October No Late Night Snacking

Options
The challenge continues! (to challenge us). If you're mad about snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only drinker. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

We've tried posting week to week, but it hasn't been as successful. So we are going to try the month of October as a whole.

Join at ANY time, with each of individually tallying at the end of each week and even the month. Don't give up. One night of non-success does not scrap you for the week or the month. Make a goal, and if you overcoming one extra night a week or month of success, then you are a winner!

Can't wait to see you on here. We'd love to have your support.

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Dew and Rosemary, are you gonna join me?

For me this month, Sunday through Thursday, cutoff is a hard 7:30 (no exceptions). Friday and Saturday, no later than 9:30 (but I'm going to try for 9 if I circumstances allow).

So today it starts.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I am up for this challenge. I was doing the weekly in Sept, but didn't have computer access for awhile so I wasn't posting. I think I only snacked 2 nights in the latter part of Sept. :happy:
    So, let's do this for the month of October!!!
    My cut-off time is 9:30 p.m. except for special occasions out - then it's 11:30 p.m.
    Thanks for starting this up again!!! :flowerforyou: It really helps to be accountable.
    Zaza
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I am in for October. Is it possible that it really is October? :wink: September was fair for me. I may not post everyday since my computer access is sketchie. But here's to October!!! :flowerforyou:

Best of success to all of you! :happy:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    :heart: perfect timing, lorna, to drag me in here :flowerforyou:
    I'll make it 1h before I go to bed, given the circumstances :wink:
    so happy to see you join this again, rosemary and zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Is it possible that it really is October? :wink:

been asking myself exactly the same question today
    :noway: it can't be October already!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Hi zaza, rosemary, and dew. Thanks for the support.

Well, my hubby saved me last night by not wanting dessert. This is going to take me a few nights to get back into the habit. Time to set my watch alarm again.

Me 1/Snacks 0

Tonight, I'm making it 7:30, as Sunday night will be my other 9:30 one since we will be out of town.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    For October ....Me 1 / Snacks O

Got a new book...."Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half" by Steve & Annette Economides. And I also read somewhere else that control of the diet and control of finances go hand in hand. Interesting, huh!

Best to all in October :drinker:
  • erin_89
    erin_89 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm so in!!!! my cut off time is 7:30. After that only water not much of a tea fan.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I'm so in!!!! my cut off time is 7:30. After that only water not much of a tea fan.

Erin, great having you. You can do it!!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 1 - Snacks: 0 :drinker:. Confession: if it weren't for the challenge, I would have eaten later last night, but I resisted the temptation, at the thought that I cannot lose against them on the 1st of the month. So... good start, yeay me! and thanks once again, Lorna :wink:.
  • twinskatergirl
    Options
    I would like to join this group.
  • dorothymantooth
    Options
    Late night snacking is my downfall. My cut off time is 8:00.
  • MystcDrmr
    MystcDrmr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my cut off time is 7pm tonic water or water only or tea black
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was meant for me to see this topic because late night snacking is my ENEMY! I do just fine throughout the day and then at night I just start snacking on anything in the house. So, I am willing to take on this challenge.

No Eating after 8 pm (If I am struggling, I will only have 1 piece of fruit)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Please count me in! I was good for the end of Sept and with cutting off my late-night snacking, but last night was a little more difficult. My cut-off time is 8:00pm, since I'm usually in bed by 11pm. Friday and Saturday nights, I might give myself an extra 1/2 hour, since I sometimes go to bed later on those nights. Good luck everyone! We can do it!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me:1 LNS:0.......I was rushing to cook dinner last night so I wouldnt eat after 8 pm. I MADE IT with 2 mins to spare. LOL. I also did 1 hr on elliptical before I went to bed last night.
  • betterchoices
    Options
    This one is for me!

After dinner by 8 pm. I will stick to ONE healthy 200 or less calorie snack, ONLY!

If that works?
  • betterchoices
    Options
    loveme445... GOOD job!!!
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I got to be this size by late night ice cream.

My cut-off time is 7pm. Then it is herbal tea.

BMW6Series
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I would have lost the point last night, had I not gone so late to bed. Does that count? :blushing:.
    Me:2 - Snacks:0