Dairy Queen Blizzards

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    For the calorie splurge, I'd much rather have a Concrete from Freddy's. Mmmmmm custard.

I'll inhale their fries, and I normal don't even eat fries, but THOSE things aren't worth it to me.
  • ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard (small) last weekend. 700 calories. Ridiculous, but I had the extra room for calories. May have to settle for a mini.
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For the calorie splurge, I'd much rather have a Concrete from Freddy's. Mmmmmm custard.

+1. Except I get the mini Concrete Mixer from Culver's, but it's probably very similar.
  • moviestarsara
    Options
    McDonalds is coming back out with the cadbury creme egg McFlurry.... I don't even want to know calorie count, I'm gonna hide until they're no longer for sale....

Why isn't this available in America??? I want one. :frown:
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'll take an Oreo Blizzard and ALL it's chemicals...including the ones in the Oreos that make them addictive! :drinker:
    Absolutely this...if you're getting a Blizzard....
    This.
  • nozzy48
    nozzy48 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I really need a blizzard now. Strawberry Cheesequake please!?!

No Shena, you meant to say Reese's PB Cup!! Doh!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Absolutely this. Blizzards are overrated. Gimme frozen custard ANY DAY. Or frozen yogurt with mix-ins.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a blizzard since I was a kid. That was, I guess, 30-something years ago. I liked them and all, but I guess when I have a craving for ice cream, which isn't often, I usually go for Ben and Jerry's...
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    When I splurge on a Blizzard it's a medium Cookie Jar
    Can't resist ice cream mixed with both Oreos and Cookie dough!! I save calories by not adding fudge :tongue:
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My Doctor told my wife I could have Diary queen when ever I wanted. The was only one stipulation I need to ride my bike to the DQ.

I have a DQ only 5 miles away which is good for a small cone. A blizzard requires I take the 9 mile ride to the DQ two towns over.
  • A_nori
    A_nori Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do a presentation at work, a mini blizzard is my "reward". I know we are not supposed to use food as a reward, but this helps me get through it. 400 calories is typically low enough that I can easily work it off with a good workout, and it counts as my splurge for the week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My Doctor told my wife I could have Diary queen when ever I wanted. The was only one stipulation I need to ride my bike to the DQ.

I have a DQ only 5 miles away which is good for a small cone. A blizzard requires I take the 9 mile ride to the DQ two towns over.

This is pretty awesome, although I don't know if a 9 mile ride will burn 900 calories?

I've never had a blizzard, lol. I'm all about Rita's frozen custard though. And Cheeburger Cheeburger's hazelnut milkshakes... found out a couple days ago that a small one is only 369 calories, just waiting for a day when I have extra carbs to have one. They're always pretty filling too.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is coming back out with the cadbury creme egg McFlurry.... I don't even want to know calorie count, I'm gonna hide until they're no longer for sale....

I truly, truly hate you for informing me of its existence. I was just mourning the lack of the flake mcflurry here in the states. I may have to road trip to Canada this month--and I live in Georgia. :cry:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are a great replacement at only 150 calories! but blizzards are really goooooood!

I love the SC stuff.
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the oreo cheesequake blizzard and the Turtle Pecan Cluster blizzard with oreo pieces instead of the chocolatey bits (it's the same hot stuff they use to dip cones, so it makes the blizzard too soft for me). Recently they had the "buy one, get one for $0.99" deal which made it 10x harder to resist for my husband and I. We went with some friends and planned it ahead of time and I was shocked that a large one was over 1100 calories! So to fit it into my macros, I went with a smaller size.

Normally I'm not tempted because of the outrageous price. Thankfully that deal is now over and I can forget about them. I really like them, but not THAT much. Even the sundae prices have gone up a lot, but seems more reasonable. Give me a large hot caramel sundae with peanuts, mmm.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Just finished 2 hours of yard work and now I want this!!!

DQblizzard.jpg
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I just had one on Sunday. Reeses PB cup in a chocolate dipped waffle cone. I gave zero f***s about the calorie count.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    They're not whipped up ice milk. They're whipped up oleo product. It's just flavoured fat. Literally.

Sorry to disappoint, but DQ does NOT use oleo. Where do people come up with such nonsense?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The small ice cream treats at McDonald's are tasty and have less calories.

Getout.gif

I can haz Oreo McFlurry please?

No! :angry:

:laugh:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....peanut butter cup blizzard.......