Worst Thing You Found Out about on Facebook

Options
mistyloveslife
mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
So I get on Facebook this morning to look something up for a friend. I learned that my mom is having a heart cath done today. I have 2 sisters and one posted it to facebook. Not a single person told me.

A couple years ago, I learned my aunt had a massive stroke via Facebook.

I live an hour from my family and check in with them about every other day. So my question is this. What's the worst thing you found out about on Facebook?

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    That my FIL had a stroke and was in the hospital... to be fair though, my in laws aren't exactly the most communicative bunch when it comes to the telephone... though they could have called/texted me and I would have made sure my husband knew... instead, they couldn't reach him and I find out on facebook and told my husband.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I found out about the Century 16 shooting via Facebook, someone I knew was a victim. Also found out my dad got remarried to his first wife, saw wedding photos, he never told any of us (his "second family"). Oh and a few relationship crap.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not on FB!!!!:laugh:
  • dnak17
    dnak17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    that most of the females on my list are *kitten*

apparently....going from single to in a relationship is a mood thing.

So you're saying you were dumped via Facebook.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ooch! Yay for chauvinism!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wow. With my immediate family, no one posts about things like that until we know the entire family knows about it first.

I did find out about a friend/semi-family member having a serious medical issue through Facebook, but I am not in the circle of people who should have received a phone call about it, anyway. It was just easier for his wife to mass communicate about his condition that way. His parents and brother, etc., knew before it got posted.

Oh, but the worst things I ever found out through FB (again, in both cases I was not someone who SHOULD HAVE been called, so it was OK) were two car accident deaths last year. One was a high school friend (not a close one) and his wife and the other was someone I knew only online, but had known for many years and sadly never got to meet in person.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Deaths. It seems to be the place where I find out someone died. Never a family member, but family members of close friends or celebrities
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I found out my 18 year old son (at the time) who had moved out of our house because we were too strict....and moved in with his mom (I'm technically step-mom though I despise the term)....had gotten engaged. He was still a junior in HS at the time (he was held back during his parents' divorce). Yeah...finding out your son got engaged via facebook really sucks. Oh....and that's where I found out about several other behavioral things with that one, too.

Now, he's serving his country in the Marines, and we couldn't be more proud of him!!
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options

So you're saying you were dumped via Facebook.

LOL
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    That my then-husband had a girlfriend.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just found out yesterday that my friends dad was stabbed and in ICU. To be fair, we have grown apart quite a bit but still, I've known her and her dad since I was in 4th grade!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Found out that my now ex-husband was going out to clubs instead of going to class. Actually found out he had flunked out of ITT Tech and all the while he was out of the house was doing all sorts of fun recreational stuff.

He was not happy when I told him I knew what was going on.

Luckily nothing more serious than that was found out via facebook. My family is really close-knit and we keep in touch.
  • brittany2188
    Options
    I have a family member who likes to post "prayer requests" for people on FB. They usually do it so AS SOON as they find something out... Usually it's before everyone else hears about it. I know they mean well, but come on.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Person from HS who I had lost touch with after graduating was murdered by her bf in front of their 4 month old son... Makes me really sad when I think about it cus she had a really difficult life (her mom died young and she was a bit of a latchkey kid) and it looked like she was getting her life together...
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I found out my eldest son impregnated that woman he married and that she lost the baby. Several months later, I found out he (we're going on the assumption it was him, at this point) did it again. She is due in July sometime. He still hasn't told me. *shrug*

Best part? This is the FIRST grandchild out of three sons. Not sure this was how I envisioned it...but then I also envisioned him marrying an actual HUMAN BEING. :huh:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Several family deaths :frown:

Also, I found out numerous times how dilated many women were before they birthed their children.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

It's complicated.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Person from HS who I had lost touch with after graduating was murdered by her bf in front of their 4 month old son... Makes me really sad when I think about it cus she had a really difficult life (her mom died young and she was a bit of a latchkey kid) and it looked like she was getting her life together...

Oh man..that is so sad. :frown:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That facebook is stupid and most of the crap on it is fake. I was devistated.