a little bit of a 'cheat' zone if I don't plan on eating them. But that works for me. I also try to listen to my body for when it signals it's hungry. At those times, I just find something simple to munch like some apple slices or perhaps some celery with peanut butter. I just keep it simple and it seems to be working quite nicely. But everybody is different so you just have to find what works for you! Good luck!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope that I'm not to late to join in here. I just got my copy of the dvd today, can't believe I was so excited to get a workout dvd :).

So I completed Day 1 and I almost made it all the way through - had to stop for a few breaths here and there and had to do the easy style a couple of times but all in all not too bad, I feel great now!

My starting weight is 191.8
  • RissaE
    Options
    Yeah for us :-) I just completed day 6! I am tempted to go to level 2, just to get a bit of variety :-) But the pushups are still so hard for me that I know it's best to stick with level 1 for the 10 days. This is the first time I've actually been able to stay with this for more than a couple of days. It's making a big difference in my motivation and eating habits. Success really does breed success :-) Happy shredding!!