Dairy Queen Blizzards

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They're not whipped up ice milk. They're whipped up oleo product. It's just flavoured fat. Literally.

Sorry to disappoint, but DQ does NOT use oleo. Where do people come up with such nonsense?
    Isn't oleo what they made those fat free chips out of years ago? The ones that made everyone sick?

I don't know. I know that my mom told me that if a recipe calls for oleo, then just use margarine. Wikipedia says it is either oil or margarine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleo

"Oleo (album), a 1962 album by jazz guitarist Grant Green"

Maybe that's what the Blizzard is made from!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Isn't the "serving size" of ice cream ridiculously small?

I just had a serving size of Ben & Jerry's...the 4 ounce mini one. It was great, I think. I probably could eat two of them, but four ounces was fine.

I wish there was a DQ near my job, but Ben & Jerry's is not a bad substitute.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    They're not whipped up ice milk. They're whipped up oleo product. It's just flavoured fat. Literally.

Sorry to disappoint, but DQ does NOT use oleo. Where do people come up with such nonsense?
    Isn't oleo what they made those fat free chips out of years ago? The ones that made everyone sick?

I don't know. I know that my mom told me that if a recipe calls for oleo, then just use margarine. Wikipedia says it is either oil or margarine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleo

"Oleo (album), a 1962 album by jazz guitarist Grant Green"

Maybe that's what the Blizzard is made from!

It could be true. Both jazz and DQ are cool!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I look at places like Dairy Queen just like I would a drug pusher. If I'm not careful, it will ruin my health. Even worse, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbin's is literally across the street from my apartment complex. :frown:

can't be serious…

yea, dairy queen and your neighborhood crack dealer are totally on the same level ….

Are you sure the poster meant crack dealer? From my experience, only *legal* drug sales reps are actually *pushers* of drugs. Drugs like crack and meth tend to sell themselves, no pushing needed. :wink: :laugh:
  • marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Give me frozen yogurt from sweet frog any day! (With reece's cups and butterfinger...mmmmmmmm)

I...may have had that for lunch today. *looks around guiltily*
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I need to incorporate some Blizzards into my diet.

Even better than my weight gainer shakes and DQ has achieved maximum calorie density...a wonderful achievement for bulkers everywhere.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

No, I believe that was Olestra. Soft serve is a mix of ice cream and froyo and other "chemicals" :bigsmile:

And hey, if you want an easy-breezy chocolate fix, the DQ Fudgecicle is only a fat-free 50 calories! :drinker:

DQ is actually made with milk and buttercream, not froyo. (That's why it tastes better than most other soft serve.)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    You obviously don't have an addiction to such things.

I just had a serving size of Ben & Jerry's...the 4 ounce mini one. It was great, I think. I probably could eat two of them, but four ounces was fine.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I look at places like Dairy Queen just like I would a drug pusher. If I'm not careful, it will ruin my health. Even worse, Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbin's is literally across the street from my apartment complex. :frown:

can't be serious…

yea, dairy queen and your neighborhood crack dealer are totally on the same level ….

Are you sure the poster meant crack dealer? From my experience, only *legal* drug sales reps are actually *pushers* of drugs. Drugs like crack and meth tend to sell themselves, no pushing needed. :wink: :laugh:

yea, but you still have someone on the corner "pushing" them …I just wish people would not make blanket idiotic statements like this ….oh well...
  • ndj1979
    Options

ahh yes the "addiction" train ..that one is never late…..
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Ice cream is not addictive. :laugh:

Crack and meth are both addictive, but ice cream is not.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I also don't recommend they figure out a way to enjoy meth.

Hey, there's nothing to figure out when it comes to enjoying it. The "figuring out" part comes when you realized you smoked/snorted/banged your rent money. :noway:
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    DQ is okay. Not my favorite thing to have. I prefer to frequent small, locally run ice cream shops. Way better ice cream. Also I get a little skeeved out wondering when the last time they actually cleaned the soft serve machine was.:sick:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

ahh yes the "addiction" train ..that one is never late…..

Yes, the false "addiction" claims are almost as annoying as top-posting. :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    . It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

if I can eat it- it's real.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

can't be serious…

yea, but you still have someone on the corner "pushing" them …I just wish people would not make blanket idiotic statements like this ….oh well...

I've never seen a drug "pusher," but I've known many dealers from back in the day. I remember having several dealers on speed-dial, just hoping one would come through. I do not recall anyone ever standing on a corner and making offers. but then, I've always lived in the 'burbs. Maybe it's different other places...
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I traded my blizzard for a light mango smoothie. So yummy
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    . It's depressing when I begin to think about how many of us are not even really eating real food.

if I can eat it- it's real.

tumblr_lke5qo3PjZ1qfy8d0.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options

can't be serious…

I've never seen a drug "pusher," but I've known many dealers from back in the day. I remember having several dealers on speed-dial, just hoping one would come through. I do not recall anyone ever standing on a corner and making offers. but then, I've always lived in the 'burbs. Maybe it's different other places...

well when i was an idiot in high school we used to drive down to the hood and "big smoke" would be hanging on the corner selling nickel bags of bud…so yea, they do that ….

^ evidence of a misspent youth lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Give me frozen yogurt from sweet frog any day! (With reece's cups and butterfinger...mmmmmmmm)

I...may have had that for lunch today. *looks around guiltily*

I had frozen yogurt for lunch yesterday. And I still hit my macros and got 5 servings of veg. :drinker: